Is Syracuse a legit #2? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Syracuse a legit #2?

Arizona looks like they're really good, but until proven otherwise I refuse to have any respect for a west coast team. Still, as of now I believe they deserve their ranking. They do play a exciting brand of basketball and I rooted for them in 97 and again in 01. It's good to see them back after so,e down years, but the PAC 12 has been hot garbage for the last 5 years so its hard to gauge them.

And that thread is fairly complimentary toward us. Would never criticize a fan base for not bowing down to us because we certainly don't now to anyone, nor should we.

Zona needs to worry about Colorado Thursday night not us.

Last I checked they have a good win at SDSU and struggled to beat fringe top 25 duke, ucla, and michigan whose team names are more impressive then this years teams.

Based on resume, I'd say Cuse aren't a legit #2 because they are the legit #1.
Colorado lost their by far best player for the season, as well as one of their other best key players for the season. As well as 2 of their last 3 games since those players went down. Them and Oregon have begun imploding.

My favorite is one guy who keeps saying we have played only one top 25 team all year. Haven't we beaten three with Baylor, Nova, and Pitt?
Shows how good the math department at AZ is.

Another point I wanna make. I noticed today we have beaten 25% of the country's top 20 SOS. :) 5 of the top 20 for those that can't figure it out lol. We have played some battle tested teams.

Arizona looks like they're really good, but until proven otherwise I refuse to have any respect for a west coast team. Still, as of now I believe they deserve their ranking. They do play a exciting brand of basketball and I rooted for them in 97 and again in 01. It's good to see them back after so,e down years, but the PAC 12 has been hot garbage for the last 5 years so its hard to gauge them.

And that thread is fairly complimentary toward us. Would never criticize a fan base for not bowing down to us because we certainly don't now to anyone, nor should we.

Arizona looks really good, and frankly, in the recent games I've spot-checked, they look like they are playing better than us. Like they have more firepower and balance. We've looked bad against a lot teams since Indiana, scoring in the 50s, etc. That said, we've played a strong schedule, and have prevailed in tourney-like games. I don't think all of our players are playing up to their potential. We have plenty of upside. I want to see Fair play like an AA, like one of the 5 best players in the country, bar none, and not a pre-season AA. He is struggling in John Wallace mode. He just needs to get back to being Josh Pace or Lawrence Moten. Let the game come to him. Be the silent assassin. And let's see a turnover free game for once.

I want Christmas' game from yesterday to be the norm. I want DC back. I also want more Gbinje. I love his energy. Cooney, Ennis, and Grant are over-achieving. You cannot expect too much more from them, except you know that Grant is going to bring even more.

I love that we're not #1, and have the best argument to be #1. Let's be #2 into April, and #1 come May.

How dare they speak this ill of the Cuse??

Freestyle time...

Yo yo yo...Check it.
These punks from zona talking smack,
they better pull back before they get cracked,
right in the jaw,
of an upper cut south paw,
I spit the illest form so raw,
Does zona want to see us??
NAWWW!!!
This freestyle is me speaking the illest truth,
like colin farrell stuck in a PHONEBOOTH,
they wanna mention who we beat?
Pitt, Baylor, Cal, Minny, Nova,
catch me in the range...rova,
this beat is off the hook,
find this in the rap game legends book,
Zona needs to keep the talking off,
keep the facts to the the court and when we meet,
when its all said and done, you'll be handed defeat,
We shut it down,
Hand CUSE the CROWN!

CUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tee1222 Cuseregular Flacusian "Got raps?"

Last edited:
Arizona: welcome back to being somewhat relevant. Let's see if you can stay around at that level for a while. I honestly can't remember the last time they made a run in the NCAA's.
Stay around for awhile?

Arizona: welcome back to being somewhat relevant. Let's see if you can stay around at that level for a while. I honestly can't remember the last time they made a run in the NCAA's.

Which is a big advantage for cuse.

The media is under valuing Cuse because we are winning low scoring games and beating teams most of the time by single digit margins. The media responds to blowouts by big margins as the signal that a team is a powerhouse. That's nonsense but it is what it is. Just keep winning.

The KenSagarinPom computers media is are under valuing Cuse because we are winning low scoring games and beating teams most of the time by single digit margins. These inherently flawed computers media respond to blowouts by big margins as the signal that a team is a powerhouse. That's nonsense but it is what it is. Just keep winning.
:)

Its not like their coach knows whats its like to make a deep run in the tourney- he did got to pitt

The grammar mistake makes the point even better

We should be happy the target is on their back much more than ours. I'd be very happy to have them stay #1 and us #2 until about midnight on Apr 7.

I think AZ Cuse, myself, Cactus and Cuse fan in AZ need to take a little road trip down to Tucson and get some front row seats, and wear our SU Orange tshirts, and annoy the heck out of them for a game.
Sit there the whole game yelling "We're # 1!!"

I honestly don't think there is a clear #1 team right now. Based on record and resume, Cuse could easily be #1 and in my opinion should be #1. I saw Zona play a couple of times and one was when they SHOULD have lost to UM after trailing nearly the entire game. Had Michigan not blown that game, we would be #1 for sure. At the same time, I would say there are probably around 10 teams that could easily end up in the FF and win it all. There is no UK from 2012 this season, where the talent gap is incredibly big. Cuse, MSU, Zona, Kansas, Duke or even a team sputtering somewhat right now like Ville could get it together and make a big run. I think if there is one team most undeserving of their ranking right now, it would have to be Wichita State. They have not played a single ranked team yet and won't for the entire season! As far as Baylor as a good win, I hate to break it to you guys but I think this is going to be another disastrous, underachieving year for Scott Drew...we have seen this story play out one too many times and a good number of Baylor fans are really starting to question Drew as the right coach going forward.

I have FF tickets again this year. I would like nothing more than Cuse to be back in it and win the whole thing this year!

Last edited:
I honestly don't think there is a clear #1 team right now. Based on record and resume, Cuse could easily be #1 and in my opinion should be #1. I saw Zona play a couple of times and one was when they SHOULD have lost to UM after trailing nearly the entire game. Had Michigan not blown that game, we would be #1 for sure. At the same time, I would say there are probably around 10 teams that could easily end up in the FF and win it all. There is no UK from 2012 this season, where the talent gap is incredibly big. Cuse, MSU, Zona, Kansas, Duke or even a team sputtering somewhat right now like Ville could get it together and make a big run. I think if there is one team most undeserving of their ranking right now, it would have to be Wichita State. They have not played a single ranked team yet and won't for the entire season! As far as Baylor as a good win, I hate to break it to you guys but I think this is going to be another disastrous, underachieving year for Scott Drew...we have seen this story play out one too many times and a good number of Baylor fans are really starting to question Drew as the right coach going forward.

I have FF tickets again this year. I would like nothing more than Cuse to be back in it and win the whole thing this year!
Baylor just got off to a bad start vs a very difficult row of B12 teams. They will be fine.

STOP THE PRESSES!
Opposing fans said something stupid and disrespectful about our team! That’s never happened before.

I still don't understand why all Zona fans think Duke's homecourt is MSG. On every ESPN article and most posts I see they say they beat Duke on the road over and over and over. They realize MSG is in New York right?

I remember back in '06 or '07 Arizona playing against Louisville in the garden following SU playing Oklahoma State and there being a ton of Arizona fans. I'm sure they had a lot there against Duke..

I think AZ Cuse, myself, Cactus and Cuse fan in AZ need to take a little road trip down to Tucson and get some front row seats, and wear our SU Orange tshirts, and annoy the heck out of them for a game.
Sit there the whole game yelling "We're # 1!!"
Llandz, you made me laugh. My wife, mother in law, sister in law and about 50 of the people I work with are Zonies. When they start getting cocky (which they are certainly doing right now), I can always resort to, "Didn't you win your title last century?"

You won't be seeing me anytime soon at Mckale. I can't stand that moronic U OF A chant. It's worse than the 'Noles tribal ranting at games.

My friends are very dismissive of Syracuse right now. They are very happy with themselves - those big wins over USC and ASU are really impressive! And that's fine. It will be all the sweeter when they lose in the tourney - and I expect they will. Their schedule is really, really light the rest of the year. It's no stretch to see them going undefeated through their conference tourney. They'll be fat and happy come the Big Dance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom