Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

It often feels like these guys are wrong more than they are right.
Sorry, but I have to go with AWMKY on this one. They often lag behind the times. In fact, for one or two of these, I have provided them "updates" if you consider information that is months late "updates".
:D

It often feels like these guys are wrong more than they are right.
They keep track of everyone they get right and wrong on each analysts page. For example, her is Jerry Meyer's. He is one of the bigger basketball guys on 247, if not the biggest. Also, here's the CEO's. Both guys have Whitehead to Syracuse. And the third guy has 100% right but on only 13 predictions.

http://247sports.com/User/Jerry Mey...tion.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

http://247sports.com/User/Lucky/Pla...tion.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

Meyer's at about 85%, which shows he is often right more than he is wrong, and the other guy is at 93%

Also, since I'm fairly new here I don't exactly know the rules on what I can and can't link here (especially the free stuff on recruiting websites). Obviously I know I can't say what's behind a paywall, so let me know if i link something that i shouldn't for future circumstances. Thanks in advance

Sorry, but I have to go with AWMKY on this one. They often lag behind the times. In fact, for one or two of these, I have provided them "updates" if you consider information that is months late "updates".
:D
I definitely agree with you they sometimes "lag" behind a lot. It doesn't really change my view of their knowledge, but just rather of their allotted time and resources for updating each and every offer for thousands of kids. 247 is one of the better recruiting sites to me, but everyone has their faults.

Also, since I'm fairly new here I don't exactly know the rules on what I can and can't link here (especially the free stuff on recruiting websites). Obviously I know I can't say what's behind a paywall, so let me know if i link something that i shouldn't for future circumstances. Thanks in advance
All good, man. Much appreciated for your input so keep it coming!
Yeah, I would only summarize from a pay site's info, but I think everything free is fair game.
But either way, I didn't mean to criticize anyone and like I said, more information is always welcome, especially when we like it. :)

All good, man. Much appreciated for your input so keep it coming!
Yeah, I would only summarize from a pay site's info, but I think everything free is fair game.
But either way, I didn't mean to criticize anyone and like I said, more information is always welcome, especially when we like it. :)
Don't worry, didn't take it as criticism. Thanks for the feedback

They keep track of everyone they get right and wrong on each analysts page. For example, her is Jerry Meyer's. He is one of the bigger basketball guys on 247, if not the biggest. Also, here's the CEO's. Both guys have Whitehead to Syracuse. And the third guy has 100% right but on only 13 predictions.

http://247sports.com/User/Jerry Meyer/PlayerInstitutionPredictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

http://247sports.com/User/Lucky/Pla...tion.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

Meyer's at about 85%, which shows he is often right more than he is wrong, and the other guy is at 93%
Most of the big name guys at each site knows their stuff and have good contacts to have an idea of where a recruit is leaning at a certain point and time. Some recruitments are easy to figure out and predict, then others especially the high profile top 25 battles can be all over the map and then it becomes a guessing game by many, Julius Randle and Andrew Wiggins are perfect examples of that from the 2013 class alone. I like the 247 crystal ball stuff and things like that are always fun to look at, but it doesn't mean every prediction they make will turn out accurate months later because things change all the time in recruiting.

Most of the big name guys at each site knows their stuff and have good contacts to have an idea of where a recruit is leaning at a certain point and time. Some recruitments are easy to figure out and predict, then others especially the high profile top 25 battles can be all over the map and then it becomes a guessing game by many, Julius Randle and Andrew Wiggins are perfect examples of that from the 2013 class alone. I like the 247 crystal ball stuff and things like that are always fun to look at, but it doesn't mean every prediction they make will turn out accurate months later because things change all the time in recruiting.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this, but I'd much rather have people on the inside predict he's going to Syracuse as opposed to Louisville for whatever that's worth. It might make the heartbreak worse, but at least it makes today better

Dude! The first rule of PAYSIDE is you don't talk about PAYSIDE! The second . . . . . . .

Whitehead has had a big day today at the NBPA Top 100 camp according to various scouts. Should be a consensus top 20 player when the summer circuit is over.

He is lighting it up everywhere he plays this summer! Hopefully, JB, Hop, Red, GMac are going all out on him.

So it's probably fair to say with all the predictions and good news were hearing WE WILL land one them, meaning IW or KJ. Maybe even both, the way its sounding. Then there is still the mystery of Briscoe...

I'd say we're recruiting pretty damn well here.

I just wish it didn't take so many shots for him to get his points. He is definitely, usually, a high volume shooter.

i read he was going to commit to a school after the AAU season.

i'd be shocked if he didn't take this a distance. no way he breaks the tradition of being the first ever Lincoln kid to commit early

Whitehead interview (by Louisville reporters). Visiting Syracuse, Louisville, and St John's soon.

Whitehead has been the most dominant player at the Top 100 camp. SU really needs to land him. If we want to be able to win our share against Duke/UNC/Ville we have got to have talents like Whitehead. We are not going to beat them with Cooney.

Whitehead top mention in this CBS College basketball main page article:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...head-has-louisville-cuse-minnesota-in-pursuit

Has dropped out of the top 25, isn't happy about that and wants to have his ranking rise, gives mention to of Cuse, Ville , and...Minnesota. In the end I think it's Cuse or Ville. I would think his relationship with Chris McCullough would give the edge to Syracuse. I'd like to see either of Kaleb Joseph or Whitehead. The kids we are on to are all from pretty rarified air.

Rankin quick notes on Whitehead at NBPA 100:

2014 SG/SF Isaiah Whitehead: He has much-improved shot selection and decision-making, which has led to more consistent play and production. Whitehead has offers from Syracuse, Louisville, Minnesota, UCLA and St. John’s.

OUCH!Caliperi and Pitino are becoming a real couple of pains in the proverbial ass.:mad:
There is a growing number of people who are convinced that they are the same person. I'm not sure about that but I am sure about the fact that they are the reason there are more horse's a$$es in Kentucky than there are horses.