Is it next season yet? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it next season yet?

Smoke and mirrors.

Amazing they've won 14 games considering all their warts.
Just like last year's 25-0. Smoke and mirrors. Perception is everything. Last year's team could have just as easily been 14-5. I agree with you cuseguy, just pointing things out to all those so frustrated.

Anyone who is down on this team should remember that this team should have had Ennis, Grant, McCullough and DC2. Any win is a good win at this point.

Exactly. All 4 of those going against us is just unfathomable.

Sure, it was always a possibility that DC2 would not play. That one's not a shocker.

And yes, injuries (even season-ending ones) do happen, so while it's extremely unfortunate that we lost McCullough (our highest rated recruit in quite some time) mid-way through the season, it's not unheard of.

BUT, what really blows my mind is losing BOTH Ennis & Grant to the NBA after seasons that were just "good," not necessarily "great" (at least, in Grant's case). Having both of those players decide to leave - when, prior to the season I would have estimated the likelihood of this occurring as literally being 1-5% chance - and this is, IMO, what is pretty difficult for any program to overcome, even SU.

And the odds that all 4 of these things happen to one team? Pft...

Come on Pearl, I count on you to be a source of optimism.

This team has all of 8 scholarship players available to them. (For reference, BC played 9 guys today - they played more guys than SU has scholarship players!!)

And also, I mentioned this earlier, but in terms of RPI, Boston College actually had better wins than us:

BC: win vs Providence (RPI 22), win vs Harvard (RPI 61)
SU: win vs Iowa (RPI 44), win vs Long Beach St (RPI 69)

So, Boston College has beaten a few decent teams this year.

So yes, nobody would blame you if you wanted to look forward to next year already (because next year's team is going to be LOADED)...BUT, I'm enjoying how this year's team is still scrapping out there. Still fighting. They know they are flawed, they know they cannot count on getting really any meaningful contributions from the bench (the starters scored all but 2 points today!!!!)...and yet, here they are, 14 wins, 5 losses, second place in ACC. IMO, how they are playing right now is all one can realistically ask of them at this point, considering what has happened to the roster since end of last season.

And just think of the payoff this experience for the young guys like Roberson, Joseph, etc will result in for next season...it's like investing in the long-term potential of this program - I'm prob most excited about that fact.
Still fighting, baby! Frustrating to watch at times, but when they are on, they look great. Not giving up.

Why are so many of you, like Henny & Coke, so positive about next year's team? Can we count on freshme making an immediate impact? Can we count on DaJuan? Do we know Bryant is coming? We are losing our number one option and bringing back the underwhelming sophs. G and TC are what they are, with their plusses and minuses.

So explain why we are going to be much better next year?

Go read some of my past posts, champ. I'm one of the bigger "sunshine pumpers" up in this place.
Clearly, only because you thought the Orange were infallible.

and once that was not the case...

Marrone-city for you.

So sad...

I'm pretty much done with this year's team. Probably the most frustrating and unenjoyable Syracuse team I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching.
Oh Lord
So by "done" you mean you'll continue to watch every game, cheer the team on and change nothing at all?

Look, they're not very good and they're likely banned from the post season...but you can't Marrone on these kids just because you feel entitled to 30 win seasons.

Go bitch and cry elsewhere...
Sorry some people are being so negative. On to a topic you like: Do you know what channel Saturday's game is on? :cool:

Why are so many of you, like Henny & Coke, so positive about next year's team? Can we count on freshman making an immediate impact? Can we count on DaJuan? do we know Bryant is coming? We are losing our number one option and bringing back the underwhelming sophs. G and TC are what they are, with their plusses and minuses.

So explain why we are going to be much better next year?

We can go 9-10 deep next year!

Kaiser, Pearl is one the top 5 optimists on this board who is very pro-SU in a rational manner.

This team is hard to watch we only have 8 healthy bodies, 2 schollys on injured players, 1 scholly for a walkon from Monmouth, and 2 schollys not used.
It is just a hard team to watch. Thankfully we have a HOF coach who has a defense that is winning us some games. It is hard to watch us play and see a well played game. That Wake game was awesome it was well played and up/down style. I wish we see more of those games even if we lose a couple.

Sure thing, champ
Listen sporto, you're the pathetic marroner crying for his baba.

We look forward to the next 30 win season when you can 'pump sunshine' for us, because we will all be so distraught after the 3 or 4 losses that year, how could we ever continue on without those posts.

I'm pretty much done with this year's team. Probably the most frustrating and unenjoyable Syracuse team I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching.
Oh Lord

See you next year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom