It's A Small World After All (Disney / Fox Merger)... | Syracusefan.com

It's A Small World After All (Disney / Fox Merger)...

... 19 years earlier

The-Simpsons.png

In 2005 they were nine domestic airlines that did the most business in the US today there are four.

In related stories .. Syracuse and Georgetown to form co-basketball team

This has been a problem under every administration over the past 50+ years. The Sherman Act appears to have no bearing anymore. Seems like with each one of these mergers, a small bone is thrown to the consumers, but for the most part, the consumer continues to get screwed while big business and their shareholders benefit.

In 2005 they were nine domestic airlines that did the most business in the US today there are four.

Market distillation has been going on forever. From the early 1900s until the 1930s there were over 1500 auto manufacturers in the us. Today you can count them on one hand (excluding specialty companies like Ariel.)

The corporate tax break is going to make this much much worse. My company is going to go nuts with more acquisition, which is what I see most publicly traded companies will be doing.

Be ready for small business to go poof.

Disney buys 21st Century Fox: Who gets what

Disney is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox.
The $52.4 billion deal will combine two of the biggest players in Hollywood.

Disney gets:

• 20th Century Fox, Fox 2000, Fox Searchlight movie and television studios

• Majority control (60%) of Hulu

• Several big movie franchises, including X-Men, Avatar and Deadpool

• Major TV franchises, including The Simpsons, This Is Us and Modern Family

• International media businesses, including 350 channels in 170 countries, Star India and 39% of the European pay-TV operator Sky

• FX and National Geographic Partners

• Fox's regional sports networks, including YES

• $13.7 billion of Fox's debt

• An estimated $2 billion in cost savings

• Bob Iger's contract extended through 2021

Fox gets:

• 25% of Disney shares

• $8.5 billion cash dividend from the spun-off company

Fox's spinoff company keeps:

• Fox broadcasting

• Fox News

• Fox Business News

• FS1 & FS2 sports networks

• Big Ten Network

CNNMoney (New York) First published December 14, 2017: 7:52 AM ET

To me this reads as Fox is getting out of cable entertainment channels and going all in with their screaming fear based channels (FS1, Fox News, etc)

Disney wanted to join the Marvel universe together and thinks it can save ESPN by turning the fox regionals into espn1-100.

Bad news for FX. I don't have high hopes. Disney will be sure to put their family friendly stink on their edgier shows (Its always sunny, horror story)

Those 9 weren't profitable consistently, so that was going to change.

Also, their costs (security, fuel) kept going up.

Now they are consistently profitable.

it was inevitable

And to think it all started with a $%$ing cartoon mouse.
That's been protected for nearly a century by a rule that was meant to protect works for 20 years.

deal brings in a lot of properties, including The X-Men, fantastic 4, and Deadpool.
So the Fans have gotten the MCU they deserve.

And to think it all started with a $%$ing cartoon mouse.
Walt Disney always said something to that effect to his employees as a reminder it was all supposed to be about fun. "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom