Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Great talent, but I don't get a good vibe about this kid.

If we're able to get a back court of ennis, whitehead, Briscoe, then Patterson as the 4th guard. Talk about having a stable of guards with toughness, swag, and guys that can just flat out play. Throw in BJ's rapidly developing game, maybe Roberson and Coleman are still around, Malachi possibly stretching the floor, Bryant just being a monster, diallo comtrolling the paint if coleman isnt around, wow. It's probably a pipe dream but hey what's the harm in dreaming right? Lol

If we're able to get a back court of ennis, whitehead, Briscoe, then Patterson as the 4th guard. Talk about having a stable of guards with toughness, swag, and guys that can just flat out play. Throw in BJ's rapidly developing game, maybe Roberson and Coleman are still around, Malachi possibly stretching the floor, Bryant just being a monster, diallo comtrolling the paint if coleman isnt around, wow. It's probably a pipe dream but hey what's the harm in dreaming right? Lol
th_shaqoohhh.png

He's got a great game, good rebounder and passer but he can flat out score.
Best part of him from nearly every interview I've seen, this guy cares about winning and takes losing personally.
I know we're still in the mix and would be beyond ecstatic to land Kaleb, but can't we have both? :)

I didn't like that "my top ten or top ten" talk though and with the JB question, he said but...
D'oh!
Anyway, I think we get Kaleb when all is said and dream schooled and done.

Best part of him from nearly every interview I've seen, this guy cares about winning and takes losing personally.
I know we're still in the mix and would be beyond ecstatic to land Kaleb, but can't we have both? :)

I didn't like that "my top ten or top ten" talk though and with the JB question, he said but...
D'oh!
We have got to land one of the Isaiah's . What are the chances that two Isaiah's have the same dream school (us) and none pick it? That was deep for me lol.

We have got to land one of the Isaiah's . What are the chances that two Isaiah's have the same dream school (us) and none pick it? That was deep for me lol.
Just have a listen at the first one.

D'oh!

Yeah, didn't like that part of the interview either, ha. Seems like he was trying dispel the Syracuse rumors.

You wouldn't necessarily be telling them that they will be coming off the bench, but if that happens to be the case then it doesn't mean that you won't play starter minutes, and Waiters is the perfect example of that. Plus JB wouldn't be telling these kids that they're going to be coming off the bench for their entire SU career.

I think the approach is to tell them that if they're good enough, they'll get enough minutes to make an impression. It's not about who starts, it's about who gets major minutes and who finishes the game in crunch time.

whitehead reminds me of bubba from forrest gump, the way he talks.

I really hope we land Whitehead, I love his game and more importantly his drive to win. Also I've seen posts on here saying he's a head case or that since he goes to Abraham Lincoln his recruitment will be a circus (which has been the case with other abe lincoln recruits) but from everything I have heard about him its the opposite, sure he wants to be recruited by Kentucky but can you blame any 17 year old for wanting attention from as many high majors as possible.

I really hope we land Whitehead, I love his game and more importantly his drive to win. Also I've seen posts on here saying he's a head case or that since he goes to Abraham Lincoln his recruitment will be a circus (which has been the case with other abe lincoln recruits) but from everything I have heard about him its the opposite, sure he wants to be recruited by Kentucky but can you blame any 17 year old for wanting attention from as many high majors as possible.
I really hope you're right as he's a talented kid, no denying that. And I completely agree that he's as competitive as they come. Let's just hope this doesn't drag out late into the year as it rarely works out well for us in that respect. Come to think of it, there's only one school that seems to work out well for. Hmmm. I wonder why that is. ;)

I hear mixed reports on Whitehead, not sure what to think, however I tend to think he is legit and will be better than julius hodge could ever dream of

Still believe this kid is waiting for a UK offer...but in this interview he doesn't mention UK and the Orange lead off on his list. Says he will make decision after AAU.

New video of Whitehead released today (outdoor game).

That's where I saw Conrad play!
Years ago, they didn't have glass backboards back then.
My buddy and I each took a shot between games.
Aside from Rucker, great park to watch a game. You just get off the E train and West 4th, and bam, right there.
Now you know Whitehead's the real deal!

What I saw was 3 out of 3 (picking SU), correct?
When I wrote that they only had 2 predictions, but it is now 3 of 3 guys, all who are higher-ups at 247 other than just the guys who report on one school.

When I wrote that they only had 2 predictions, but it is now 3 of 3 guys, all who are higher-ups at 247 other than just the guys who report on one school.

Can't put much weight on that though...they don't have us listed in Joseph's offers or interests, which we have both and to some we are the leader.

Ok, np. I'm no authority in recruiting. Just trying to keep up with you guys. ;)

Can't put much weight on that though...they don't have us listed in Joseph's offers or interests, which we have both and to some we are the leader.
I'd put a good amount of weight on it, considering it's people who's job it is to do just this. As with Joseph, they clearly just haven't updated his profile in some time, and I'm sure when they do they will have us as a leader for him

I'd put a good amount of weight on it, considering it's people who's job it is to do just this. As with Joseph, they clearly just haven't updated his profile in some time, and I'm sure when they do they will have us as a leader for him

It often feels like these guys are wrong more than they are right.