Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks?

Of course they do. But when something isnt working, when the other team clearly.has a plan and is executing, change it up. An aggressive closeout zone is one way, or a tight man or box one can be another. We stayed in a lazy zone all night figuring they would.not keep hitting and they did
How often do you see a box and one in college hoop? This isn't high school. I also would like to see a mix of defense. Man and zone and a press works for me. but we won't have that for at least 3 more years.

Of course they do. But when something isnt working, when the other team clearly.has a plan and is executing, change it up. An aggressive closeout zone is one way, or a tight man or box one can be another. We stayed in a lazy zone all night figuring they would.not keep hitting and they did

I’m sure the coaches told the team to play a “lazy zone” too...

Just tell them to play the good zone next time, amiright!!???

I have suggested that you call his radio show. none of us here can do anything about what you want. We have heard you.
You know how JB would handle it. He wouldn’t give an answer.
I don’t blame if he doesn’t give a crap what I or fans think . It doesn’t mean he is right. I wouldn’t blame him either it just doesn’t mean he is right not to try and change the offense.

Team photo:

is
That is it. I don't have to stand for these personal attacks. I'm on the far left of the picture.

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who was reading the OP about "unwillingness to change the offense", and thinking about the irony, because he's much more infamous for his unwillingness to change the defense. Apparently he doesnt like change much at all. It's a wonder those Obama posters with the caption of "Change" moved him so much. Maybe some artist can make similar posters of "Change" with JB's bust on them, to inspire him once again?

We are a zone team. He shouldn't change. He is a HOF coach and that's his system. But damn. Draw up a couple plays here and there for situational purposes. Its obscene to keep giving teams looks that are shooting 60%. Dare them in the first half. When you are down 10 with 5 to go, it's time to play aggressive D.

How often do you see a box and one in college hoop? This isn't high school. I also would like to see a mix of defense. Man and zone and a press works for me. but we won't have that for at least 3 more years.

Lol, man I skimmed right over that. He said a box and 1!!! Like they’re playing Bishop Grimes or something. I’m dying.

Obviously its man but I'm trying to thrive options out. To straight up say "play 3 man series a half" is a bridge too far for some here.

We should have pressed more. I know JB was scared of their guards but they're like 5'10". We could have flipped the momentum with more pressure. And I'm still waiting for the day when we get back to doing something, anything, in transition on offense.

What defense did Kentucky play against Duke?

I dont know and I dont care. I am not a proponent of man D. I love the 2-3. It should be our D 95% of plays. I just wish we had a couple situational plays to press full court, and a couple more man up sets to press 3 pt shooters, when the case calls for it.

Sigh. I'm just saying try something else. It wasnt working. The other team outcoached us.

Literally every time we lose, people say this...

Trying something else that you’re not as good at isn’t the answer. They pressed. They make adjustments to the zone.

Some of you act like these other teams are playing 5 different defenses in a game or something.

A lot of teams lose every night playing all man to man...

No doubt the same 'ol same 'ol stagnant style of ISO O is problematic. However, UConn put 83 up on us tonight, I don't know how many games we have won the last 10-15 years when a team scores that much.

What defense did Kentucky play against Duke?
If JB had the talent of UK or Duke I honestly think he would do better in the tournament than Calipari or K because the guy’s D works. It is undisputed.
If he had the offensive talent on UK or Duke his offensive philosophy would be perfect those teams have NBA iso talent.

Trying something else that you’re not as good at isn’t the answer. They pressed. They make adjustments to the zone.

Some of you act like these other teams are playing 5 different defenses in a game or something.

So you are saying that when the other team is shooting 57% from deep we just hope they miss? We dont do anything differently but hope they miss?

We should have pressed more. I know JB was scared of their guards but they're like 5'10". We could have flipped the momentum with more pressure. And I'm still waiting for the day when we get back to doing something, anything, in transition on offense.

If our offense ever got back to the transition offense of the late 00’s I might die and go to heaven. That offense with our defense = NC.

I'm a Patriots fan. Belichick was badly outcoached last week. I can admit that. Greatest coach of all time and he was outcoached. I dont understand why Syracuse fans believe boeheim is infallible. HOF coach and he had a bad night. He probably will have a lot of great nights going forward.

We should've score more. Missed way too many easy shots. The big two didn't show up.

Next time that zone needs to be extended far more, and take our chances with an undersized big if they dump it in low.

No offense to Alsacs and On my way! others but some of you only watch high profile games. Brissett missed about 6 layups tonight. Is that JB’s fault. He was awful.

Well, Brissett missing layups is nothing new...it plagued him last year as well. He goes to the hoop hard, but maybe that's part of the problem, and therefore, is somewhat out of control. That, and/or he still isn't physically strong enough to finish in traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom