It was fun while it lasted...PRACTICES CLOSED UNTIL PSU | Syracusefan.com

It was fun while it lasted...PRACTICES CLOSED UNTIL PSU

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia 5m
It is certainly Shafer's right to close practice, but it's not like we get to see much. It's basically a lot of drills in media time.

We'll see what Shafer says about it tonight at his media availability (6:40 p.m.)

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13

Scott Shafer shuts down practice to the media. Every practice closed from now until the season opener on Aug. 31.
yeah Mike, keep printing unfounded rumors and see what it gets you.

absolutely...cohen and crew ruined this for everyone. bastards

Not really. Shaf would had closed them anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is certainly Shafer's right to close practice, but it's not like we get to see much. It's basically a lot of drills in media time.

We'll see what Shafer says about it tonight at his media availability (6:40 p.m.)

Well you get to see who's injured you dofus and then you report if they are present, in shorts, in shells, riding a bike, walking around, limping around, stretching, participating, etc etc whatever...

This is the part where the media whines - forgetting that coaches jobs and players futures are on the line.

Get ready for some more Cohen opinion pieces.

Well you get to see who's injured you dofus and then you report if they are present, in shorts, in shells, riding a bike, walking around, limping around, stretching, participating, etc etc whatever...

same... PS was way to descriptive of statuses for my liking

I don't mind the closed practice. Let the team do what they need to do. Time to buckle down and prepare the game plan for PSU. It's right around the corner now! I can't wait.

same... PS was way to descriptive of statuses for my liking
I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember such descriptive injury reports from the PS in previous years. I'm sure that's why Dave Rahme had such good access; he knew what to report and when to keep quiet.

It sounds like SU is handling the communication on this quite badly.

Just say it's in the best interest of the team that we're closing practice. From Sue Edson: "We have a responsibility to make sure any injury that's out there does not influence the betting lines"

Ummm, what?!?

Just close the practices. Everyone does. Be done with it. If people want to somehow use that lack of communication to get angry and not attend games, well guess what, they probably weren't going to the games anyway.