It’s Portal time! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Is he transferring? I see there's some talk of it being a possibility. Kid has 3 games of 30+ this year...he would definitely be my number 1 call the second he hits the portal.
I just watched some highlights. He would be a nice piece. Could probably play the 4 or 5. He would be in the AO or Rick Jackson mold.

Athletic freak Kenyon Martin?
That lazy leaning lefty in the first 15 seconds was the spitting image, and the driving dunk from the arc about a minute in too. Not close to a plodding AO or RJ

More jumpers, but good with both hands around the rim. Big bodied. Not the skinny 7 footers to which we’ve grown accustomed.
Very good hands. We seem to get a lot of butterfingers. Kid is strong and also has a nice handle for his size. Can do a little bit of everything.

That lazy leaning lefty in the first 15 seconds was the spitting image, and the driving dunk from the arc about a minute in too. Not close to a plodding AO or RJ
AO tore down a rim.

And also never took a 3 nor broke a man down from the arc
I mentioned he shoots more jumpers, from both mid range and three point line. 37% this year from three, which is fantastic for a big man. But, he is a big bodied, low post scorer that can establish and maintain position and then use either hand around the basket. He is not a high flyer. He is more likely to finish with a layup than a dunk.

Would hate to see Woody transfer out -- would be a disastrous long-term outcome.
My best guess at a lineup:

C -- Edwards builds upon the late season momentum, and starts. Backed up by Anselem, who still won't be "ready" next year.
PF -- Woody
SF -- Benny
SG -- Buddy
PG -- Kadary

Bench: Joe, Frank, Jimmy Jr.
I think this lineup with Joe as a sixth man could really do some damage next season and I hope we see it.

I want 3 or 4 more guys that are 6’ 6” and 175 lbs. this way we have a team loaded with the same size guys and we eliminate the who should be playing the 1,2,3,4 or 5 arguments. We’d be just like Colgate with the exception of the 6’ 6” at point guard that we don’t start.

Pound it baby!

Last edited:
Using the NFL Terminology Probable 75%, Questionable. 50%, Doubtful 25%.
I would guess
100%
Buddy Boeheim
Benny Williams
Kadary Richmond
Frank Ansalem

Probable 75%
Joe Girard
Jon Bol Ajak

Questionable 50-50
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe
Jesse Edwards
Chaz Owens
Alan Griffin
Robert Braswell

Doubtful 25%
Woody Newton
Quincy Guerrier

We don’t have a lot of 100% to come back I would set the over 5.5 are gone because of the two seniors counting.

Using the NFL Terminology Probable 75%, Questionable. 50%, Doubtful 25%.
I would guess
100%
Buddy Boeheim
Benny Williams
Kadary Richmond
Frank Ansalem

Probable 75%
Joe Girard
Jon Bol Ajak

Questionable 50-50
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe
Jesse Edwards
Chaz Owens
Alan Griffin
Robert Braswell

Doubtful 25%
Woody Newton
Quincy Guerrier

We don’t have a lot of 100% to come back I would set the over 5.5 are gone because of the two seniors counting.
Switch Buddy and Woody

Is he transferring? I see there's some talk of it being a possibility. Kid has 3 games of 30+ this year...he would definitely be my number 1 call the second he hits the portal.
Nothing close to definitive as of right now but the rumors around UMass are not great. Would be devastating for that program but he could make a huge difference here if he hits the portal.

He might be the best offensive big in the country next year.

Would u stay? Cuz I wouldn’t. Why deal with JB’s uncertainty and his mouth. I hope Jesse stays but two years in the system and still getting this treatment...I was told it was very likely that both bigs are going to dip
The plan was to redshirt Jesse this year and he agreed to it. Come on. You know what they say about rumors. Kid would be a fool to leave.

Nothing close to definitive as of right now but the rumors around UMass are not great. Would be devastating for that program but he could make a huge difference here if he hits the portal.

He might be the best offensive big in the country next year.
Which would likely make him a target for most programs in the country. Certainly you throw your hat in the ring though, no downside. Just don't make him your only target. Go after the top 5 bigs, whomever says yes first is in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom