Isaac Haas for Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Isaac Haas for Purdue

If you read the story, it sounds like he was told by the health office he was good to go. IF true, can't blame the kid.

Blame goes to both partners for not protecting themselves.

Indiana's comaprative negligence statute is here. Overview of the Indiana Negligence Law - Hensley Legal Group, PC

I could see a jury finding the woman (as compared to him) to be at least half responsible, if not more, for not insisting that a condom be used. They could find 50% each, as well. STDs are a known risk, and precautions could have been taken by her, as there is no allegation of force.

Will be interesting to see how the medical comes out. I am not sure she has legal standing to sue the medical staff.

Sounds to me from the story that he probably didn't want protection so the woman specifically asked about STD's and he told her he had been okayed for sex. She may very well be using birth control and wanted to insure that she didn't get an STD from him. I don't get your assignment of responsibility. I would hope that a medical facility that tested and treated his clamydia would also test him for other common STD's too.

Wonder how many of you kids remember SU warming up to the song Shaft in the 70’s?
Hah! I'm so old I remember Vaughn Harper doing his thing to Jackie Wilson's "Higher and Higher".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom