It is frustrating... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

It is frustrating...

Dolph is the coffee drinker. I have no idea what Danny imbibes. :p

1957_1958_topps_13_dolph_schayes_fr.jpg

If you stalk Wegmans in Fayetteville you can usually catch him there a few times a year. The key is having 8x10 photos with you handy. I usually keep my Shayes 8x10s in my car because I never know when I'll run into him. I do the same with Howard Triche.

It would epic if you got him to truly sign a potato.. two3zone standing at wegmans and stopping to ask danny to sign his potato...

Wow moqui, you just connected a couple dots for me. Back in the day, my modified bball coach during practice, would always talk about Gorilla Monsoon. I never knew he was a freakin wrestler?! He would use it in this context; (Coach holding the ball high above his head acting like he just got a rebound because you didn't box out and screaming) "Now what are you going to do when Gorilla Monsoon comes in the lane like that?!!" Wow, I always just thought that was some goon he made up and was supposed to be a tough guy. Wow nothing like an answer almost 30 years later...
This is a great post...funny when life delivers you Gorilla Monsoon!

Listen, I know I'm new here, and I don't mean to overstep my bounds, but the fact that someone hasn't mocked up the packaging for a Danny Schayes endorsed instant mashed-potato product called Schaye-key Potatoes is a travesty.

Listen, I know I'm new here, and I don't mean to overstep my bounds, but the fact that someone hasn't mocked up the packaging for a Danny Schayes endorsed instant mashed-potato product called Schaye-key Potatoes is a travesty.

Instant mashed potatoes are a crime, and should be punishable by death. But you've got a point there.

"Tough room, I tell ya ..."

Rodney_Dangerfield.JPG

I agree. I don't know if you(or anyone) noticed, but I managed to incorporate both of the subjects in your signature(pro wrestling and the moon landing hoax) in the same thread. In fairness, many believe the moon landing was indeed real, but that for reasons unknown Kubrick was hired to give us fake footage, which has become the subject of numerous documentaries. (After this I can finally relax, pop open a brew, and take in either Eyes Wide Shut or Room 237...still deciding, as I will have finally made a worthwhile post today, something that hopefully can contribute in a small amount to the betterment of humanity. I guess I did help solve a 30 year old mystery in this thread earlier by asking a question, but it wasn't intentional, so I'm not sure if it counted. Anyhow, like Tony Clifton said in the movie, "If I made one person happy, it's all been worth it").

Speaking of Letterman and Man on the Moon, he was in a movie of that title, and with the aid of a pro wrestler(Jerry "The King" Lawler) and Andy Kaufman(RIP?)(portrayed by Jim Carrey), showed just how easy it is to stage things for a tv audience.
For those unfamiliar, the movie took it's title from REM's hit song, and each rank among my all-time favorites for causing people to think while being entertained. I wish I had written this song, I could probably die now a happy man, having found a way to serve humanity in a pleasing way. I don't know if I would have a goodbye thread like McNabb05, Lawrinson, etc, or if I'd simply disappear without warning like legends like Mantonio. Who knows how long before anyone would find my Temple, if ever. Hopefully I'd have the peace Andy Kaufman sought after facilitating so much of his own misery.

Mott the Hoople and the game of Life (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Andy Kaufman in the wrestling match (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Monopoly, Twenty-one, Checkers, and Chess (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Mister Fred Blassie in a breakfast mess (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Let's play Twister, let's play Risk (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
See you heaven if you make the list (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Now, Andy did you hear about this one
Tell me, are you locked in the punch
Andy are you goofing on Elvis? Hey, baby
Are we losing touch
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there's nothing up his sleeve, then nothing is cool

Moses went walking with the staff of wood (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Newton got beaned by the apple good (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Egypt was troubled by the horrible asp (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Mister Charles Darwin had the gall to ask (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Now Andy did you hear about this one
Hey, Andy are you goofing on Elvis? Hey, baby.
Are you having fun

Here's a little agit for the never-believer (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Here's a little ghost for the offering (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Here's a truck stop instead of Saint Peter's (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Mister Andy Kaufman's gone wrestling
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Hey Andy are you goofing on Elvis, hey baby, are we losing touch

Last edited:
I agree. I don't know if you(or anyone) noticed, but I managed to incorporate both of the subjects in your signature(pro wrestling and the moon landing hoax) in the same thread. In fairness, many believe the moon landing was indeed real, but that for reasons unknown Kubrick was hired to give us fake footage, which has become the subject of numerous documentaries. (After this I can finally relax, pop open a brew, and take in either Eyes Wide Shut or Room 237...still deciding, as I will have finally made a worthwhile post today, something that hopefully can contribute in a small amount to the betterment of humanity. I guess I did help solve a 30 year old mystery in this thread earlier by asking a question, but it wasn't intentional, so I'm not sure if it counted. Anyhow, like Tony Clifton said in the movie, "If I made one person happy, it's all been worth it").

Speaking of Letterman and Man on the Moon, he was in a movie of that title, and with the aid of a pro wrestler(Jerry "The King" Lawler) and Andy Kaufman(RIP?)(portrayed by Jim Carrey), showed just how easy it is to stage things for a tv audience.
For those unfamiliar, the movie took it's title from REM's hit song, and each rank among my all-time favorites for causing people to think while being entertained. I wish I had written this song, I could probably die now a happy man, having found a way to serve humanity in a pleasing way. I don't know if I would have a goodbye thread like McNabb05, Lawrinson, etc, or if I'd simply disappear without warning like legends like Mantonio. Who knows how long before anyone would find my Temple, if ever. Hopefully I'd have the peace Andy Kaufman sought after facilitating so much of his own misery.

Are we losing touch

Are you having fun

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

You have a fertile imagination :)

Are we losing touch

Are you having fun

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Every whisper of every waking hour, I'm choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you, like a hurt lost and blinded fool
Fool
Oh now I've said too much
I've said enough

Sitting in a seminar right now. pulled this thread up took everything not to start laughing hysterically. This thread is like fine wine gets better with age.

Considering that I have a Danny Schayes autograph, and have seen a football game in Archibold Stadium, I might find some interesting conversation. If you have nothing to add or can't make a constructivge argument, why waste time insulting or attacking someone? I don't get it.

I sat next to Danny Schayes at the Ville game two years ago... BFD...

Sadly, no one around me knew who he was besides me... was a bit shocked by that.

64354_10150699846726151_20544722_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom