Is it me or does BMK have the worst hands ever | Syracusefan.com

Is it me or does BMK have the worst hands ever

Gormanite4L

Walk On
I don't think i have ever seen a player that just seems like he has never touched a basketball in his life. Everytime he touches the ball he fumbles it or just plain misses it. Has anyone ever checked if he needs glasses maybe it's his hand eye coordination.

I don't think i have ever seen a player that just seems like he has never touched a basketball in his life. Everytime he touches the ball he fumbles it or just plain misses it. Has anyone ever checked if he needs glasses maybe it's his hand eye coordination.

I would have to agree. I love Keita's hustle and heart but it is like he has greased palms.

agree, he is so frustrating to watch him sometimes...

I disagree

Attachments

• Terrance Roberts.jpg
    Terrance Roberts.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 71

Baye had 4 rebounds, 4 points, 3 blocks, a steal and only 1 turnover. He did important things for us today.

Baye had 4 rebounds, 4 points, 3 blocks, a steal and only 1 turnover. He did important things for us today.

I agree he played today like he did last season before the hand injury.

It is between Baye and McNeil. I wanted to punch both in the neck

It was his best game of the year, but he does have small hands (like McNeil). He did a better job cupping his rebounds with his forearms today, but he's always going to struggle to catch the ball cleanly.

No complaints about Baye's play today, though. Without the bonus points from his cut-and-dunk and put-back, we don't win.

Is this something that can be improved? Can someone with experience answer?

Is this something that can be improved? Can someone with experience answer?

Sounds ridiculous but my father coached a tackle who ended up being a college tight end. He improved his catching by learning to juggle. I have heard other cases of this working also.

Weak hands/fingers are very easy to fix. All it takes is a couple of raquet balls & about 20-30 minutes a day squeezing them. If he did that, there would be a noticeable difference in less than 2 weeks.

Not making excuses for Baye, but I believe the wrist is still bothering him to some extent. Hard to catch some of the passes and hold onto rebounds while getting hacked when you have wrist issues.

I'd say it was a tie between Baye and Mookie Watkins when he played with a club on his hand!

He definitely has the worst hands of any SU player ever and it's not even close IMO. But today, he made a few plays that he suaully doesn't make because of his hands. I actually felt he was one of the reasons we won today.

He makes Terrence Roberts look like Jerry Rice and Jeremy Mcniel look like Marvin Harrison. He has by a country mile the worst hands ever. However, it doesn't mean he can't contribute in other ways, which he did today, but hasn't been doing.

I think it's a matter that he gets overamped and his engine is running about 30,000 rpms. Consequently, he jumps too soon for rebounds, his coordination resembles Don Knotts on the old Steve Allen Show so he plays like an anxiety sufferer in a nitrogylcerene factory, and consequently he tends to field passes and rebounds with his face and chest. When he cuts back the gain on his motor--or gets relaxed or somewhat fatigued--he plays better. Maybe deep breathing and meditation before games might help more than squeezing raquet balls. He can save the squeezing of balls for the rough play under the basket. IMHO.

His hands were not bad last year before his injury.

I think it's a matter that he gets overamped and his engine is running about 30,000 rpms. Consequently, he jumps too soon for rebounds, his coordination resembles Don Knotts on the old Steve Allen Show so he plays like an anxiety sufferer in a nitrogylcerene factory, and consequently he tends to field passes and rebounds with his face and chest. When he cuts back the gain on his motor--or gets relaxed or somewhat fatigued--he plays better. Maybe deep breathing and meditation before games might help more than squeezing raquet balls. He can save the squeezing of balls for the rough play under the basket. IMHO.

You think it's because he goes too hard? Maybe, I just assumed it was the style of play he needed to compete with while lacking strength against Big East competition.

There are many players that could use deep breathing or meditation before games, but not all of them fumble the ball like Keita. I'm sure there are players around the NBA that have small hands and can catch the ball with ease. Does anybody actually know if Baye has small hands or are we just assuming? This needs to be taken care of, it seems almost fundamental.

You apparently we not around for Jeremy McNiel or Darryl Watkins.

you're having a memory lapse- it happens.
Maybe. I remember everyone saying what a huge surprise he was with the quality of his play. Especially with the disappointing play of Fab last year. Nobody complained about his hands. Later in the year, he hurt his wrist, and he has not been quite the same since.

I don't know- I haven't seen your hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom