It's amazing what POS coaches both Hurley brothers are | Syracusefan.com

It's amazing what POS coaches both Hurley brothers are

I remember their father was some sort of legendary HS coach.

I wonder if he was a clown on the sidelines as well and that is where they are getting it from.
Or do they cause him shame with their antics?

I remember their father was some sort of legendary HS coach.

I wonder if he was a clown on the sidelines as well and that is where they are getting it from.
Or do they cause him shame with their antics?

Great coach, super generous man. He literally kept St. Anthony’s open for many years by donating his time at camps and other events in return for donations to St. Anthony’s.

Now, as far as his style, I suggest you read The Miracle if St. Anthony - a book about a season in the life of Bob Hurley Sr. Long story short, the apples seem to have fallen quite close to the tree.

Last edited:
They are passionate and sometimes over the top but I wouldn’t call them a PoS….that is pretty strong language

No it isn't -- he's a lousy coach. VCU exposed how to defend us, and to not enable our team of shooters to get on track. Any coach worth their salt would have utilized that same blueprint and attacked us with full court pressure.

Bobby Hurley didn't. Because he's a lousy coach. And so is his brother.

Was great to see him lose his marbles for a goaltend after Jesse had that clean as can be block

Yeah, he looked like he was about to pop an aneurysm or stroke out on that play.

Dude - you were screened by the players, it was as clean a block as it gets.

Sit your whiny arse down and shut the front door.

Anyone know if there's a compilation video of Bobby "Baby" Hurley going off?
It would be very entertaining.

Come on people, do remember, our head coach is Jim Boeheim. Lets stay real.

Hurley bros make me want to hurl. So glad both of them lost at the same tourney and glad UCONN lost too.

Come on people, do remember, our head coach is Jim Boeheim. Lets stay real.
Eh, Boeheim doesn’t do nearly what the Hurley’s, or a lot of these other coaches do: scream over every single call that goes against them.

Boeheim goes nuts on occasion - when he has a case. He’s not a volume shooter like the Hurley’s. Bobby picking that play to go nuts about made no sense. Clean block.

Eh, Boeheim doesn’t do nearly what the Hurley’s, or a lot of these other coaches do: scream over every single call that goes against them.

Boeheim goes nuts on occasion - when he has a case. He’s not a volume shooter like the Hurley’s. Bobby picking that play to go nuts about made no sense. Clean block.
Yeah, during a game, you're right. It appeared Hurley was complaining non stop last night. I was referring more to Boeheim's antics during pressers, how he sometimes treats the media and even his own players at times.

Agree. Some coaches need to learn the concept of "pick your spots."

Did you see at the end of game JB and BH just kind of walked past each other with sort of a low five no words no exchange of pleasantry? Is that due to COVID to be distancing or do they no like each other? Did they have a pregame huddle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom