Is it crazy to think we can win the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

Is it crazy to think we can win the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also don’t think they can keep a Power 6 champ out of the tournament. Again, maybe?

I’d say with the depth we have this year, it’s one of our best chances.

winning back to back to back games with 6 guys is impossible
I think he’s talking regular season.

We would be the worst Power 6 team to ever win, but I don’t think it’s nuts. The conference is awful this year. Obviously we need to win and win a lot down the stretch, but we have been playing a lot better as of late. Maybe?
It's not totally insane. We would almost certainly need to win the ACCT to get into the tourney, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get a double-bye.

1674332949461.gif

Mathematically it’s possible, but with the make up of this team, coaching decisions and the fact they do not have a big win all season I would say chances are super slim.

We might be ready to beat a good team. I don't think the squad that went up against St Johns or Illinois would have beaten anyone good but we'll see next few games.

8-3 and a win or two in the ACCT probably gets us in.

0-3 is pretty likely though next 3 games. 2-1 and NCAA tournament talk becomes real.

2 seed in the ACCT is pretty much up for grabs and might be a team that isn't a lock to get an at large.

Was watching a program on ACCN last week and the hosts thought the ACC might have 7-8 or so teams in the tournament. I was surprised - I was thinking more like 5. Cuse wasn’t mentioned as one of the teams, but if that many ACC teams can get in, we have a shot because this team can go on a big run here.

Was watching a program on ACCN last week and the hosts thought the ACC might have 7-8 or so teams in the tournament. I was surprised - I was thinking more like 5. Cuse wasn’t mentioned as one of the teams, but if that many ACC teams can get in, we have a shot because this team can go on a big run here.

That Pitt loss kills. FSU just beat them at Pitt.

Amongst needed wins and lots of them we simply can't lose to FSU

I’d say with the depth we have this year, it’s one of our best chances.

winning back to back to back games with 6 guys is impossible
Appreciate optimism but it’s also important to be realistic…Sound familiar?

Guess you all of a sudden have become an optimist versus a realist. Welcome to the other side.

That Pitt loss kills. FSU just beat them at Pitt.

Amongst needed wins and lots of them we simply can't lose to FSU
We would need to cruise through the remainder of the schedule. I usually hold onto hope too long, but I really don’t see why they couldn’t do it.

Appreciate optimism but it’s also important to be realistic…Sound familiar?

Guess you all of a sudden have become an optimist versus a realist. Welcome to the other side.
Suggesting that having depth to win the acc tourney is a good thing is def the exact same as having us go 7-0 on the road.

by the way, we lost to Miami, so you were wrong

We would be the worst Power 6 team to ever win, but I don’t think it’s nuts. The conference is awful this year. Obviously we need to win and win a lot down the stretch, but we have been playing a lot better as of late. Maybe?
Except Virginia is not awful, they are pretty good. That being said we can finish 2nd behind Virginia. The rest of ACC are awful as you said.

• Dislike
Reactions: gbo
Mathematically it’s possible, but with the make up of this team, coaching decisions and the fact they do not have a big win all season I would say chances are super slim.
Mathematically? Your good at math I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom