It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I know the Bucks are just incredibly young, but their complete inability to close out games is so damn frustrating. This team is playing like a top 8 team in the NBA for 90% games but is hovering around .500 because of that last 10%.

Rose is done. Can't play anymore.

its one thing to not be able to play anymore. It's another thing to disappear completely off the radar a few hours before game time and end up in chicago when your team was playing in nyc.

Rose is saying it was due to a family matter back in Chicago. Guess we'll see as more details come to light.

Rose a no-show for Nawlins game tonight, mystery surrounding why, Carmelo gets tossed for third time this season, Anthony Davis goes for 40 and 18, not the Knicks' finest hour. Started to think they'd be better off going with Jennings.

Sources: Derrick Rose's game absence a surprise to Knicks

Trading for him was a disaster, thankfully its only for a year, Phil needs to retire to his cave in Montana.

Trading for him was a disaster, thankfully its only for a year, Phil needs to retire to his cave in Montana.

Anyone that's paid attention to the Bulls the last few years knew this was the case the moment it happened. Acquiring Rose and signing Noah to a long-term deal were both horrific moves, but at least Rose is an expiring contract.

Anyone that's paid attention to the Bulls the last few years knew this was the case the moment it happened. Acquiring Rose and signing Noah to a long-term deal were both horrific moves, but at least Rose is an expiring contract.

If only someone (ME) was against both of those moves from the start

The Gail Goodrich Lakers-Jazz trade is probably the worst of alltime just because it gave the Lakers Magic Johnson.

However Billy King giving the Celtics 3 unprotected First round picks for
Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce is probably the worst modern trade.

It makes Isaiah Thomas trading 2 lottery picks for Eddie Curry look good.

How a team could give up the 3rd overall pick, this year probable top 3 pick, and next year's probable lottery pick for 1 year of Paul Pierce and 1.5 years of KG.

Knick fans is Melo going to be open to trade? If so what would the likely return be?

The Gail Goodrich Lakers-Jazz trade is probably the worst of alltime just because it gave the Lakers Magic Johnson.

However Billy King giving the Celtics 3 unprotected First round picks for
Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce is probably the worst modern trade.

It makes Isaiah Thomas trading 2 lottery picks for Eddie Curry look good.

How a team could give up the 3rd overall pick, this year probable top 3 pick, and next year's probable lottery pick for 1 year of Paul Pierce and 1.5 years of KG.

Knick fans is Melo going to be open to trade? If so what would the likely return be?

He reportedly is still 100% against being traded. And even if he were okay with being traded to a few select teams, I think the return for him at this point would be essentially nothing given all the circumstances.

1. His contract
2. His no-trade clause that basically allows him to force his way to whatever team he wants
3. His health
4. His deteriorating play
5. His immaturity on the court

I think, at this point, the return for him would be forcing the Knicks to take on a bad contract along with a 1st round pick.

So Boston owns a draft pick swap with Brooklyn, so they could potentially own the number 1 pick.

Do they trade the pick for a superstar or keep it?

Who do they target in either scenario?

Kind of hope Gordon Hayward, the baby faced assassin, ends up in Green and white.

He reportedly is still 100% against being traded. And even if he were okay with being traded to a few select teams, I think the return for him at this point would be essentially nothing given all the circumstances.

1. His contract
2. His no-trade clause that basically allows him to force his way to whatever team he wants
3. His health
4. His deteriorating play
5. His immaturity on the court

I think, at this point, the return for him would be forcing the Knicks to take on a bad contract along with a 1st round pick.
The Clippers and Blake Griffin still matchup.
That was what I was thinking.
Blake needs a change of scenery and Melo deserves a chance to play in playoffs.
Not sure Porzingis and Griffin matchup.
Their was the rumored 3 way from the summer the Knicks actually weren't interested in.
Love to Boston, Melo to Cavs, draft picks and Crowder to NYK.
That won't happen now.

So Boston owns a draft pick swap with Brooklyn, so they could potentially own the number 1 pick.

Do they trade the pick for a superstar or keep it?

Who do they target in either scenario?

Kind of hope Gordon Hayward, the baby faced assassin, ends up in Green and white.
Don't want Hayward. He would kill chemistry.
Rumor in Boston is LaMarcus Aldridge is the target this summer and the draft pick would interest SA.
Boston needs a big to partner with Horford.

Don't want Hayward. He would kill chemistry.
Rumor in Boston is LaMarcus Aldridge is the target this summer and the draft pick would interest SA.
Boston needs a big to partner with Horford.

For fitting reasons I like Aldridge much more than Cousins, who the C's supposedly 'missed out' on. Was never a big fan of Cousins at all. Can't deal with immaturity like that on a professional team like the Celtics. Never liked Rondo for that matter either.

Porzingis airballing a WIDE open 3 with the chance to seal the game was...not good.

Shockingly bad. He hit the bottom of the net, except he hit it on the outside, not the inside. That team's a mess, lost 9 of 10 and who knows what's up with Rose. And they get a chance to go at it again tonight, against the Bulls.

That Knicks game was a disaster last night... was saying earlier that I thought they had a shot at the ECF with how wide open the conference looks but it's looking like a horrific prediction. I'm interested to see who the Raptors make a move for now that Millsap is off the table. They have Jared Sullinger coming back next week which should help a little bit at their weakest position, PF. They gotta be the clear #2 at this point but seem intent on making a move.

The Clippers and Blake Griffin still matchup.
That was what I was thinking.
Blake needs a change of scenery and Melo deserves a chance to play in playoffs.
Not sure Porzingis and Griffin matchup.
Their was the rumored 3 way from the summer the Knicks actually weren't interested in.
Love to Boston, Melo to Cavs, draft picks and Crowder to NYK.
That won't happen now.

Unless the Knicks include like 5 first round picks, they will not get Griffin for Melo at this point. Melo simply doesn't have that kind of value anymore. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago that was possible but not now.

That Knicks game was a disaster last night... was saying earlier that I thought they had a shot at the ECF with how wide open the conference looks but it's looking like a horrific prediction. I'm interested to see who the Raptors make a move for now that Millsap is off the table. They have Jared Sullinger coming back next week which should help a little bit at their weakest position, PF. They gotta be the clear #2 at this point but seem intent on making a move.

My prediction that the Knicks were a house of cards just waiting to collapse and become a stealth tank team is looking pretty damn good right now haha

Unless the Knicks include like 5 first round picks, they will not get Griffin for Melo at this point. Melo simply doesn't have that kind of value anymore. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago that was possible but not now.
yeah; Melo is not going to draw equal return in a current player. all the Knicks can expect for Melo right now is salary relief a year out and future draft picks. And if it was the Clippers, those picks would be in the 2020s.

My top 8 in no particular order...
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook
Leonard
Curry
Harden
Paul
Davis

I think I'd put Giannis 9th though. And rising. He'll be top 5 before long, at this rate.
as I noted earlier, it is impossible for me to make a top 10 right now. After the top 4, there are another dozen or so guys who can make a compelling argument to fit into one of the 6 remaining slots

Based on the voting, I'm guessing the starting lineups end up being:

Kyrie
Isaiah Thomas
LeBron
Jimmy Butler
Giannis

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Kawhi
Anthony Davis

C1_kiVvUcAArdzX.jpg