It’s on! | Syracusefan.com

It’s on!

GooseMutt

All Conference
Between Jimmy and Buddy! Jimmy has been surprisingly good and found his niche on this team quickly. Buddy is …. well Buddy. effective killer shooter/ player, Jimmy seems determined to be heard. Such a fun dynamic!

Nothing wrong with some friendly competition between siblings. Hopefully it will not detract from the overall team concept. Personally I do not see that as being a problem.

Between Jimmy and Buddy! Jimmy has been surprisingly good and found his niche on this team quickly. Buddy is …. well Buddy. effective killer shooter/ player, Jimmy seems determined to be heard. Such a fun dynamic!

Buddy's step-back fade shot which is really hard to do is amazing. It's such and amazing move to have as part of his game. I don't think it can be defended. And he hit's those shots consistently. Regardless of being the son of the coach, I really like Buddy's game.

Nothing wrong with some friendly competition between siblings. Hopefully it will not detract from the overall team concept. Personally I do not see that as being a problem.
there was a play in the second half of the last game where Buddy got the ball in the paint and did the exact same move his brother had done the play before. that's when I got a hint there's just a bit of sibling rivalry going there.

still think jimmy's was better because I think he shot it with his off hand. but maybe he didn't call it first so buddy doesn't get the letter.

Buddy's step-back fade shot which is really hard to do is amazing. It's such and amazing move to have as part of his game. I don't think it can be defended. And he hit's those shots consistently. Regardless of being the son of the coach, I really like Buddy's game.

I can think of another 6'6 shooting guard who had a lot of success with a fade away jumper. Some guy from North Carolina. He was in his 30's before he figured it out though.

I can think of another 6'6 shooting guard who had a lot of success with a fade away jumper. Some guy from North Carolina. He was in his 30's before he figured it out though.

Jordan was in his thirties before he needed it... He was so good with just raw athleticism before then. The move in question was his "I'm starting to lose it" move. Buddy needs it already because he, well, isn't Jordan. (Who is?)

This is tough, Buddy is 22, MJ was injured his age 22 season but averaged 37 points a game in his age 23 season, in the nba.

Jordan was in his thirties before he needed it... He was so good with just raw athleticism before then. The move in question was his "I'm starting to lose it" move. Buddy needs it already because he, well, isn't Jordan. (Who is?)

Eh, Jordan couldn't hit 3's like Buddy does. He feels like a poor man's Buddy ;)

I like Buddy better. He always has a warming smile on his face while Jimmy is cold. He is too serious.

I like Buddy better. He always has a warming smile on his face while Jimmy is cold. He is too serious.
Some of you all need to look more closely at Buddy's face on the floor. That dude is a stone cold assassin who is more than willing to let defenders know they haven't got a shot at shutting him down. I would not be surprised at all if he's talking a ton of smack out there behind that smirk he wears.

Some of you all need to look more closely at Buddy's face on the floor. That dude is a stone cold assassin who is more than willing to let defenders know they haven't got a shot at shutting him down. I would not be surprised at all if he's talking a ton of smack out there behind that smirk he wears.
He does talk smack. You can see in replays. Reading his mouth he says “I’m a bucket” vs west virgina lol

Eh, Jordan couldn't hit 3's like Buddy does. He feels like a poor man's Buddy ;)

Jordan once paid a baggage handler to put his luggage out on the treadmill first then tricked his teammates into betting on whose luggage would emerge first. These guys all made small fractions of Jordan's income.

I would choose Jordan as a baller over Buddy, but it's hard to imagine liking him more.

Jordan once paid a baggage handler to put his luggage out on the treadmill first then tricked his teammates into betting on whose luggage would emerge first. These guys all made small fractions of Jordan's income.

I would choose Jordan as a baller over Buddy, but it's hard to imagine liking him more.
The charmillionaire story disturbed me about MJ, when I read that is when I started learning about other stories with Jordan being a trash human being.

Jordan is a street gangster that likes to play the game and win at all costs period. He is the master OG .

Someone had the perfect analogy about Buddy & JB3’s personalities. Buddy is a lot like his mother, always smiling, sunny, pleasant, whereas jimmy is more like the old man, kinda silent, dry sense of humor, a little reserved.
Make no mistake however, much like JB they’re both killer competitors & will crush you if that’s what it takes to win.

When your first two guys who take tough shots are brothers, some shots will be probably forced at times. It shouldn't make a difference though, imo.

My bigger worry is when two of Girard Buddy and Jim are off the floor together. Cole Swider appears to me to be a bit too unselfish not forcing things at all off the dribble atm to open up his outside game. That usually means his mind is on efficiency for the good of the team though. Not sure Swider understands he is good enough to be a solid 2nd option yet, but if he wants to be a second at times; we will need him to be good enough to be a third always. On the other hand, there is a chance our Centers become a solid 3rd option, but they tend to go straight up without hesitating 90% of the time to create one on one's yet. If that gets them 11.0+ppg then no need to change it. Girard has handled being both the 3rd option and looked like a true point guard so far, which is nothing short of outstanding either. imo.

Last edited:
there was a play in the second half of the last game where Buddy got the ball in the paint and did the exact same move his brother had done the play before. that's when I got a hint there's just a bit of sibling rivalry going there.

still think jimmy's was better because I think he shot it with his off hand. but maybe he didn't call it first so buddy doesn't get the letter.
All the announcers are making a big deal about Jimmy jr making shots with his right hand but the kid is naturally a right hander! Yeah he shoots a basketball with his left hand but being a right hander doing layups, finger rolls and baby hooks with his right hand ain't that difficult. Now if he shot mostly right handed (ie jump shots) his dominant hand, then did those things left handed then it would be worth repleatly commenting on.

All the announcers are making a big deal about Jimmy jr making shots with his right hand but the kid is naturally a right hander! Yeah he shoots a basketball with his left hand but being a right hander doing layups, finger rolls and baby hooks with his right hand ain't that difficult. Now if he shot mostly right handed (ie jump shots) his dominant hand, then did those things left handed then it would be worth repleatly commenting on.
You're kind of splitting hairs, aren't you? He shoots with both hands. What's the big difference if the announcers are complimenting the "wrong" direction of the crossover?

When your first two guys who take tough shots are brothers, some shots will be probably forced at times. It shouldn't make a difference though, imo.

My bigger worry is when two of Girard Buddy and Jim are off the floor together. Cole Swider appears to me to be a bit too unselfish not forcing things at all off the dribble atm to open up his outside game. That usually means his mind is on efficiency for the good of the team though. Not sure Swider understands he is good enough to be a solid 2nd option yet, but if he wants to be a second at times; we will need him to be good enough to be a third always. On the other hand, there is a chance our Centers become a solid 3rd option, but they tend to go straight up without hesitating 90% of the time to create one on one's yet. If that gets them 11.0+ppg then no need to change it. Girard has handled being both the 3rd option and looked like a true point guard so far, which is nothing short of outstanding either. imo.
Buddy seems a lock for first option, but the 2nd & 3rd options will be determined by match ups, IMO.

You're kind of splitting hairs, aren't you? He shoots with both hands. What's the big difference if the announcers are complimenting the "wrong" direction of the crossover?
I guess my point is that most of the announcers apparently aren't doing their homework. Only 1 that I remember mentioned that Jimmy is right handed, even throwing a baseball with his right hand. So actually him shooting left handed, and in particular his jump shot, is a bigger anomaly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom