Is it crazy to think we can win the ACC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is it crazy to think we can win the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Pitt loss kills. FSU just beat them at Pitt.

Amongst needed wins and lots of them we simply can't lose to FSU
Exactly. Had we beat Pitt and Miami, then sure, winning the ACC would be a relevant discussion.

But we didn't - unless we go 9-2 the rest of the season, it's not happening.

Heck, we probably need to go 9-2 for an outside chance of being in the discussion in March.

Exactly. Had we beat Pitt and Miami, then sure, winning the ACC would be a relevant discussion.

But we didn't - unless we go 9-2 the rest of the season, it's not happening.

Heck, we probably need to go 9-2 for an outside chance of being in the discussion in March.

9-2 or better is the only ticket. 8-3 and an ACC title game appearance... maybe. Otherwise anything else is ACCT win or bust.

Last edited:
That is a BS post. Nobody jumped on the poster. The question was literally “is it crazy…?” People answered.

Sure. Being told to deal with reality. And it’s not just this post/thread. Straight facts.

Sure. Being told to deal with reality. And it’s not just this post/thread. Straight facts.

Yeah and some of those folks wrongly pointing at critics as haters... alongside then constantly throwing that same kind of shade at players... it's often a closed loop.

“Straight facts” like the caliber of ACC team we’ve beaten vs the ones we’ve yet to play.

Yeah I’m happy about the win and excited about the direction the team is going and the consistency with which some plays are playingz

But, I mean..

9-2 or better is the only ticket. 8-3 and an ACC title game appearance... maybe. Otherwise anything else is ACCT win or bust.
You think we need to go 15-5 in the ACC to make the tourney? Yea, I don’t agree with that. But we do need a bunch of quality wins, like beating UVA or Clemson on the road. Let’s start Tuesday with UNC.

I thought this thread was about the ACC Tourney. :oops: But my comments stand!

You think we need to go 15-5 in the ACC to make the tourney? Yea, I don’t agree with that. But we do need a bunch of quality wins, like beating UVA or Clemson on the road. Let’s start Tuesday with UNC.

So the comparison is ND last year, another year the league was down and ND, with a stronger non conference than we have had this year went 15-5 and was in the first four. We have zero Q1 wins and 2 Q3/4 losses at home.

Our non conference is really bad given we couldn't get that win over St Johns and then have those two bad losses. So 15-5, while it seems great, the total body of work still isn't much to write home about given how bad the ACC is.

13-7 in conference play is not getting us in without a run in the ACCT. 14-6 is iffy and heavily depends on where those wins and losses come from along with a ACCT run.

So the comparison is ND last year, another year the league was down and ND, with a stronger non conference than we have had this year went 15-5 and was in the first four. We have zero Q1 wins and 2 Q3/4 losses at home.

Our non conference is really bad given we couldn't get that win over St Johns and then have those two bad losses. So 15-5, while it seems great, the total body of work still isn't much to write home about given how bad the ACC is.

13-7 in conference play is not getting us in without a run in the ACCT. 14-6 is iffy and heavily depends on where those wins and losses come from along with a ACCT run.
Agree somewhat. But, 13 wins that include UNC, Duke, and UVA might be enough. I don't know if we have a single quality, quality win so far this season. We're almost like a 1 bid league regular season champ in terms of resume right now.

Agree somewhat. But, 13 wins that include UNC, Duke, and UVA might be enough. I don't know if we have a single quality, quality win so far this season. We're almost like a 1 bid league regular season champ in terms of resume right now.

I still stand with we gotta beat those 3 plus win at VT. Then we can't lose to a rival ACC bubble squad or BC, FSU, GT. Thus to me we need 14 wins plus something in the ACCT depending on what the bubble looks like.

VT may very will sink and thus the away game becomes a Q2 that we can't afford to lose.

The Miami and Pitt losses have given us very very little margin.

14 and 6 with the right games would put us with a Q1 record around 3-4 most likely and something similar in Q2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom