Isaiah Jones out for the season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Jones out for the season

Ugh…. You could see it was after the ball was out and the defender just pulled on his arm. What a shame.

Are we leading the FBS in season ending injuries through week 3?

My guess is that Bobby A and Dino and co. ask D'Marcus Adams, Umari, Queely and CJ Hayes to step it up in practice this week. What stinks about this loss other than the fact that it sucks that the kid has to go through an injury like this is that he was such a threat at 6'4". The third tallest receiver on the team so Oronde and Damien need to continue to be our jump ball guys. Terrible loss, man, feel for him.

It was an interesting day on the passing front.. jones didnt play for large stretches of the game and neither did Cooper or Jackson . we ran a bunch of Gasden and Mang/extra tackle sets and not sure how many 4 WR sets we actually ran.. Pena being out didnt help either.

Hayes cant get on the field, Hatcher no showings at all
Foster is suspended?
Queeley is he ever coming back?
Adams?

GDdmnit

Honestly it didn’t look like he took a hit… more like he just got grabbed or mugged on that play. I don’t get it.
Looked like he may have been held down while trying to jump up or forward. That would do it.

An extreme example would be Bo Jackson's football career ending injury (hip, not shoulder). That didn't look out of the ordinary either.

A tough loss, but at least it's at a position where we have pretty good depth. I hope Hatcher can step it up-He has a unique combo of size and speed.

Last edited:
Jones was really only being used for 1-2 route trees as well.. Big target that got us a TD.. But he was clearly playing with an Injured shoulder and was hurt even before the yr started..

gonna need 2-3 guys to step up or get Allen more involved in some slot stuff so that Jackson can do more outside stuff, which then means RB has to change a bit.

We have about 3-4 guys pretty limited in what they run which doesnt help things. .Its fine when we play zone teams but we need guys who can do something vs Man once we play better teams..

There are guys playing their 7th year of football (I know, Covid and all)...I think we find a way to get him his year back.

Last edited:
I thought he was coming along well. Alford seems like he won't be the guy we need. Jackson is playing out of position since we have no one else to put out there. Really need someone to step up.

Agreed, the WR room is very concerning right now with Jones done and really no passing TE on the roster. Gonna need to try someone new or start moving guys around.

you can play in 4 games and RS now. but you wont get a do over RS unless you are also injured. So he wouldnt get another RS this yr, it just means he has 3 yrs left.

Freshman Year (2019 at El Camino College): Played in 10 games

Covid Sophomore Year (2020): Played in 10 games (Doesn't count)

2nd Sophomore Year (2021): Appeared in four games and redshirted)

3rd Sophomore Year (2022): 3 games and injured.

Junior Year (2023)

Senior (2024)

Agreed, the WR room is very concerning right now with Jones done and really no passing TE on the roster. Gonna need to try someone new or start moving guys around.
expect a lot more of Tucker out of the backfield than what we already have been seeing, which has been a lot. WR was probably our second biggest concern coming into the season(after the DL) and outside of OG II it continues to be a worry.

Freshman Year (2019 at El Camino College): Played in 10 games

Covid Sophomore Year (2020): Played in 10 games (Doesn't count)

2nd Sophomore Year (2021): Appeared in four games and redshirted)

3rd Sophomore Year (2022): 3 games and injured.

Junior Year (2023)

Senior (2024)
given that he probably has 2 yrs left unless they can document an injury last year as well.

you can play in 4 games and RS now. but you wont get a do over RS unless you are also injured. So he wouldnt get another RS this yr, it just means he has 3 yrs left.
He is out for the rest of this year and has 2023 and 2024 season left. This year counts as does his freshman year in 2019 at El Camino College. 2020 didn't count for anybody and 2021 was his redshirt year.

And this really sucks. I think he was going to be pretty productive for us this year cutting more and more into Alfords snaps. I'm really hoping Hatcher wins these snaps along with Alford and can step up his game.

I beg to differ.
First off - no reason why Villari can't be the pass catching TE.
(he can also be the passing TE, which would be big fun)

Is Mahar injured?? He is seemingly perfect as a WR/TE hybrid sorta guy.

I like the guys we can roll out in the slot WR position:
Courtney, Pena, Mr Cooper - that's a pretty solid rotation, all proven guys with some wiggle.

We certainly have bodies for outside WR's:
Alford 6'6", Gadsden 6'5", Hayes 6'2", Queeley (if he gets healthy) 6'2".

And the ??? guys:
Hatcher 6'3", Long 6'2", Brown 6'1", Adams 6'0"
Hatcher looked like Taj2.0 with his RAC abilities (and hopefully sans the diva 'tude).
Long and Brown both speedsters. Ditto Adams.
Adams has already got a TD this season.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Anae et al can make a workable rotation out of these pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom