Isn't it great? | Syracusefan.com

Isn't it great?

wallacecuse

Starter
Yay, a Northeast team wins the title...yay.

I can't believe any of you wanted this.

I literally cannot fathom how this season ended. How in the hell did the team that lost to Houston in front of 3 people win the title?

I literally cannot fathom how this season ended. How in the hell did the team that lost to Houston in front of 3 people win the title?

This was just a down year - there was no dominant team. They got hot at the right time. If we had any semblance of an offense we could have easily made a run this year which makes this all so frustrating. Our offense was beyond bad to the point we didn't even make it out of the first weekend. It's very frustrating.

And this game showed how much college basketball is down - really another ugly game in a season of ugly games. Our game vs Duke in the Dome was the highlight of the season in terms of a great game to watch.

This was just a down year - there was no dominant team. They got hot at the right time. If we had any semblance of an offense we could have easily made a run this year which makes this all so frustrating. Our offense was beyond bad to the point we didn't even make it out of the first weekend. It's very frustrating.
It's hard enough to win a title when you have a great team. They have won 2 with very limited teams. It really is amazing.

Our offense in the first half against Dayton was the saddest display I have ever seen.

This is, and will be, every year from here on out unless some kind of NBA eligibility rule is enforced.

The regular season is pointless and the sport is based on a complete s**tshow that is pushed by money and office pools. The only thing that matters is hoping you get hot, lucky and the refs don't screw you over so you can at least make the Final 4.

If you want to watch a sport where the best teams compete for a title, CBB is not for you.

I'm actually getting more excited for Syracuse Football now. We may not be elite like in CBB but at least a regular season game in October means something.

It's hard enough to win a title when you have a great team. They have won 2 with very limited teams. It really is amazing.
Two good guards, a solid wing, and a bunch of anybodies...unreal.

This is, and will be, every year from here on out unless some kind of NBA eligibility rule is enforced.

The regular season is pointless and the sport is based on a complete s**tshow that is pushed by money and office pools. The only thing that matters is hoping you get hot, lucky and the refs don't screw you over so you can at least make the Final 4.

If you want to watch a sport where the best teams compete for a title, CBB is not for you.

I'm actually getting more excited for Syracuse Football now. We may not be elite like in CBB but at least a regular season game in October means something.
The regular season is completely meaningless. 3 weekends in March make the entire season; nothing else is remembered.

NBA playoffs start soon. Tune in.

Best of 7 series, the best team wins 95% of the time. In the tournament, single elimination is full of luck/hot teams/matchup, as well as talent/"peaking" at the right time. It's what makes it great that also makes it terrible.

If we go 22-9 next year I won't even care. Won't be long before a double digit seed wins.

NBA playoffs start soon. Tune in.

Best of 7 series, the best team wins 95% of the time. In the tournament, single elimination is full of luck/hot teams/matchup, as well as talent/"peaking" at the right time. It's what makes it great that also makes it terrible.
NBA Playoffs are awesome! I have no clue how anyone can hate on that. Maybe some NBA regular season games can be boring but the Playoffs are a whole different animal.

Anyone rooting for uconn needs to turn in their SU fan card immediately.
Whatever you say there champ! :rolleyes: LOL. I root for region first before anything. Kids that grew up like me. 9 times out of 10 I'd take them on my team before I took kids from Texas etc.

Whatever you say there champ! :rolleyes: LOL. I root for region first before anything. Kids that grew up like me. 9 times out of 10 I'd take them on my team before I took kids from Texas etc.
What does this even mean? So you identify more with Neils Giffey and Brimah than you do Julius Randle and James Young?

You do realize only Napier is from the Northeast?

What does this even mean? So you identify more with Neils Giffey and Brimah than you do Julius Randle and James Young?
How about the mvp Napier? Now that's a little more on track of what I was talking. And you're whole team doesn't always have to be from there to buy into a brand and style.

You do realize only Napier is from the Northeast?
Well yeah, that's why I mentioned Roxbury, who was their leader? Like I said in the last post, your whole team doesn't have to be from there to buy in. Stevie Thompson? And he fit the mold just fine. But generally speaking I root for NE schools, so what? Ask CJ who he was rooting for, and Moten? Yeah, I guess they need to turn in their jerseys...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom