It’s Portal time! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

JB needs to pound like he's never pounded before...Julie won't be happy but he's at the end of the road
This too...

You all are killing me this afternoon.

Last edited:
If you're Jesse, you can likely see the starting gig next year. Perhaps, the sell is easier now than it was a month ago? Hopefully...plus he has some confidence from playing well these last few games. Totally agree anything could happen, but, here is my best guess for next years rotation.

C- Jesse, Frank
PF - Benny
SF - AG (maybe) Braswell - they both won't leave.
SG - Buddy
PG, Kadary, Joe

Marek, Sid, JBA, Woody, move on. QQ goes pro.

Between AG/Braswell/Woody, one definitely stays as they are playing a ton. My guess is AG, but I am likely to be wrong there.

Would hate to see Woody transfer out -- would be a disastrous long-term outcome.

I don't think anyone -- least of all the coaches -- should "count" on Sidibe returning being a contributor. He's been healthy a grand total of 1 out of the 4 years that he's played here.

I'd expect one of Jesse or JBA to consider leaving. I'd expect Braswell to be a strong lean toward leaving, so that he can find somewhere to start his final two years [using this one as a wash]. I also think we have to prepare for one or both of Guerrier / Griffin electing to pursue pro options.

My best guess at a lineup:

C -- Edwards builds upon the late season momentum, and starts. Backed up by Anselem, who still won't be "ready" next year.
PF -- Woody
SF -- Benny
SG -- Buddy
PG -- Kadary

Bench: Joe, Frank, Jimmy Jr.

Would hate to see Woody transfer out -- would be a disastrous long-term outcome.

I don't think anyone -- least of all the coaches -- should "count" on Sidibe returning being a contributor. He's been healthy a grand total of 1 out of the 4 years that he's played here.

I'd expect one of Jesse or JBA to consider leaving. I'd expect Braswell to be a strong lean toward leaving, so that he can find somewhere to start his final two years [using this one as a wash]. I also think we have to prepare for one or both of Guerrier / Griffin electing to pursue pro options.

My best guess at a lineup:

C -- Edwards builds upon the late season momentum, and starts. Backed up by Anselem, who still won't be "ready" next year.
PF -- Woody
SF -- Benny
SG -- Buddy
PG -- Kadary

Bench: Joe, Frank, Jimmy Jr.

I see what you did there...

Hope we play. Wishful thinking BUT I do know JB wants a nice run into the NCAAs for buddy. If Sid does not return, with the mass exodus (that’s predicted), I really do think we will try and nab a C transfer and have Frank be the official backup.
Buddy will be here next year too

Re: Jimmy

I actually stumbled on an interview Jimmy and Buddy did with Mike Waters back in May. The topic if Jimmy transferring to Cuse came up ...

Jimmy said Cornell has done so much for him and his growth that he owes it to them to stay and that he loves it there.

Of course - it could have been lip service; things also could have changed since then. But he sounded pretty certain he would never play for Syracuse

I actually stumbled on an interview Jimmy and Buddy did with Mike Waters back in May. The topic if Jimmy transferring to Cuse came up ...

Jimmy said Cornell has done so much for him and his growth that he owes it to them to stay and that he loves it there.

Of course - it could have been lip service; things also could have changed since then. But he sounded pretty certain he would never play for Syracuse

May 2020 was a long time ago.

The only thing that might -- emphasis on "might" -- prevent Jimmy from playing here is that the Ivy League is offering a one time exemption for 5th year players next season, to enable seniors this year who weren't able to play to wrap up their careers.

May 2020 was a long time ago.

The only thing that might -- emphasis on "might" -- prevent Jimmy from playing here is that the Ivy League is offering a one time exemption for 5th year players next season, to enable seniors this year who weren't able to play to wrap up their careers.
There are reports the Ivy is doing this. They have been out for weeks

Even if the Ivy presidents change their mind (again), I can’t see Jimmy playing at Syracuse. It is not going to happen.

If you're Jesse, you can likely see the starting gig next year. Perhaps, the sell is easier now than it was a month ago? Hopefully...plus he has some confidence from playing well these last few games. Totally agree anything could happen, but, here is my best guess for next years rotation.

C- Jesse, Frank
PF - Benny
SF - AG (maybe) Braswell - they both won't leave.
SG - Buddy
PG, Kadary, Joe

Marek, Sid, JBA, Woody, move on. QQ goes pro.

Between AG/Braswell/Woody, one definitely stays as they are playing a ton. My guess is AG, but I am likely to be wrong there.
It's possible that the player movement will stun us all. I'm not saying we won't end up better. Or worse. Just stunning.

Jimmy may not be interested in playing for SU but his name is in the transfer portal.

I set the over/under of guys staying to 4.5
I’d take the over

Buddy
Kadary
Joe
Frank

Bourama if he can still hoop
I wouldn’t be surprised if one of Woody/AG/Q/Bras comes back (I also wouldn’t surprised if they all left so I duuunnnoo)

It's possible that the player movement will stun us all. I'm not saying we won't end up better. Or worse. Just stunning.
I predicted 8 will leave and got blasted for it.

Jimmy may not be interested in playing for SU but his name is in the transfer portal.

He did that prior to the Ivy League announcing the 1-time rule change for Seniors.

Now that that’s a thing that exists, it’s highly unlikely that he transfers out.

Cuse needs to go out and land a center that has size and some offensive abilities. A proven contributor that can play defense and give punishment more than he takes. I said the same thing last year, if you are relying on BS and the bench Cuse will be in for more pain next year.

Sidibe coming back will be a gamble for Cuse. Would anyone be shocked if he comes back, scares away Edwards and Bol Ajak, and then gets hurt again?

I'm betting Guerrier stays. He's at best a late second rounder and gets consistent minutes. With the quick hook he gets from Boeheim, I could see Griffin leaving first. I'm already on the record with the guess that Dolezaj moves.

He did that prior to the Ivy League announcing the 1-time rule change for Seniors.

Now that that’s a thing that exists, it’s highly unlikely that he transfers out.
Then why doesn’t he remove himself from the portal?

Cuse needs to go out and land a center that has size and some offensive abilities. A proven contributor that can play defense and give punishment more than he takes. I said the same thing last year, if you are relying on BS and the bench Cuse will be in for more pain next year.
We’ve needed that for years, it’s not that we need it, it’s that we’re not capable of getting it.

I hope our staff saved Tre Mitchell’s number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom