It is frustrating... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

It is frustrating...

I gave you a like for pointing that out, but I believe they pointed out being a long time lurker first time caller, plus a member of past incarnations(maybe scout, rivals, and/or prodigy). Not that it's of extreme importance, but thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone is skimming due to this thread growing in length.

and he wasent here to share any stories with us.. just wanted to tell us that he HAD stories... I would have loved to hear them too.. He just wanted to complain and roll out.

Haha, yes. Eyes Wide Shut. Its not a hugely popular movie so I'm not sure how many people will get it. I'm glad you did haha.

I couldn't remember the context of the scene, but the creepy cloaks stood out in my mind. Sometimes not having the best memory can be excellent, being one can enjoy movies almost as much as seeing them for the first time. I think I might watch it tonight, being I was just having a conversation with another member about coincidences. Speaking of which, wasn't that Stanley Kubrick's last film?

I imagine there exists who knows how many secret orders amongst the Orange faithful, and I wonder if any of them would subject me to those robes to get my Golden Tee?

I couldn't remember the context of the scene, but the creepy cloaks stood out in my mind. Sometimes not having the best memory can be excellent, being one can enjoy movies almost as much as seeing them for the first time. I think I might watch it tonight, being I was just having a conversation with another member about coincidences. Speaking of which, wasn't that Stanley Kubrick's last film?

I imagine there exists who knows how many secret orders amongst the Orange faithful, and I wonder if any of them would subject me to those robes to get my Golden Tee?
I think he was involved with Spielberg on AI after that. Not sure if he directed any of it though.

Yes! It really is a great film if you have the patience to sit through it. Tons of symbolism and hidden meaning.

That scene is one of the most epic scenes in film. "Fidelio" might ring a bell.

Movie is about a marriage in turmoil and the illuminati and yes, Kubrick "just so happened" to pass away during the release of this movie.

Did the OP ever give any examples of what hes all upset about? If you have some great stories why not share them I am sure many on this board would love to hear them.

Yes! It really is a great film if you have the patience to sit through it. Tons of symbolism and hidden meaning.

That scene is one of the most epic scenes in film. "Fidelio" might ring a bell.

Movie is about a marriage in turmoil and the illuminati and yes, Kubrick "just so happened" to pass away during the release of this movie.
have you ever seen the documentary Room 237, about the obsessive deconstructing that happens around the film The Shining?

there are people who have projected the film forwards and backwards at the same time on the same screen - the layering is incredibly synchronized and creates imagery and symbolism that will blow your mind.

have you ever seen the documentary Room 237, about the obsessive deconstructing that happens around the film The Shining?

there are people who have projected the film forwards and backwards at the same time on the same screen - the layering is incredibly synchronized and creates imagery and symbolism that will blow your mind.
I haven't, I will absolutely check that out!

he wrote a long, erotically charged post about watching Ernie Davis's naked torso as he ran down Euclid, along with some pen and ink drawings he made at the time, and was angered that it violated the new "community standards" ruling and got deleted.

Yikes, lol.

th

and he offered up such rich material . . .

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with anything you say. Sometimes a poster, regardless of age, could benefit from some cultivation(myself included, even if I'm not amenable at first). In a way, we can all be Boeheim's to get the best out of everyone, if we care enough to(this applies in real life as well, or AFK as some prefer). That's all I was getting at.

On a different note, I like your penchant for grapplers. Who's the current one in your avatar? (and no, I was writing that before I saw your post about the naked torso!)

but his post was pretty clear: he made a handful of posts, didn't get any positive response, so he quit.

look, I know its hard to join a new forum and begin posting. if you read through before you join, you know that there are cliques and factions that you are not yet a part of, and you know that sometimes people get abused. so, credit to him for de-lurking. but a short lived effort followed by an ostentatious farewell post is just inviting trouble.

and he offered up such rich material . . .
I think he was also part troll. In his BMK is out thread he had these stream of quotes (that no one called him out on):
"He (meaning JB) could very well shock everyone and go to a man defense"
"Is he capable of letting go of the zone"
"In golf terms, will he continue to play a fade" blah, blah blah
"Situations like this separate good coaches from great coaches. I'm no expert and will never pretend to be, but this is why I have always been on the fence about Boeheim"

I think he was involved with Spielberg on AI after that. Not sure if he directed any of it though.
I believe AI was his (Kubrick's) project to begin with and was still mostly in pre-production when he passed away and Spielberg took over.
IMO, Barry Lyndon is the one that, while perhaps not his greatest work, people most often overlook.
(2001 being his greatest and possibly the greatest movie ever made)

I believe AI was his (Kubrick's) project to begin with and was still mostly in pre-production when he passed away and Spielberg took over.
IMO, Barry Lyndon is the one that, while perhaps not his greatest work, people most often overlook.
(2001 being his greatest and possibly the greatest movie ever made)
Eyes Wide Shut
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining

I'm probably one of the few who headlines my Kubrick list with Eyes Wide Shut but I'm also into all that illuminati stuff so that movie fascinates me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom