Its like an NIT game here... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Its like an NIT game here...

Feel bad for rak but i suppose hes earned himself some $$ this year

A lot of season ticket holders are sitting this one out. Gives you a chance to see who the real fans are...

Sorry I drove a little over 200 miles for work today and have a full slate of hearings in the morning. Guess I'm not a real fan.

CaptainJ said:
I could assume this might be true for a certain percentage, but I'd guess that is from the majority, and likely those students aren't the type who would be inclined to go to too many games.

Oy, who cares, it's a 9pm against a crappy opponent on a Tuesday night. If anyone has better things to do that's their business.

Some of you are insane.

One of the most exciting games of the season, at least for late second half. Im not knocking long drivers, but those who didnt go because of the opponent.

I'm going going to drive 5 hours on a Tuesday night to watch Virginia Tech play basketball, and I couldn't give the tickets away, despite my best efforts. I don't blame ANYONE who didn't want to go tonight.

If that makes me a bad fan, so be it.

Yeah, shame on SU and the conferences for allowing this kind of tip time. It's bad enough we've got all these ridiculous Tuesday games (Monday nights without Syracuse basketball take some getting used to), but it's insulting to the fanbase to have a 9:05 tip against the worst team in the league.

And, yes, I ate my tickets last night for the first time ever (and couldn't find anyone willing to use them).

It's like a NIT game from where I am sitting too, which is nowhere near the dome.

It looked bad from my seat in Vermont as well. Lots of empty seats in the lower levels doesn't translate well on TV.

Speaking of TV, anyone else think ESPNU has some bad HD cameras? At least for the regular shot of the whole floor?

Not surprised.

What's with the 9pm starts? 8 million outlets and they have to schedule games in Siberia at 9pm. People in Rochester, Bingo, Watertown and Utica don't want to START heading home at 11pm in the middle of winter around here.

flipping stupid.
And Albany. This has been the least friendly travel schedule in a long time. Last year was great. This year sucks. It's too bad but you can't even give tickets away.

A lot of season ticket holders are sitting this one out. Gives you a chance to see who the real fans are...
I would agree as it applies to any locals. Out of towners it's too tough. For me it was great as other than weekend games this type game is the only ones I can make getting out of work too late in my line of work to make anything else. This was fun, had a choice of tons of tickets from people yesterday and we saw a, well not a gem, but still an incredible ending. Still can't believe they pulled that one out.

Funny thing is, all you guys who ate your tickets may have forfeited your last chance to see a win in the dome this year.

I suspect some might be doing schoolwork. Like, you know, for the reason they're in school.

Right. Doing schoolwork from 9-11 PM. As if there aren't 22 other hours in the day where they could do their schoolwork. Time management.

If we had a passionate student fanbase, they would've been there. We don't.

Not surprised.

What's with the 9pm starts? 8 million outlets and they have to schedule games in Siberia at 9pm. People in Rochester, Bingo, Watertown and Utica don't want to START heading home at 11pm in the middle of winter around here.

flipping stupid.

I'm one of the Utica season ticket holders who decided last night was the one to miss. Getting home past midnight and getting to a meeting at the office at 7:30 this morning made the decision easy. Fortunately, my relatives living in Syracuse wanted the tickets and were able to take my place.

They, however, left with 6 minutes remaining in the game. They have been informed they can no longer ever take my tickets.

Right. Doing schoolwork from 9-11 PM. As if there aren't 22 other hours in the day where they could do their schoolwork. Time management.

If we had a passionate student fanbase, they would've been there. We don't.

I agree wednesday night was drinking in the dorms night at UB. Sun-wed afternoon is school work time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom