Its okay... | Syracusefan.com

Its okay...

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
that a top 5 team is better than us. Its okay that they have better players than SU. Our guys did their best. If this is the right coach, we will get better over time. Lets not throw our kids under the bus, for losing to a better team. Sometimes, the other guys are better. Its that easy.

If I were at the game, I think after that 91 yard touchdown pass, I would have stood up, tipped my cap to the Clemson section, and said "yeah, I got nothing, I'll be at the bar". I mean that was just flat out ridiculous.

The two TD passes to the backup WR in the 1st quarter were a bit infuriating though. It was as if our strategy from either the players or coaches was let the white kid beat us all day. Well, he did. No one should be that open. Twice. In the same quarter. Wasn't him beating a DB, it was him completely unaccounted for.

If I were at the game, I think after that 91 yard touchdown pass, I would have stood up, tipped my cap to the Clemson section, and said "yeah, I got nothing, I'll be at the bar". I mean that was just flat out ridiculous.

The two TD passes to the backup WR in the 1st quarter were a bit infuriating though. It was as if our strategy from either the players or coaches was let the white kid beat us all day. Well, he did. No one should be that open. Twice. In the same quarter. Wasn't him beating a DB, it was him completely unaccounted for.

That play doesn't happen against our previous opponents. This is a whole other level.

that a top 5 team is better than us. Its okay that they have better players than SU. Our guys did their best. If this is the right coach, we will get better over time. Lets not throw our kids under the bus, for losing to a better team. Sometimes, the other guys are better. Its that easy.

I get this. But honestly, if we can never compete at the highest level, than why even bother? I don't know, maybe I am too down after this loss, but this was a humiliating game to be at. From my 50yd line seat I got a good view of the entire field, there players were moving twice as fast as ours. Its kind of demoralizing. ANOTHER rebuilding year. We're at game 5, at already thinking about next year.

The irrational posts on the board are maddening.

For two weeks, Hunt was a world beater and "Heisman" material, but for sure the next guy. Now we suck because we lost to the #3 team in the country.

PICK A LANE.

Most folks on the prediction thread had us between 5-7 and 7-5. At this point we have lost to the #3 and the #14 team in the country and lost by 6 points to PSU. But completly destroyed our two other opponents. I believe we are what we thought we are.

FWIW Adam Humphries is not a back up.
He is a 6'1" White guy but was a high 3 star ut of Dorman and has started for us all year.
He is a legit 4.50 guy who has crept into the 4.49 range down hill with a tail wind.

I get this. But honestly, if we can never compete at the highest level, than why even bother? I don't know, maybe I am too down after this loss, but this was a humiliating game to be at. From my 50yd line seat I got a good view of the entire field, there players were moving twice as fast as ours. Its kind of demoralizing. ANOTHER rebuilding year. We're at game 5, at already thinking about next year.

He didn't say we would NEVER beat Clemson. We aren't there this year though. and no i'm not thinking about next year. We can make a bowl this year. That should be the goal.

I think there were plays that you can attribute to talent like the 94 yard td and plays you can attribute to piss poor planning and coaching... Certain plays I can live with, I would have much preferred the slow death type of approach than the safety biting like my Labrador retriever with the fake throw of his tennis ball.

Our D BACKS look like over eager water dogs at this point. CALM THE F DOWN AND PLAY THE GAME. What.

didn't expect to win, knew Clemson was a much better team but not pleased with what I saw from the secondary or wide receivers at all.

For two weeks, Hunt was a world beater and "Heisman" material, but for sure the next guy. Now we suck because we lost to the #3 team in the country.

PICK A LANE.

Most folks on the prediction thread had us between 5-7 and 7-5. At this point we have lost to the #3 and the #14 team in the country and lost by 6 points to PSU. But completly destroyed our two other opponents. I believe we are what we thought we are.

This is right on. We knew we were not as good as Clemson, and we were not. The only question was can we better than them that day, at home? The answer was no. I'm okay with that.

The question for the remainder of the season is the same one we started with: can we beat the mediocre and bad conference teams to get to a bowl, while improving and recruiting better?

Maybe. After a loss it feels like no. After a win it feels like yes. We'll see...

How did you feel in the 90's when we would get beat up by Miami every year?

How did you feel in the 70's and early 80's when we would get beat up by Penn State every year?

Eventually we'll get there.

I was hoping to see a little more from the coaches and from Hunt and I didn't get that. Not disappointed in the result I knew unless all the stars aligned that was going to be the out come but I am disappointed in the coaching and didn't see enough flashes from Hunt to have me sold that he is the QB for the next three years.

I was hoping to see a little more from the coaches and from Hunt and I didn't get that. Not disappointed in the result I knew unless all the stars aligned that was going to be the out come but I am disappointed in the coaching and didn't see enough flashes from Hunt to have me sold that he is the QB for the next three years.

All depends on where Hunt goes from here... Good things is we have the rest of the season to see what he can do, either he locks it down or leaves the door open.

All depends on where Hunt goes from here... Good things is we have the rest of the season to see what he can do, either he locks it down or leaves the door open.

I am more concerned about his arm than anything else. Not sure he has the arm to compete at the highest level (against FSU and Clemson). I thought his decision making was right on par with what I expect from such a young player.

Really disappointed in the 13 day game plan the coaches threw together. That has me alarmed that was the best they could come up with?

That play doesn't happen against our previous opponents. This is a whole other level.

Tajh was throwing the ball before the WR's were open but knowing and when and where they were going to be. Great field vision, great touch, and very much on the same page with all of his WR's. I expected him to be really good and walked away with him demolishing my expectations of him.

My buddy at the game with me is a Michigan fan and summed it perfectly by saying "that is a top 10 nfl pick throwing to a top 15 nfl pick" after the 91 yard TD. Boyd got crushed right after he delivered it, Watkins was a yard or 2 in front of the db at release, and 2 yards behind the db when the ball arrived hitting him perfectly in stride. All you can do is say well done. It's been a decade + since we saw that type of QB talent in the dome for either team.

This is right on. We knew we were not as good as Clemson, and we were not. The only question was can we better than them that day, at home? The answer was no. I'm okay with that.

The question for the remainder of the season is the same one we started with: can we beat the mediocre and bad conference teams to get to a bowl, while improving and recruiting better?

Maybe. After a loss it feels like no. After a win it feels like yes. We'll see...

Well and one of our bigger targets in a need position committed after this "humiliating" loss.

Just because Michael Spinks got knocked out by Tyson in seconds didnt mean he was a bad fighter, I believe he was holding a belt going into that fight. It just mean Iron Mike was a bad ass. Clemson is bad ass. Tajh Boyd is bad ass. If we get big boy"ed" by NC State, GT, BC, PITT, WAKE then we have issues. But we should probably go ahead and assume we will lose more games and will get smashed by FSU. Ok I'm done and as one poster let me know a while back I should know my role as I dont have a high enough post count to have an opinion .

PICK A LANE.

none of this is true.

aye yi yi

Against most of the teams on the schedule that is either a safety, int, or at worst an incompletion. ZJones was 1/2 a step away from a big play.

I think there were plays that you can attribute to talent like the 94 yard td and plays you can attribute to piss poor planning and coaching... Certain plays I can live with, I would have much preferred the slow death type of approach than the safety biting like my Labrador retriever with the fake throw of his tennis ball.

Our D BACKS look like over eager water dogs at this point. CALM THE F DOWN AND PLAY THE GAME. What.

didn't expect to win, knew Clemson was a much better team but not pleased with what I saw from the secondary or wide receivers at all.

They should have started the game passively rushing three and dropping eight in coverage instead of bringing a heavy rush AND having the safties playing run first.

We can win 8 games a year without competing at the "highest" level. I suspect that's our most likely ceiling anyway. It's fine.

PICK A LANE.

Who actually said Hunt was Heisman material and meant it? He had a nice start and outplayed Allen in the Wagner game and I think he more than earned his place as starter, but I don't recall anyone saying he has Heisman potential.

Other than that I completely agree with your post. No gimmes on the schedule but every game aside from FSU is winnable (and losable). Just have to find four wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom