Will Judah run it back again? (again) | Syracusefan.com

Will Judah run it back again? (again)

Red2003

Scout Team
One silver lining of "potentially" not seeing the tourney (I'm not giving up yet btw) is that Judah may actually be forced back. He's gotta show in February for the NBA scouts that he can lead a team to wins over the middle of the ACC. It's one thing losing to Tenn/Duke/UNC/VA with a Soph squad on the road but not getting it done against the BC's and middle of the pack is only gonna hurt this time of year. I don't use alot of draft sites but the top 100 nbadraft.net board has him slid all the way down to #100 of 100.

There's been some inconsistencies in his game we've all seen. On the other hand he may still end up at the top of the ACC in scoring which is no small feat and that may be enough to offset any NBA concerns.

Who knows, but with the state of NIL and Syracuse opening up the checkbook recently, a big bag of NIL may do the trick for a Jr year run back. Thoughts?

He should come back because he will make more money, but I don't think he will becuase he will want to chase his dream. Some NBA Exec is going to look at him in the second round and say "we can mould him into a star"

I’m not sure what’s going to happen, but IF he stays in college, I think it will still be here wearing Orange. I know his Gramps hinted at a possible transfer to a “contender”, but to be honest I don’t see a solid team bringing in a shoot first/ball stoping point guard to lead their team. I would assume a solid squad would want an Elliot Cudeau (UNC) type facilitator leading the way

This should be an interesting thread.
Let It Happen GIF by Rooster Teeth

I don't see a world where he is a player for Syracuse next season.

He could make more NIL money than G League money, so I wouldn’t be shocked if he came back. A transfer doesn’t seem like it would be in the cards, but you never know.

He could make more NIL money than G League money, so I wouldn’t be shocked if he came back. A transfer doesn’t seem like it would be in the cards, but you never know.
This was exactly my thought. A hard path to actually playing in the NBA with a 2 way deal or G-League doesn't feel like that's how he wants to go. Who else on our bball squad are we really paying big time NIL money to.

Also the Jesse thing is just not going to happen again. If Judah really wanted to try a different school it wouldn't be because of the money, we would match it.

Just scrolling through, Looks like an pretty much 50/50 split on if people think he is back in Orange next year or leaving.

Also Looks like zero optimism that he'll be playing in the league as a highly sought after Draft pick.

This was exactly my thought. A hard path to actually playing in the NBA with a 2 way deal or G-League doesn't feel like that's how he wants to go. Who else on our bball squad are we really paying big time NIL money to.

Also the Jesse thing is just not going to happen again. If Judah really wanted to try a different school it wouldn't be because of the money, we would match it.

I honestly didn’t even think about him transferring for a bag like Jesse. Like you said, though, I don’t see that happening. I think capable centers are at a premium much more so than non-shooting, ball-dominant PGs.

I hope not, whether Judah goes to the NBA or not, we need to move on.

Judah will make money at basketball next year. Which step he and his family will decide is what situation will get him to the NBA.
He will likely enter the draft and get more feedback. At worst, he has shown the ability to expand his game and take coaching. I have been very impressed with his rebounding. Sharing is not natural for him, as he is such a gifted scorer.
If he feels he has NBA athleticism, he should go.
If he went and didn’t get drafted at all (unlikely, I think), then he could pick the best team for him among any suitors he might have.

I hope not, whether Judah goes to the NBA or not, we need to move on.
So you're good to go with JJ/Cope/Moore/Cuffe/Westry running it the back court next year?

Judah will make money at basketball next year. Which step he and his family will decide is what situation will get him to the NBA.
He will likely enter the draft and get more feedback. At worst, he has shown the ability to expand his game and take coaching. I have been very impressed with his rebounding. Sharing is not natural for him, as he is such a gifted scorer.
If he feels he has NBA athleticism, he should go.
If he went and didn’t get drafted at all (unlikely, I think), then he could pick the best team for him among any suitors he might have.
Not how it works. He can't wait until draft night and if his name isn't called come back and pick a different college team to play.

If by suitors you mean G-League or 2 Way deals then that's not how it really works either, it's not going to be like ordering off a menu what team he picks.

Not how it works. He can't wait until draft night and if his name isn't called come back and pick a different college team to play.

If by suitors you mean G-League or 2 Way deals then that's not how it really works either, it's not going to be like ordering off a menu what team he picks.

That’s not what he was saying. He was saying Judah will put his name in and go through the draft evaluation process, then decide if he wants to stay in the draft or go back to college. If he stays in the draft, he’ll be going to the G-League either by the team that drafts him or if he goes undrafted.

One silver lining of "potentially" not seeing the tourney (I'm not giving up yet btw) is that Judah may actually be forced back. He's gotta show in February for the NBA scouts that he can lead a team to wins over the middle of the ACC. It's one thing losing to Tenn/Duke/UNC/VA with a Soph squad on the road but not getting it done against the BC's and middle of the pack is only gonna hurt this time of year. I don't use alot of draft sites but the top 100 nbadraft.net board has him slid all the way down to #100 of 100.

There's been some inconsistencies in his game we've all seen. On the other hand he may still end up at the top of the ACC in scoring which is no small feat and that may be enough to offset any NBA concerns.

Who knows, but with the state of NIL and Syracuse opening up the checkbook recently, a big bag of NIL may do the trick for a Jr year run back. Thoughts?
I don't think Judah is going to sniff the NBA.

He's not good enough yet. His ego gets in the way. He drives the lane to get fouled and then can't make his foul shots.

He better play another year at SU and practice shooting 3's. He's very selfish at times and that's not good for NBA scouts.

I do not think he belongs in the NBA yet - unless they think he's even good enough to play in the G League.

I don't think Judah is going to sniff the NBA.

He's not good enough yet. His ego gets in the way. He drives the lane to get fouled and then can't make his foul shots.

He better play another year at SU and practice shooting 3's. He's very selfish at times and that's not good for NBA scouts.

I do not think he belongs in the NBA yet - unless they think he's even good enough to play in the G League.
He’s a 77% FT shooter. While not elite, it’s very far from the realm of bad.

I would love to pretend I know for certain he's not coming back, but I have no inside info on this. Until some fact comes out, I'd love to have him back. He's a phenomenal player, but not anywhere near ready for the NBA.

Yes, the team needs to grow, and if Judah comes back it will again be about Judah. He isn't Sherm, or any of our other point guards and never will be.
Judah is a very good player. I wish the rest of the team was as good as he is. I hope he comes back but I think his heart is set on going to the NBA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom