It’s Portal time! | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Started at WVU, was there for a year - goes to Wichita State, sat for a year then was kicked off the team after he was arrested - went to community college, leads JUCO in scoring - goes to Nebraska, leaves the team with 4 games left in the regular season
That’s his brother teddy.. this is Timmy who has been at Utah his whole college career

I don't understand Marek and Quincy being on your list as potentially leaving. Both started and played a ton and JB praised both of them for their play. Unless something else is going on, they both seem to be in a good spot and not in anyone's doghouse.

Marek is a Senior. Been here 4 years.
Maybe he'd like to play for $, rather than for free and having to go to classes and whatnot?

Sometimes, you just want to move on from the college experience.

I know I did - which in retrospect - WTAF was I thinking??!!??!!!

I don't understand Marek and Quincy being on your list as potentially leaving. Both started and played a ton and JB praised both of them for their play. Unless something else is going on, they both seem to be in a good spot and not in anyone's doghouse.
I think they will both pursue other options is all.

UVa also lost soph Casey Morsell, who was a ~Top 75 recruit from a few years back.
They lost some younger talent this weekend.
(and, yes, it will happen to us too!)
Trey Murphy will also test the waters... unclear if he'll hire an agent. If he goes, they'll have a ton of production to replace. Huff, Hauser, Murphy, Morsell and there may be a few others.

Trey Murphy will also test the waters... unclear if he'll hire an agent. If he goes, they'll have a ton of production to replace. Huff, Hauser, Murphy, Morsell and there may be a few others.
Bennet is great at developing guys to fit his system. Guys that I never expected to contribute end up looking like stars in year three under Bennett. So, losing a talented freshman or sophomore may really hurt, because it is hard to find guys to plug and play in to that system.

It really is a shame - in limited minutes he looked good, athletic, aggressive, bouncy, etc. I like Bras but Woody has a much higher ceiling. But if the rumors are true about why Woody is leaving, I’m not sure you want a guy like that around honestly
I know people talked about behind the scenes drama but what exactly transpired?

Last edited:
Kellen Grady to Uk
That was fast. Here is to hoping our staff is burning the midnight oil identifying and reaching out. The good ones will move quickly in musical chairs.

That was fast. Here is to hoping our staff is burning the midnight oil identifying and reaching out. The good ones will move quickly in musical chairs.
Or they already are hovering above the chair ready to sit when they declare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom