Is it just me, or did this past weekend's PSU coverage... | Syracusefan.com

Is it just me, or did this past weekend's PSU coverage...

It's not you and I agree that it was truely sickening. Those peeps have learned nothing, nada, zip.

It's not you and I agree that it was truely sickening. Those peeps have learned nothing, nada, zip.

But even worse than that, the media seemed intent on perpetuating it.
Don't cover them. I expected little coverage for PSU. Instead what I saw was segment after segment about how they have come together, and how great and important PSU football is. Wasn't this attitude part of the problem? Holy cow.

The media doesn't surprise me at all. Anything for a story. It was the continued insane deification of the FB program at that school. I'm hoping the inevitable downward slide over the next 5 years for Ped State acts as a natural brake on that.

It does not matter. The Kool-Aid just ran out. PedState is toast for the next decade. We won't be talking about them next year - nobody will.

It has been ever since the sanctions were handed down. But, they lost to Ohio. Will be fun to watch them in the Big 10.

It wasnt just you. Amazing how ESPN flipped the script on the situation to fit their own needs. Spent months there taking the program down (in very serious voices), then they go and send Schwarz there to cover the game (and have happy voices about how great the program is). I thought I was in another world.

10,000 empty seats for the home-opener. It'll be double that for Navy on 9/15, because they'll get handled by UVA. They lose to Navy, and the wheels will come off completely.

I thought one of the oddest tidbits to hear this weekend was that Matt McGloin was named a captain. I seem to recall him having a few well-publicized run-ins with Johnny Law. Not a choice I would have approved as a Head Coach. O'Brien surprised me on that one. They seem really committed to a kid who hasn't proven capable of leading or stuffing the stat sheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom