Its about making shots | Syracusefan.com

Its about making shots

In my view most important, is creating good looks -- sometimes your missing a lot of shots because you are not running a great offence. Of course sometimes your offence is executing except for the final delivery. Its a little bit of both, and I don't think we have been great at either recently.

They didn't make shots against Maryland either. They are struggling shooting just like us. Should be interesting Saturday.

When NC switched to zone it messed Duke up. They went to a 3-2 then switched yo a 1-3-1. Great coaching move by Roy Boy who I normally think is a horrable coach.

It is absolutely about making shots and if you cant shoot the 3 ball in CBB, its struggle city. Our staff definitely recognizes that. Welcome...

BJ Johnson
Malachi Richardson
Tyler Lydon

Next year could be another year like this one because im not sure on McCulloughs range and if Roberson will develop a shot over the summer. My guess is BJJ becomes the next James Southerland, as in his role on the team.

JB has pointed out that when the ball goes in the hoop, it makes him a better coach.

Right? All this talk this week about how we can get out of this slump, what offensive sets we are running, etc means nothing. Just put the damn ball in the basket and that solves everything. Its not like we are missing difficult shots.

Marsh01 said:
Right? All this talk this week about how we can get out of this slump, what offensive sets we are running, etc means nothing. Just put the damn ball in the basket and that solves everything. Its not like we are missing difficult shots.
i agree completely and made the same point elsewhere ... Make the damn shot!

It is absolutely about making shots and if you cant shoot the 3 ball in CBB, its struggle city. Our staff definitely recognizes that. Welcome...

BJ Johnson
Malachi Richardson
Tyler Lydon

Next year could be another year like this one because im not sure on McCulloughs range and if Roberson will develop a shot over the summer. My guess is BJJ becomes the next James Southerland, as in his role on the team.
I think Johnson has a chance to be a really big part of next year's team.

I make the joke all the time about how the key to the game is outscoring the other team, and I agree we do need to make shots. That said, I do think our sets are stagnant and rely way too much on CJ, and we'll make more shots if we work harder to get Cooney and Rak more involved and spread the shoots around a little better.

"This game has always been, and will always be, about making buckets." - Bill Russell

This reminds of a pitching coach going out to talk to a pitcher that is walking guys and can't find the plate. Throw strikes the coach says. Really replies the pitcher, I didn't realize that would help.

My point is yes, sometimes shots don't drop and as long as you put yourself in the best position to succeed, you're going to be alright. It's about putting yourself in that position along with use of your mechanics. That to me is part of the problem.

Is not enough passing the problem, also? The 2010 team did best when it passed more. We could probably use some passing from CJ for one. Sometimes good passing leads to dunks. Did we have any dunks in the BC game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom