IS Tyler Ennis an upgrade over MCW? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

IS Tyler Ennis an upgrade over MCW?

Whatever is best for the good of the team. I am not so sure this team will need a driving point guard or that Ennis is ready to be yet. We might not need one though with Dajuan in the post and CJ, Gbinijes ability to drive.

That should help Ennis out, we absolutely needed MCW to be a driving point guard and IMO by the end of his sophmore year he was a killer in the lane, if he had been that all year his shooting percentages would have been better. You had to double MCW in the high post every time by the end of the year especially with his height and floater in the lane . Thats a big reason Michigan won.

Mike used a long sidestep in highshcool that he never transferred to college due to a lack of a pullup. MCW nver slowed down his dribble in the lane, and rarely backed his defender down. We rarely saw Ennis back his man down in high school either. But, Ennis has the potential in the near future to change direction with a defender in front of him over time, which will make him a better passer.

Ennis like College MCW has been more of a straight drive pullup shooter. Hes not much of a sidestep guy like Dion or CJ are. I think Ron and BJ by comparison will bring a better sidestep pullup then Ennis the next few years. He is pretty darn fast though, and very very in control off the bounce which could translate to protecting the ball against defenders bodying him on the drive.

Great feature on up and comers in Canadian basketball by NBA TV Canada. Tyler featured heavily...great quote at the :54 mark - Ennis didn't want to lose Syracuse. Got the feeling this kid is going to battle every possession. Gonna be a great four years.

Sherm played 5 minutes a game his freshman year playing behind the Pearl. Just imagine if he had redshirted that year. He would have led the best team in Syracuse history in his 5th year. A guy can dream can't he :)

Solid article which I was actually thinking about posting myself.

That said, Note that Its Dave Telep (ESPN Recruiting) who is the one saying these things and king is just quoting him for the most part. which is good because he has legit insight on the incomming class (telep always talks as if he feels tyler is underanked although hes never said as much) as opposed to king who just makes assumptions based on analysis from guys like telep. also...king is a b12 homer lol.

I'll never assume a freshman is an upgrade over the player he's replacing until I see him play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom