It’s Portal time! | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

some won’t. Gonna be as many as 1500 in the portal. 4-5 average per team. It’s a free for all. We aren’t immune.
We know it’s happening but we can still be massively irritated by it if we want. Not pointing to you, Bees, but some other people on here refuse to allow this to be a place where people can vent. If we can’t complain here about NCAA idiocy and things that could negatively affect Syracuse, where can we do that? People complain about JB non-stop on here and people who don’t agree put up with it. I think this rule change is stupid and short-sighted, and the NCAA is doing it because they’re afraid of a revolt and don’t want to give up the amateurism charade so they can keep all the tourney revenue. So many posters want fans here to be “above it all” and are excited about this portal nonsense. I am not. This isn’t good for the sport.

We know it’s happening but we can still be massively irritated by it if we want. Not pointing to you, Bees, but some other people on here refuse to allow this to be a place where people can vent. If we can’t complain here about NCAA idiocy and things that could negatively affect Syracuse, where can we do that? People complain about JB non-stop on here and people who don’t agree put up with it. I think this rule change is stupid and short-sighted, and the NCAA is doing it because they’re afraid of a revolt and don’t want to give up the amateurism charade so they can keep all the tourney revenue. So many posters want fans here to be “above it all” and are excited about this portal nonsense. I am not. This isn’t good for the sport.

I agree. I don’t think it’s good for the sport either.

Arkansas not messing around...getting ready for their elite 8 game and thinking about crootin.

You dont get it. Kadary is a coaches dream. Kid could pick pretty much any school he wants. Hope he stays
if he leaves then i know this wont be a popular statement for some people but i would probaly never for give JB for that!. He should of been much more of a focal point this year & next season whereever he is which i pray is here will be lethal! JB loves to spin it ways like he's a genius and were all just stupid fans, im sorry but thats complete arrogance, out of touch BS plus edwards, same deal n i just saw a stat that backed up everything ive been saying. For instance, the wonderful houston game!
Jesse edwards when on the floor +10, when not -26!
Now idc how u spin it, JB, whoever, it wont work!

if he leaves then i know this wont be a popular statement for some people but i would probaly never for give JB for that!. He should of been much more of a focal point this year & next season whereever he is which i pray is here will be lethal! JB loves to spin it ways like he's a genius and were all just stupid fans, im sorry but thats complete arrogance, out of touch BS plus edwards, same deal n i just saw a stat that backed up everything ive been saying. For instance, the wonderful houston game!
I hope JB can move past your unforgiveness.
But seriously, I think the landscape is changing so fast right now that the whole of college basketball is going to have a very interesting offseason.

But seriously, I think the landscape is changing so fast right now that the whole of college basketball is going to have a very interesting offseason.
Geez, now I kind of want him to leave. Is that wrong?

I'm not looking for it cause I'm sure he looks down to alot a people anyway. Just a vibe n Honestly I really feel bad for a lot of the coaches out there that bus there hump and for what too have a kid transfer out one year after committing. Not a good decision on this rule but will see how it works n definitely adds a certain aspect of excitement for some.
I'll try to keep somewhat of an open mind here

Curious, this one time transfer rule that allows a kid to play immediately without sitting out, is it truly one time or open season this season only?

In other words, can a kid not entering the portal this year, enter the portal next year and not sit out the following season?

Also, can a kid enter the portal now and commit to UConn, enters the portal again in midayto commit to Miami, then changes his mind again and enters the portal in early June to commit to Alabama?

Curious, this one time transfer rule that allows a kid to play immediately without sitting out, is it truly one time or open season this season only?

In other words, can a kid not entering the portal this year, enter the portal next year and not sit out the following season?

Also, can a kid enter the portal now and commit to UConn, enters the portal again in midayto commit to Miami, then changes his mind again and enters the portal in early June to commit to Alabama?

If the rule change passes (and it's expected to pass) kids will be allowed one immediate transfer during their careers.

Only one.

If a kid wants to transfer a second time, he'll have to sit for a year.

This is going to be the new normal. Get used to it.

I totally understand your point and I do think JB should have given him the keys at some point during the season. That said I think the people we see entering the portal are proving - it isn't always about numbers or PT. Some kids like the wooing process I think and want a change with no blame for anyone.

did he play good vs us? I know he got a dunk hence the picture.
This year I think he shot pretty poorly from the field against us but was good on the glass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom