Is it next season yet? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is it next season yet?

you're kind of a dumb@ss, aren't you?
all youve done is hurl insults.

enlighten me as to why im a dumbass and why you think you get to marrone on this team just because you normally pump useless sunshine during otherwise epic win seasons??

im waiting for an apology to the team and to myself...

I'm SHOCKED...SHOCKED, I tell ya' that a young inexperienced team is struggling...in January...w/ a frosh at PG...and one senior...etc etc.
Some of the over-inflated hyperbole about this team is baffling.
Somehow, we've "lucked and bumbled" ourselves to a pretty decent overall record.
I guess things were better when we were 25-0 last year...only to spit the bit in March...y'know, when it ultimately counted?
But lets call it a season in January...what's the point of it all, anyway?:rolleyes:

all youve done is hurl insults.

enlighten me as to why im a dumbass and why you think you get to marrone on this team just because you normally pump useless sunshine during otherwise epic win seasons??

im waiting for an apology to the team and to myself...
says the dumb@ss that came into this thread hurling insults at me :blah:

I'm SHOCKED...SHOCKED, I tell ya' that a young inexperienced team is struggling...in January...w/ a frosh at PG...and one senior...etc etc.
Some of the over-inflated hyperbole about this team is baffling.
Somehow, we've "lucked and bumbled" ourselves to a pretty decent overall record.
I guess things were better when we were 25-0 last year...only to spit the bit in March...y'know, when it ultimately counted?
But lets call it a season in January...what's the point of it all, anyway?:rolleyes:
just venting!

I'm pretty much done with this year's team. Probably the most frustrating and unenjoyable Syracuse team I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching.
Oh Lord

OK, this is a bubble team but it's not like they are 1-5 in the ACC. Lunardi has them among the last 4 in; Palm has them in the last 4 out. That is a team that clearly still has a fighting chance to do something. And its a young team with lots of room to grow. KJ has looked better in the last 60 minutes than he did in the first 4 1/2 conference games, that's encouraging. Chino showed clear improvement.

1/3 of the way through the conference season is not the time to give up on a 5-1 squad. At least see what happens in the next two games.

Sweep is a Buy
Split is a Hold
Lose both and you can sell

Exactly. Twenty wins would be a remarkable season.

Agreed with everything being said here. The team is made up of a bunch of role players and a guy who has transformed himself into a stud post player.

Cooney is a good player but he can't be a primary or secondary type of offensive player consistently, imo. A good athlete is going to make life really difficult for him. Cooney is an ideal 3rd option on a very good team. On this team when the rest of the players just aren't that good it will be tough sledding for him facing better teams I think. We just can't afford to have Rak get into foul trouble.

We won but sometimes it seems like the team is regressing from a basketball IQ standpoint. Some of the stuff I'm seeing occasionally is so baffling and unbelievable. I mean it is almost February.

I'm pretty much done with this year's team. Probably the most frustrating and unenjoyable Syracuse team I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching.
Oh Lord

Damn you've been making a living crushing anybody who hasn't been barfing sunshine in here for weeks and now this?? What?

For Boehiem to have this team at 14-5 is his best coaching job in years...

I think that is a bit of a leap. This teams record is directly as a result of the quantum leap of rak xmas. how much of that is due to coach vs assitants vs rak himself is not something we will ever know.

I've been editing my natural scepticism much better this year. I guess overcoming a personal challenge helps bring some perspective. That said, we need to find a post presence next year. A back-to-the-basket scorer. Maybe Diagne could be that guy. Maybe TB, if he wears Orange and Silver.

Negative (that's not really the right word, I just think you're more of an "expect the worst hope for the best" kind of guy) is your natural go-to response. You've become one of my favorite posters on this board even when you're going crazy in the chat room that no one is talking about the game and we're only up 8 and OH MY GOD WE ARE GOING TO LOSE.

But seriously, the guys on this team: KJ, Roberson and Buss are a year away. Cooney is a hard worker and he'll improve. G is showing flashes of being a possible All-ACC player and I think he will step up to star status. Cooney will be Cooney and will be good for 12 a game. I'm optimistic that Coleman will be our inside threat. We will see what McC does. At least 2 of the freshmen will contribute. Not going to write off this team just yet, but I'm psyched for next year.

NKR, Coleman has never shown he gets how to play; he plays small. He takes the ball down every time and has obviously developed bad habits. If we don't get Bryant, the center position will be a huge concern. I expect more from Diagne than DC2 regardless of DaJuan's health.

Since day 1, I've been adamant at expressing that Coleman is undersized for the position he plays. He doesn't play above the rim, and his athleticism isn't off the charts. He gets blocked a lot and brings the ball down because he needs to try to create space. When you're concerned about getting blocked, you'll often shoot too hard because you expect to fight through hand to ball contact.

He will need to use ball fakes and footwork to score. He won't dunk on people.

Since he got here I've been saying this. He needs to model his game off of zach Randolph- guy with great instinct who uses his body to create shots.

NKR, Coleman has never shown he gets how to play; he plays small. He takes the ball down every time and has obviously developed bad habits. If we don't get Bryant, the center position will be a huge concern. I expect more from Diagne than DC2 regardless of DaJuan's health.

By the time next season starts it will have been 22 months since we last saw him play. 22 months is a long time. You might be right, but I'm optimistic that you're wrong.

I hope he can stay healthy, and the weight loss will certainly help with mobility and, you'd imagine, vertical leap. I still think he can be a contributor, even if it's just for rebounds and banging in the paint.

This post would have made more sense after Clemson, which was just a horrific loss. Tonight they did what they had to do and if not for the free throw shooting this game's a laugher throughout despite Christmas' foul trouble, which was BS. Nos. 3 and 4 were really, really late calls that were seemingly made just to stick it to Rak for showing the refs up. Otherwise we had good balance, we worked our advantage in the paint as we should have, limited the number of 3s we took, Gbinije was assertive (which is always welcome). I came out of this game more hopeful. If Gbinije understands what kind of talent he has and puts this team on his back, we're going to the tourney.

The fouls on Rak were all legit. No issue w any of them. He pisses off the refs by whining after every single shot he takes. If he was on a different team, we would be all over him for this.
Since he is our lone stud though, we embrace it and make excuses for him.

Just play Rak.

Really wish this team had closed out those games against Michigan and Nova. Two road wins on the resume would have people feeling a lot better. As Boeheim said, someone other than the Big 3 needs to step up, and it doesn't have to be a giant leap, for this team to be able to win games.

I think that is a bit of a leap. This teams record is directly as a result of the quantum leap of rak xmas. how much of that is due to coach vs assitants vs rak himself is not something we will ever know.

also a result of the most back loaded schedule SU has ever seen. That power house Clemson team got easily defeated at home its very next game by crappy Fla State.

Just play Rak.

I agree - I love absolutely everything about Rak except that goofy bewildered facial expression he makes every time he gets called for a foul.

I completely understand the frustration especially with the late game situations as its cost us a win @Nova, a chance to win @Mich and almost caused a couple losses.

That said IMO you will enjoy next season more after sitting through this learning season for our young guys. Plus we still get to enjoy Rak's great senior season as well as Mike blooming into an excellent all around player. Cooney love him or hate him has improved every season thus far. Tyler is a contributor on the glass and defensively (other than those early corner 3's! yikes). Kaleb had 7 assists to 1 turnover last night and is probably the only guy other than Rak that looks like he wants to shoot FT's in the closing minutes. He was much more aggressive which he needs to be, yes that brought on mistakes but he's inching forward and I still say he's going to be pretty good by seasons end. Buss plays very hard.

Still lots of reasons to watch and enjoy.

The fouls on Rak were all legit. No issue w any of them. He pisses off the refs by whining after every single shot he takes. If he was on a different team, we would be all over him for this.
Since he is our lone stud though, we embrace it and make excuses for him.

Just play Rak.

I did think Rak got out of hand with the complaining last night to the point that it probably really annoyed the refs. The article on syracuse.com quoted him as saying the captains were the only ones allowed to talk to the refs. But even in that role, I think he needs to pick his spots. Len Elmore commented about it and trust me, I hate to agree with Len but I think he had a point in this case.

says the dumb@ss that came into this thread hurling insults at me :blah:
still waiting for my apology.

and while youre at it, go find where i hurled insults at you.

unless you feel that calling you a quiter is an insult.

appears to me that i hit home. you know youre wrong and shouldve backed out, but you didnt.

and to top it off, all youve done is hurl insults.

i suppose its my fault. i came here after a win thinking it would be all daisys and daffodils while marveling that JB put chino in...instead its just piss, vinegar and marroners.

still waiting for my apology.

and while youre at it, go find where i hurled insults at you.

unless you feel that calling you a quiter is an insult.

appears to me that i hit home. you know youre wrong and shouldve backed out, but you didnt.

and to top it off, all youve done is hurl insults.

i suppose its my fault. i came here after a win thinking it would be all daisys and daffodils while marveling that JB put chino in...instead its just piss, vinegar and marroners.
:blah:

I completely understand the frustration especially with the late game situations as its cost us a win @Nova, a chance to win @Mich and almost caused a couple losses.

That said IMO you will enjoy next season more after sitting through this learning season for our young guys. Plus we still get to enjoy Rak's great senior season as well as Mike blooming into an excellent all around player. Cooney love him or hate him has improved every season thus far. Tyler is a contributor on the glass and defensively (other than those early corner 3's! yikes). Kaleb had 7 assists to 1 turnover last night and is probably the only guy other than Rak that looks like he wants to shoot FT's in the closing minutes. He was much more aggressive which he needs to be, yes that brought on mistakes but he's inching forward and I still say he's going to be pretty good by seasons end. Buss plays very hard.

Still lots of reasons to watch and enjoy.
Great points, as always, jordoo.
Something about last night's game, despite it being a win and despite some good things happening in it, just put me in a foul mood. So I made the mistake of coming on here and letting loose about it. In retrospect, bad move on my part.

I absolutely will continue to tirelessly root for, cheer for, scream for, break household items for the SU basketball team. As I have done for the past 30 years. Every year. 1997, 2002, 2008, etc. I know that I have been one of the very few positive posters during the "darkest" of times around here, despite what some might try to say now. Whatevs.

LGO!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom