Is it Time... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it Time...

I don't remember reading too many posts praising JB when he "outcoached" Pitino, Wright, or Brey earlier in the season, or when he "outcoached" the entire BE last year.

When SU wins, it's all because of the players. When SU loses, it's all on Boeheim. :crazy:

I don't remember reading too many posts praising JB when he "outcoached" Pitino, Wright, or Brey earlier in the season, or when he "outcoached" the entire BE last year.

When SU wins, it's all because of the players. When SU loses, it's all on Boeheim. :crazy:
Good because I thought it was
Good because I thought it was
Well, c'mon, there's definitely someone over your shoulder -- but he appears harmless.

The game has certainly not passed JB bye and I want him here as long as possible but hes not helping his case to the fanbase when he blames everything under the sun besides coaching and the players for the losses piling up. The rant today about the schedule and the BE was a bit ridiculous.

The game has certainly not passed JB bye and I want him here as long as possible but hes not helping his case to the fanbase when he blames everything under the sun besides coaching and the players for the losses piling up. The rant today about the schedule and the BE was a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, you want to complain about the schedule, complain when the Big East follows up a Saturday night road game with a weirdo 3:30 tip on Monday afternoon, as they did to us earlier this year. (Of course, we won both of those games.)

But now's not the time. And complaining about playing good teams is insane, especially when you're known as the guy who won't play tough teams out of conference.

Complain about the refs, complain about the state of college basketball, fine. Even that would be reasonable. But not the schedule.

Yeah, you want to complain about the schedule, complain when the Big East follows up a Saturday night road game with a weirdo 3:30 tip on Monday afternoon, as they did to us earlier this year. (Of course, we won both of those games.)

But now's not the time. And complaining about playing good teams is insane, especially when you're known as the guy who won't play tough teams out of conference.

Complain about the refs, complain about the state of college basketball, fine. Even that would be reasonable. But not the schedule.

Bingo, it looks foolish especially when you consider that in the preseason neither Nova or Providence was considered to be in the upper half of the BE conference and Gtown was twice because of this being the last year of the rivalry. Just woudl be nice to see JB come out and say the loss was on him for XYZ, instead of the same old coachspeak and saying we need to improve ABC like its the third game against Colgate.

Yeah, so many coaches blame themselves or the players when the team loses. :noidea:

Does JB know these kids get tired? Or does that not matter?
Marsh already did it for you, but add up the timeouts, called and TV, plus the halftime and tell me how much more a player needs.

Marsh already did it for you, but add up the timeouts, called and TV, plus the halftime and tell me how much more a player needs.

As many as their opponents get.

Just to play devil's advocate, if this is a poor shooting team, why is JB running an offense that relies on guys chucking up so many threes?

because we dont have anyone in the post that can constantly score

I don't think he should be forced to resign or anything close to that, but knowing that the end is near I really could care less if he leaves. We will have to make the adjustment sooner or later, and I don't see a final four in our near future, so I'm not averse to getting started with the transition. Doesn't mean he hasn't done a great job here. Just a recognition that nothing lasts forever.
Don't get me wrong Jb is a really good coach and as done a hell of a lot for this program which is exactly why he will always be able to go out when he wants, but there is also a lot of things he could do better

for Boeheim to retire? Always arguing with media and now being out coached more than ever. That one bad half comment is a classic...

Don't have a good feeling about hoops on the hill recently.
JB should stay as long as he is enjoying it. These losses are a consequence of a murderous back-end loaded schedule. Its still a decent team with a good shot at winning a few NCAA tourney rounds.

because we dont have anyone in the post that can constantly score
So that means we need to stand around chucking threes? I don't buy that one bit. We have guys who can score around the basket. And furthermore, a good offense shouldn't rely on an either/or situation where you either score inside or you stand around chucking threes. Our players are best suited for the midrange game, by and large, yet they stand around the perimeter jacking up bad three pointers.

So that means we need to stand around chucking threes? I don't buy that one bit. We have guys who can score around the basket. And furthermore, a good offense shouldn't rely on an either/or situation where you either score inside or you stand around chucking threes. Our players are best suited for the midrange game, by and large, yet they stand around the perimeter jacking up bad three pointers.

You mean the three guys at the three point line mindlessly passing the ball around the horn for 5-10 seconds doesn't do it for you? And when Brandon or MCW get in the lane they either make the shot, pass, get fouled, or miss but give their teammates some semblance of a chance at a rebound? Why would you want them to get in the lane when they are shooting below 30% from 3? It was driving me nuts to see that our entire offensive set is based from the three point to the free throw line. We use only half of the offensive side of the court.

You mean the three guys at the three point line mindlessly passing the ball around the horn for 5-10 seconds doesn't do it for you? And when Brandon or MCW get in the lane they either make the shot, pass, get fouled, or miss but give their teammates some semblance of a chance at a rebound? Why would you want them to get in the lane when they are shooting below 30% from 3? It was driving me nuts to see that our entire offensive set is based from the three point to the free throw line. We use only half of the offensive side of the court.
Agreed. And we don't even need to have someone who can consistently score in the post. You just need to feed it in there and at least have it be a threat, but more importantly, have a guy down there who can pass out of the post. You're going to get better looks at jumpers on kickouts than you are from just swinging it around the perimeter.

Agreed. And we don't even need to have someone who can consistently score in the post. You just need to feed it in there and at least have it be a threat, but more importantly, have a guy down there who can pass out of the post. You're going to get better looks at jumpers on kickouts than you are from just swinging it around the perimeter.

I'm convinced feeding the post is something that has never been practiced at SU. Obviously that's not true, but its never been a strength or a feature of any SU team. Now, the meaningless roll after the ball screen...that's a staple.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom