Is it next season yet? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is it next season yet?

Great points, as always, jordoo.
Something about last night's game, despite it being a win and despite some good things happening in it, just put me in a foul mood. So I made the mistake of coming on here and letting loose about it. In retrospect, bad move on my part.

I absolutely will continue to tirelessly root for, cheer for, scream for, break household items for the SU basketball team. As I have done for the past 30 years. Every year. 1997, 2002, 2008, etc. I know that I have been one of the very few positive posters during the "darkest" of times around here, despite what some might try to say now. Whatevs.

LGO!!!!!
Everybody needs a little time away... I heard her say.

i think what is wearing on us fans, or at least me, is the number of close games the past two years. im sick of having near-heart attacks every game. a blowout win would be nice.

pearl31 Just wanted you to know you're one of my favorite posters. Everyone is allowed a meltdown every once in awhile. I had one myself at the end of the game yesterday when we were trying to give it away. I kept it off the board but I know where you were coming from.

Last edited:
pearl31 Just wanted you to know you're one of my favorite posters. Everyone is allowed a meltdown every once in awhile. I had one myself at the end of the game yesterday when we trying to give it away. I kept it off the board but I know where you were coming from.
thanks MS :)

Great points, as always, jordoo.
Something about last night's game, despite it being a win and despite some good things happening in it, just put me in a foul mood. So I made the mistake of coming on here and letting loose about it. In retrospect, bad move on my part.

I absolutely will continue to tirelessly root for, cheer for, scream for, break household items for the SU basketball team. As I have done for the past 30 years. Every year. 1997, 2002, 2008, etc. I know that I have been one of the very few positive posters during the "darkest" of times around here, despite what some might try to say now. Whatevs.

LGO!!!!!
SU sports, win or lose, is a bright spot in many lives including mine. I've enjoyed your outlook and hope you get feeling better about where we are. Being able to participate as a fan is a great luxury and we've been fortunate to cheer for a program that has had great success, especially under JB. I trend to the optimistic side as it's a lot more fun and I'd just as soon not replay the tough games too many times in my head. It's been almost 30 years since we lost to Indiana on Smart's shot, but I've never been able to shake that horrible memory. This season may not be as successful as most have been, but every group of kids does something good and this group will make us smile a lot before they're done. The best programs in CBB history have gone through tough periods and JB has treated us to a long run of winning seasons, though this season may be more "challenging" than most. Survival is under-rated.

SU sports, win or lose, is a bright spot in many lives including mine. I've enjoyed your outlook and hope you get feeling better about where we are. Being able to participate as a fan is a great luxury and we've been fortunate to cheer for a program that has had great success, especially under JB. I trend to the optimistic side as it's a lot more fun and I'd just as soon not replay the tough games too many times in my head. It's been almost 30 years since we lost to Indiana on Smart's shot, but I've never been able to shake that horrible memory. This season may not be as successful as most have been, but every group of kids does something good and this group will make us smile a lot before they're done. The best programs in CBB history have gone through tough periods and JB has treated us to a long run of winning seasons, though this season may be more "challenging" than most. Survival is under-rated.
Great post!

I'm just afraid we might lose tee before this nightmare is over.
Probably ain't gonna happen, my bro - might hiatus from time to time, but I aims to please and
tumblr_mokaclOYeR1qmc8cfo10_500.gif

I still look forward to every game. i think I came to the realization what this teams chances are awhile ago. I'm hopeful they can shock some people, but don't expect much. I used to be a lunatic watching games, this year I havn't gotten upset one time. The last two minutes of the game yesterday I had a pretty good chuckle. It was just kind of comical how players were missing free throws, turning the ball over, letting BC score so quickly. If you are going to live and die on every play this year you are definitely going to need to purchase a home defibrillator.

I'm also trying to look at some of the positives over the negatives for players. Guess its a rebuilding year for me to and how I act during games.

Great post!
So many of you guys are real experts & analysts of the game. It's a pleasure to share this space with you folks. I just like to marvel at great performances and hope for another championship run sometime soon. Rak's season gives me a lot of pleasure along with good things demonstrated to some level of consistency by MG, TC, KJ, & Roberson. JB will be challenged this year so it's kind of interesting watching how he performs as well, on and off the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom