Is this our actual ceiling for the season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is this our actual ceiling for the season?

I truly didn’t see any way it would happen to Kadary.

He plays both ends, and is under control. Like...he’s not a “dog house” guy or a “he’s not ready” guy, or a “he’s too up and down” guy. He’s solid, at minimum.

Even when he’s “not doing anything” he’s still playing defense and taking care of the ball and running the offense fine. Guy is elite in transition and gives us another dimension and we dont even try to give him the keys and get that going?

I’m honestly stunned.
It's unbelievably discouraging

Not when it’s working. We all say it’s okay to play Buddy and Joe when they’re hot. They were hot.
We barely won this game. Defense matters.
They made some shots they also gave up some shots.
Sorry but just because they did well on offense at times doesn’t justify 37 for each.
Buddy and Girard aren’t one of the best backcourts in the ACC.
They are solid but we play them like they are superstars which is insanity.
Guess what they have no competition coming in next year either.

I truly didn’t see any way it would happen to Kadary.

He plays both ends, and is under control. Like...he’s not a “dog house” guy or a “he’s not ready” guy, or a “he’s too up and down” guy. He’s solid, at minimum.

Even when he’s “not doing anything” he’s still playing defense and taking care of the ball and running the offense fine. Guy is elite in transition and gives us another dimension and we dont even try to give him the keys and get that going?

I’m honestly stunned.
I think that a game like tonight (6 mins for Kadary, all in the first half) will be the exception, when we look back at the end of the year. Joe and Buddy both played well, and we got the W, which is the most important thing.

I also think it’s notable that a guy who was out of the rotation altogether 2 games ago (Braswell) got 17 minutes tonight, including during crunch time. Kadary just needs to keep his head up, keep working hard... I think he’ll get plenty of minutes going forward.

Not when it’s working. We all say it’s okay to play Buddy and Joe when they’re hot. They were hot.

Sure, play them a lot. Joe - 30. Buddy -33. That leaves 17 for Kadary(normally he should be playing more than that).

Kadary has been a part of the rotation when playing well. Sidibe is out, which makes a difference. Woody and Braswell have looked good in spots but are up against Guerrier, who should play 41 minutes per game, and Griffin.
There is clearly room to get other players in the mix even if it's just a few minutes to give the starters a break and get them some game experience, it's not like they're subbing in for Mike, Scotty and Dennis. Woody could clearly spell Griff, Bras can clearly spell Q and even a couple of the centers could get some burn to give MD a break. I'm not going to even get into the guard stuff, and I'm not dissing any of the 3 players I mentioned, I like them all, but none of them should be playing 30+ in my opinion. OK... Maybe Q.

There is clearly room to get other players in the mix even if it's just a few minutes to give the starters a break and get them some game experience, it's not like they're subbing in for Mike, Scotty and Dennis. Woody could clearly spell Griff, Bras can clearly spell Q and even a couple of the centers could get some burn to give MD a break. I'm not going to even get into the guard stuff, and I'm not dissing any of the 3 players I mentioned, I like them all, but none of them should be playing 30+ in my opinion. OK... Maybe Q.

This will be our last season with Q. Play him till his legs don’t move anymore.

Playing well means they gotta play almost the whole game?

Why doesn’t Kadary get 37 minutes when he’s playing well?

probably because he’s a freshman.

We barely won this game. Defense matters.
They made some shots they also gave up some shots.
Sorry but just because they did well on offense at times doesn’t justify 37 for each.
Buddy and Girard aren’t one of the best backcourts in the ACC.
They are solid but we play them like they are superstars which is insanity.
Guess what they have no competition coming in next year either.

If a guy produces and is hot you play him until he’s cold. That simple.

man’s what was the alternative to Joe last year? A guy who can’t play at a mid major?

True.

But Kadary is actually good. At the very least he’s a far better defender, a better penetrator, and a better finisher.

To me he looks like a better passer and ball handler too, but even if I be as conservative as possible and call that a wash...he’s more than bringing enough to the table to not get scrub minutes. Per minute, he’s been way more productive.

True.

But Kadary is actually good. At the very least he’s a far better defender, a better penetrator, and a better finisher.

To me he looks like a better passer and ball handler too, but even if I be as conservative as possible and call that a wash...he’s more than bringing enough to the table to not get scrub minutes. Per minute, he’s been way more productive.

Kadary is good. He’s not as good as the mythical level he’s been elevated to on this board. He gets 20 minutes most games. For a Freshman, that’s good. Is he a better defender than Joe and Buddy? Yes. Over the course of a game, that’s the difference of a few baskets. He can’t shoot threes all that well, though. When Buddy and Joe are hitting 50%+ of their threes, that’s a few baskets difference over Kadary.

Joe had 8 assists, 2 steals and 2 turnovers. Buddy had 4 assists, a steal and 2 turnovers. They distributed and played at least passable defense. I don’t know why you’d take those guys off the court in this game with the way they were playing. “They looked tired” doesn’t cut it for me.

Funny because Joe was horrific the first 8 minutes of the game. Good thing he got another run.

One run of 6 minutes doesn’t cut it, unless the guy is scrub.

Joe hit the first shot of the game

Coming into tonight, Kadary was hands down our most productive guard. Not even close.

D9D2B42C-FEBA-4944-8297-D1F44202AE7D.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom