It’s Portal time! | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

It's amazing that all of the coaches in non-revenue sports have survived this long with their players being allowed to transfer without sitting.

We don't talk about their courageousness enough.

C'mon.

There has to be a sensible middle ground between the players being required to sit out a year and having flexibility to transfer with no "penalties."

Something like players being free to transfer and have immediate eligibility in the event of a coaching change. So, if a coach leaves for another job or is fired, players would have the freedom to transfer unimpeded.

It doesn't have to be 100% or 0%. Common sense reforms would greatly enhance player "rights" without having to accept out-and-out free agency every off-season.

C'mon.

There has to be a sensible middle ground between the players being required to sit out a year and having flexibility to transfer with no "penalties."

Something like players being free to transfer and have immediate eligibility in the event of a coaching change. So, if a coach leaves for another job or is fired, players would have the freedom to transfer unimpeded.

It doesn't have to be 100% or 0%. Common sense reforms would greatly enhance player "rights" without having to accept out-and-out free agency every off-season.
I don’t necessarily disagree but I’m not sure why non-revenue NCAA sports have allowed transfers without sitting all this time if it’s so detrimental

It’s one of those topics that is getting tough to talk about on the internet because it’s complex and often polarizing but I think we can all agree that coaches bitching about it is getting old lol. Adapt or get left behind

I wouldn't be as bullish on Pickett as his stats indicate. He rarely dribbles with his left hand, and competent ACC coaches will pick up on that right away.
If that’s true, any competent coach will or has seen it, they don’t need to be in the ACC. I think it’s more likely the higher level of athletes in the ACC could keep his numbers down from previous.

Pair that with coaching change or family emergency and you have a good policy.
Yeah, that could work.

Although I'm actually fine with the one time transfer waiver, regardless of when.

We visited UCSB when my daughter was trying to decide on a college. I don't blame Harvey one bit, that place is paradise, I don't know how anyone gets any work done there
I lived with a kid in college who transferred back home from UCSB after a year there and he could never quite put into words why he came back haha

Maybe $75 if my math is right. A nice dinner and glass of wine for one
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd take $75 if it was just sitting there or whatever.

I don’t necessarily disagree but I’m not sure why non-revenue NCAA sports have allowed transfers without sitting all this time if it’s so detrimental

It’s one of those topics that is getting tough to talk about on the internet because it’s complex and often polarizing but I think we can all agree that coaches bitching about it is getting old lol. Adapt or get left behind

it could be that the goal of many revenue sport athletes is the pros and are more likely to transfer.

This reminds me of all of the hand-wringing when NBA players started having more power in team construction and destination. There are pros and cons - but it's def not boring.

It also seems like good players from the lower tiers are finding p5 homes and some p5 bench sitters are headed down a notch. This should be good for basketball on the whole.

This reminds me of all of the hand-wringing when NBA players started having more power in team construction and destination. There are pros and cons - but it's def not boring.

It also seems like good players from the lower tiers are finding p5 homes and some p5 bench sitters are headed down a notch. This should be good for basketball on the whole.

Its pretty interesting and it’s going to change recruiting. Seems like that’s what happened with us and Kamari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom