It may be Time | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

It may be Time

You know the players went on strike at least twice and maybe three times in preseason over the lack of COVID testing, right?

You also know that a bunch of players opted out, and not all of them did it preseason, like Cisco, for example.

Do you think that points to things being well behind the scenes? The body language of the players during games is not very good.

Dawson is the only official Covid sit. Who's the rest of the "bunch"?

Adams and Howard left for their reasons, might be Covid, might seeing their playing time was threatened, maybe they saw that it made no sense to put wear on the tires for them, who knows.

Are you saying three = "a bunch"?

Cisco tweaked his knee, what does that have to do with anything except he's not going to put his draft status further in jeopardy. The guy is a lock to get drafted, what does that have to do with "trouble behind closed doors"?

Yeah Jackson left what last January, any other early declarees last year?

Kids aren't stupid, with all the injuries they aren't really competitive, it's a developmental year with 11 for this team scrimmages.

Last edited:
They redid it the next year. You remember that, right?
Yes, right up to the level of the new Liverpool HS locker room. Fantastic, it is no longer pre historic. Are you aware of what other far far lesser schools than Syracuse University have for locker rooms?

Yes, right up to the level of the new Liverpool HS locker room. Fantastic, it is no longer pre historic. Are you aware of what other far far lesser schools than Syracuse University have for locker rooms?
This is another thing that drives me nuts. I get not having a mini golf course, 5 star accompdations, etc., like Oregon, Clemson, and (probably) Alabama have, but I feel like a locker room is cheap to snazz up.

I get not going all the way to LSU, where they have weird sleeping pods for some reason (that reason is purely to show recruits ... there's no way anyone has slept on one of those, ever). We probably don't have the space, and expanding the actual room irself is probably hard/expensive. But paint, carpeting, LED lights, and a coupld or projectors can go a long way, and they're cheap. I get that 99% of kids aren't going to be swayed by LED lights, but 1% is one extra talented kid on the team (assuming ~20-25 kids a year for 4-5 years), which is a huge difference.

We don't have the cash that Alabama does, so we can't go toe to toe, but we can at least grab the low-hanging fruit, especially sicne we spread the cost over football, lax, and basketball. (I assume we use the same locker rooms for all 3 sports.)

This is another thing that drives me nuts. I get not having a mini golf course, 5 star accompdations, etc., like Oregon, Clemson, and (probably) Alabama have, but I feel like a locker room is cheap to snazz up.

I get not going all the way to LSU, where they have weird sleeping pods for some reason (that reason is purely to show recruits ... there's no way anyone has slept on one of those, ever). We probably don't have the space, and expanding the actual room irself is probably hard/expensive. But paint, carpeting, LED lights, and a coupld or projectors can go a long way, and they're cheap. I get that 99% of kids aren't going to be swayed by LED lights, but 1% is one extra talented kid on the team (assuming ~20-25 kids a year for 4-5 years), which is a huge difference.

We don't have the cash that Alabama does, so we can't go toe to toe, but we can at least grab the low-hanging fruit, especially sicne we spread the cost over football, lax, and basketball. (I assume we use the same locker rooms for all 3 sports.)

Are you talking the Dome or the football complex where they spend most of their time?

Are you talking the Dome or the football complex where they spend most of their time?

There is only so much they can do with the dome locker-room. They don't practice there anymore, doesn't make sense to drop any more money there than necessary. They use it six or seven times a year.

The money has to go into the football complex.

Last edited:
Both. The stuff is cheap, and the point is to sell an image, not better store helmets. (But I was referencing the Dome specifically when I mentioned spreading the cost.)

The first video that I saw of the LSU locker room reveal had some player repeating “this is why LSU” because they gave him a (almost) glorified KLM transatlantic business class airline seat. The school then got to put the video clip on Twitter and YouTube for countless recruits to see. I’m not saying we raid desert junkyards for old airline parts. I am, however, saying we should win the low effort, high RoI part of the arms race, and I’m not thoroughly convinced that we are. (Albeit in complete fairness, I think we’re doing way better than we were.)

1604274182293.jpeg

Both. The stuff is cheap, and the point is to sell an image, not better store helmets. (But I was referencing the Dome specifically when I mentioned spreading the cost.)

The first video that I saw of the LSU locker room reveal had some player repeating “this is why LSU” because they gave him a (almost) glorified KLM transatlantic business class airline seat. The school then got to put the video clip on Twitter and YouTube for countless recruits to see. I’m not saying we raid desert junkyards for old airline parts. I am, however, saying we should win the low effort, high RoI part of the arms race, and I’m not thoroughly convinced that we are. (Albeit in complete fairness, I think we’re doing way better than we were.)

View attachment 190352

Manley got redone and I would expect something new coming as well. It's currently fine, not insane.

Hopefully those LSU kids took comfort in those seats after the beatdown Auburn just gave them.

Manley got redone and I would expect something new coming as well. It's currently fine, not insane.

Hopefully those LSU kids took comfort in those seats after the beatdown Auburn just gave them.
I’m sure they took comfort in them last year when they won the title.

Sure look a lot different without a one year transfer QB from Ohio State.
They do. But if you give us lee way for a new coordinator then you have to give them some too. I’d still take a lot of their players on our team. Would you

They do. But if you give us lee way for a new coordinator then you have to give them some too. I’d still take a lot of their players on our team. Would you

Those players would win more here than with Eddie O. Not sure 85 deep south kids would come to Syracuse.

I was more about diminishing returns on some of the toys. That airplane thing looks pretty dumb.

That’s my point. I can understand being late to an IPF. I can understand being late to special turf for practice fields. I don’t get not knocking socks off with locker rooms. You sell the sizzle, especially when it’s cheap. No recruit ever said “awesome practice field turf!” Recruits have been wowed by IPF’s, but they’re expensive. Locker rooms grab attention, and they’re cheap. Winning that battle is a must have.

Fixing the outside of the Dome (different, but related rant lol) is the same. It’s a high visibility area with what should be a cheap fix.

Those players would win more here than with Eddie O. Not sure 85 deep south kids would come to Syracuse.

I was more about diminishing returns on some of the toys. That airplane thing looks pretty dumb.
Oh, it is dumb, but those 85 Deep South kids who we’d kill to get wearing Orange were excited about them.

It’s all sales, and we aren’t the audience. 17 year old kids are.

Last edited:
That’s my point. I can understand being late to an IPF. I can understand being late to special turf for practice fields. I don’t get not knocking socks off with locker rooms. You sell the sizzle, especially when it’s cheap. No recruit ever said “awesome practice field turf!” Recruits have been wowed by IPF’s, but they’re expensive. Locker rooms grab attention, and they’re cheap. Winning that battle is a must have.

Fixing the outside of the Dome (different, but related rant lol) is the same. It’s a high visibility area with what should be a cheap fix.

The Manley thing is fixed space. Until they build something more they did the best with what they had.

They don't publicly announce it.
We're down about 1/3 of our total roster, right?
Are you telling me that no one else opted out?

3 opt outs.

A couple of D's (Goulbourne and Munoz). I haven't spotted them with the injured players on the bench. Don't know if they dress but just don't play.

And Clarke.

Everyone else is accounted for.

0​
McKinley WilliamsDLPlayed
2​
Ifeatu MelifonwuDBPlayed
3​
Taj HarrisWRPlayed
4​
Nykeim JohnsonWRPlayed
5​
Chris ElmoreOLPlayed
6​
Trill WilliamsDBPlayed
7​
Andre CiscoDBPlayed until Injured
9​
Kingsley JonathanDLPlayed
10​
Adrian ColeDBPlayed
11​
Dillon MarkiewiczQBDressed - Redshirt
11​
Ja'Had CarterDBPlayed
11​
Devon ClarkeDB???
12​
Latarie KinslerDLInjured
12​
Russell Thompson-BishopWRPlayed
13​
Mikel JonesLBPlayed
13​
Tommy DeVitoQBPlayed until Injured
14​
Garrett WilliamsDBPlayed
14​
Anthony QueeleyWRPlayed
15​
JaCobian MorganQBPlayed
15​
Neil NunnDBPlayed until Injured
16​
Leon LoweryDLPlayed
16​
David SummersQBDressed
17​
Steve LintonDLPlayed
17​
Rex CulpepperQBPlayed
18​
Edward HendrixWRPlayed
19​
Rob HannaDBPlayed
19​
Sharod JohnsonWRPlayed
20​
Cam JonasDBPlayed
21​
Lee KpogbaLBPlayed
22​
Markenzy PierreRBPlayed
23​
Abdul AdamsRBOpt Out
24​
Anwar SparrowLBRedshirt
24​
Cooper LutzRBPlayed
25​
Jawhar JordanRBPlayed until Injured
26​
Aman GreenwoodDBPlayed
27​
Stefon ThompsonLBPlayed
28​
Ben LabrosseDBPlayed
28​
Jarveon HowardRBOpt Out
29​
Trebor PenaRBPlayed
31​
Geoff Cantin-ArkuLBPlayed
32​
Marlowe Wax Jr.LBPlayed
34​
Sean TuckerRBPlayed until Injured
34​
Eric ColeyDBPlayed until Injured
35​
Chase AtkinsonDBRedshirt
42​
Tyrell RichardsLBPlayed
47​
Maximilian MangTEPlayed
51​
Anthony RedOLInjured
52​
Carlos VettorelloOLPlayed
52​
Curtis HarperDLPlayed
53​
Garth BarclayOLPlayed
55​
Josh IlaoaOLPlayed
56​
Darius TisdaleOLPlayed
57​
Dakota DavisOLInjured
60​
Matthew BergeronOLPlayed
61​
Joe RondiDLInjured
67​
Chris BleichOLInjured - NCAA
68​
Airon ServaisOLPlayed
69​
Patrick DavisOLPlayed until Injured
70​
Willem FroumyOLInjured
72​
Mark PetryOLPlayed
76​
Qadir WhiteOLInjured
80​
Isaiah JonesWRPlayed
81​
Justin BarronWRPlayed
82​
Damien AlfordWRPlayed
85​
Courtney JacksonWRPlayed
85​
Josh BlackDLPlayed
86​
Ja'Vontae WilliamsWRPlayed
87​
Luke BensonTEPlayed
88​
Steven Mahar Jr.TEPlayed
88​
Andrew TuazamaDLPlayed
89​
Aaron HackettTEPlayed
90​
Ishmael GoulbourneLB???
91​
Andre SzmytKPlayed
92​
Jason MunozDL???
93​
Caleb OkechukwuDLPlayed
94​
Kevin LemieuxDLRedshirt
95​
Cooper DawsonDLOpt Out
97​
Cody RoscoeDLPlayed
98​
James WilliamsPRedshirt
99​
Zach MortonDLPlayed

The Manley thing is fixed space. Until they build something more they did the best with what they had.
And their best wasn’t good enough in my eyes.

I’ve explicitly addressed being understanding about space. I completely get not having a special 6 hour flight simulator for every kid. That requires a significant (expensive) investment. I get that. I don’t get getting blown away by MAC schools.

Honestly, there’s a South American prison that’s thanking their lucky stars that they don’t have our facilities.

And their best wasn’t good enough in my eyes.

I’ve explicitly addressed being understanding about space. I completely get not having a special 6 hour flight simulator for every kid. That requires a significant (expensive) investment. I get that. I don’t get getting blown away by MAC schools.

Honestly, there’s a South American prison that’s thanking their lucky stars that they don’t have our facilities.

Have you ever been in there? They can cut the team in half and have really nice space like hoop and lax.

They have rows because there isn't enough space for the circular locker room.

Our biggest and yet least posted about issue is that the region doesn't produce program players anymore.

Amen to that!

It's also why I'm so annoyed with the Dome exterior. I feel like a relatively small investment (covering up the rollercoaster) would lead to a HUGE percieved imporvement in facilities, which we desperately need. There are times to go cheap, and that isn't it. The cost-reward ratio is far too favorable.

EDIT: We probably also need to come up with some kind of wrap to go around the outside, as the walls will now clash with basicallyanything that we put on top due to a 40(!) year difference in age.

There is not recruit who gives a about what the outside of the dome looks like. When people talk about facilities, they are talking about locker rooms, weight rooms, athlete lounge areas, living facilities, etc...

There is not recruit who gives a about what the outside of the dome looks like. When people talk about facilities, they are talking about locker rooms, weight rooms, athlete lounge areas, living facilities, etc...
Tell that to every school that’s good at football. They all disagree.

These guys might agree with you, though:
1604285104959.jpeg

...until they built something that doesn’t look like it marched out of a circus and subsequently joined a power conference.

But prove me wrong. Find a handful of elite school stadiums that look like they got lost at the Iowa state fair.

Have you ever been in there? They can cut the team in half and have really nice space like hoop and lax.

They have rows because there isn't enough space for the circular locker room.

Our biggest and yet least posted about issue is that the region doesn't produce program players anymore.
Good Lord, Syracuse’s lack of local talent is covered ad nauseam. How you’re concluding that it’s lightly posted is an absolute mystery to me. In fact, I’ll go on record as being thoroughly impressed if you can find a single post from any poster ever who has suggested that upstate NY is a rich recruiting area for football.

Also, if you’re myopic enough to not grasp that we can beat MAC locker rooms without expanding, then I’m not sure what to say other than you have a bright future in bookkeeping.

Last edited:
Good Lord, Syracuse’s lack of local talent is covered ad nauseam. How you’re concluding that it’s lightly posted is an absolute mystery to me. In fact, I’ll go on record as being thoroughly impressed if you can find a single post from any poster ever who has suggested that upstate NY is a rich recruiting area for football.

Also, if you’re myopic enough to not grasp that we can beat MAC locker rooms without expanding, then I’m not sure what to say other than you have a bright future in bookkeeping.
Buffalo and Rochester have decent talent now and then; unfortunately most of those players end up someplace like Pitt.

Buffalo and Rochester have decent talent now and then; unfortunately most of those players end up someplace like Pitt.

Always bugs me when Pitt gets good players from the Buffalo area

View attachment 190318
3 years ago, you wanted to be his fluffer...

So...were you clueless then? Clueless now? Or has your "expert" football opinion "evolved"?

Curious board denizens would like to know...

And to be clear, he is far from the only poster who wanted to lock him up for life 3 years ago and now wants to fire him...
lol, things change bro! It ain't 2017 anymore

So dino is going to have 2 losing seasons a bowl season (10 wins) and 2 more losing seasons including more than likely a 1-2 win season, if dino doesn't make a bowl next season he has nothing to sell, can't go two losing seasons then make a bowl and then go 3 losing seasons. But if they go say 5-7 get an upset ranked win and look like the teams from his first 3 years, depending on his contract- whether he deserves it or not he could be back for year 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom