It is frustrating... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

It is frustrating...

I believe AI was his (Kubrick's) project to begin with and was still mostly in pre-production when he passed away and Spielberg took over.
IMO, Barry Lyndon is the one that, while perhaps not his greatest work, people most often overlook.
(2001 being his greatest and possibly the greatest movie ever made)

So with you on 20o1. Some people hate it but its remarkable. When NASA names things after the movie and when pop culture still references it 40+ Gerard later you can realize its impact

Rochester's and Ithaca College's own Robert Marella, aka Gorilla Monsoon

Gorilla was a bit before my time, but I do remember him as an announcer or color commentator, I think around the time they had "Update: with Gene Okerlund". I had no idea he went to Ithaca. That was the first college I was accepted to, if anyone cares lol

Rochester's and Ithaca College's own Robert Marella, aka Gorilla Monsoon
Wow moqui, you just connected a couple dots for me. Back in the day, my modified bball coach during practice, would always talk about Gorilla Monsoon. I never knew he was a freakin wrestler?! He would use it in this context; (Coach holding the ball high above his head acting like he just got a rebound because you didn't box out and screaming) "Now what are you going to do when Gorilla Monsoon comes in the lane like that?!!" Wow, I always just thought that was some goon he made up and was supposed to be a tough guy. Wow nothing like an answer almost 30 years later...

Eyes Wide Shut
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining

I'm probably one of the few who headlines my Kubrick list with Eyes Wide Shut but I'm also into all that illuminati stuff so that movie fascinates me.
Strangelove is at the top for me
then Jacket, The Killing, Clockwork and Shining

Too young to remember him as a wrestler, but as a kid I enjoyed him doing color commentary. The banter between him and Jesse Ventura was epic.
Gorilla was a bit before my time, but I do remember him as an announcer or color commentator, I think around the time they had "Update: with Gener Okerlund". I had no idea he went to Ithaca. That was the first college I was accepted to, if anyone cares lol
same here; before my time but I was obsessive about wrestling in the 90s and early 2000s and watched a lot of old matches on tape. My favorite of all time is still Bruiser Brody, but Gorilla had a great gimmick.

same here; before my time but I was obsessive about wrestling in the 90s and early 2000s and watched a lot of old matches on tape. My favorite of all time is still Bruiser Brody, but Gorilla had a great gimmick.

Nice!! And double nice if you knew Brody from WCCW. That was the only league other then the WWF I got to watch and for the weekly matches was thoroughly more entertaining at the time.

EDIT: I just read that Bruiser Brody was murdered in a locker room shower?

That's just crazier than thinking about why NASA would thank Stanley Kubrick by naming something after him or his work. I downloaded Room 237(not to be confused with room 528 from Inception) and will check it out.

Last edited:
"Tough room, I tell ya ..."

Rodney_Dangerfield.JPG

Last edited:
I think he was also part troll. In his BMK is out thread he had these stream of quotes (that no one called him out on):
"He (meaning JB) could very well shock everyone and go to a man defense"
"Is he capable of letting go of the zone"
"In golf terms, will he continue to play a fade" blah, blah blah
"Situations like this separate good coaches from great coaches. I'm no expert and will never pretend to be, but this is why I have always been on the fence about Boeheim"
Don't forget this one in another thread: "He definitely punishes... Mookie Jones, case in point." Looks like a JB basher to me.

You should have been here earlier. You could have feasted on this, a thread for the ages.

I may not have been able to afford to fly back to the Duke game(although I was offered a ticket at face by a generous board member), but I can say I was part of this, and even helped solve a decades old mystery by interrogating moqui lol

If BRNCUSEFRVCUSE made a cameo in this thread I'd officially throw in the towel and retire from posting. Maybe even my job. Maybe.

No need to do that, we enjoy you around here. But I admit a BRNCUSEFRVCUSE cameo would be the ultimate culmination to a cool thread!! Maybe you can make a bigger sacrifice like renouncing relations with women or something? Don't hold out on us, he probably demands more! BRNCUSEFRVCUSE is likely the illegitimate child of a Kubrick character anyhow, so this would be the perfect thread for his 2nd coming.

See? This is the thread hijacking that cto was talking about. ;)
I love this thread. There are some seriously great one-liners in it. I really do like humor, silliness and having fun here ... and I have my share of posts to prove it (like my teaser headline on my dog show post last night). The point of my other post yesterday (not the dog show post)....was that serious threads were being hijacked by juvenile exchanges that made no sense to most of the people here. As a result, the board was becoming increasingly unreadable for increasing numbers of people. This thread here never had a serious bone in its body. Even the OP's posts could be read as parodies. Every so often, we need a new Bjorn

Last edited:
big_chin_party_by_silverlady7-d5uxjmo.jpg

"The Academy is now accepting nominations ..."

We have a big on the bench some posters refer to as Chin, so we can't overlook that nomination. I dont know if the NCAA allows animations to be made while he is redshirting though.

I love this thread. I really do like humor, silliness and having fun here ... and I surely have posts to prove it (like my teaser headline on my dog show post last night). The point of my other post yesterday (not the dog show post)...was that serious threads were being hijacked and being made unreadable. As a result, the board was becoming unreadable for many people. This instant thread never had a serious bone in its body. Even the OP's posts were a parody.

"Pull the other one ..." ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom