It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Melo's best fit is Boston in the East.
They would have Thomas/Bradley/Crowder/Horford to play around him in crunch time. He could slide into the 4 in this lineup.
This was the slot they envisioned for Durant.
Boston could send Amir Johnson expiring contract and a juicy draft pick if both sides could agree.

yeah I do wonder if he'd want to there. (or anywhere, really)

Melo's best fit is Boston in the East.
They would have Thomas/Bradley/Crowder/Horford to play around him in crunch time. He could slide into the 4 in this lineup.
This was the slot they envisioned for Durant.
Boston could send Amir Johnson expiring contract and a juicy draft pick if both sides could agree.

Boston has to include a lot more than Amir to make the salaries work. They need to send out another $12 million or so. Some candidates:

Crowder ($6 mil)
Zeller ($8 mil)
Jerebko ($5 mil)
Smart ($3.5 mil)
Olynyk ($3 mil)

Something like Amir, Jerebko, and Smart for Melo would work salary wise.

Boston has to include a lot more than Amir to make the salaries work. They need to send out another $12 million or so. Some candidates:

Crowder ($6 mil)
Zeller ($8 mil)
Jerebko ($5 mil)
Smart ($3.5 mil)
Olynyk ($3 mil)

Zeller/Johnson/Jerebko for Melo/O'Quinn also works. If Boston wanted to hold onto Smart.

Crowder ($6 mil)
Zeller ($8 mil)
Jerebko ($5 mil)
Smart ($3.5 mil)
Olynyk ($3 mil)

Johnson/Zeller would work for the cap.
Both are expiring contracts as well.

Part of me wants Melo to get traded to a good team...and part of me wants him to veto everything and stay in NY just to stick it to smug Phil who is subtly trying to sabotage him IMO. Like when that company couldn't fire George Costanza so they tried to get him to quit, but he wouldn't. Crawled through the vents to get into his boarded up office and everything. LOL.

Part of me wants Melo to get traded to a good team...and part of me wants him to veto everything and stay in NY just to stick it to smug Phil who is subtly trying to sabotage him IMO. Like when that company couldn't fire George Costanza so they tried to get him to quit, but he wouldn't. Crawled through the vents to get into his boarded up office and everything. LOL.

I don't think it's subtle at all.

Year 3 of Philip Jackson Era.
He really hasn't done a good job. I mean he did nail the Porzingis pick.
Knicks could make the playoffs this year but Philip hasn't really done what he was hired to do.
He is behaving like he wants to feud with Melo and cause the owner to fire him and let him keep his money.

yeah but what about me??

Play Now lol.

yeah but what about me??

I wish you and the Knicks the best. I'm not a Knicks fan, just root for Melo. I do like it when the Knicks are good, and wish they would get it together. The East is a lot more fun when they are good and the Garden is rocking. As it stands...if they can get something of value for Melo, and he's willing, they should look into it. It's an old Melo, KP, and not a lot else.

*Nice win for them tonight. As bad as they've been recently, the playoffs are right there. Next couple weeks will be interesting for them to see if they regroup and stay in the hunt or not.

Year 3 of Philip Jackson Era.
He really hasn't done a good job. I mean he did nail the Porzingis pick.
Knicks could make the playoffs this year but Philip hasn't really done what he was hired to do.
He is behaving like he wants to feud with Melo and cause the owner to fire him and let him keep his money.
Phil Jackson is awful. Only reason he hasn't been run out of town by an angry mob of Knicks fans is the Porzingis pick.

I wish you and the Knicks the best. I'm not a Knicks fan, just root for Melo. I do like it when the Knicks are good, and wish they would get it together. The East is a lot more fun when they are good and the Garden is rocking. As it stands...if they can get something of value for Melo, and he's willing, they should look into it. It's an old Melo, KP, and not a lot else.

*Nice win for them tonight. As bad as they've been recently, the playoffs are right there. Next couple weeks will be interesting for them to see if they regroup and stay in the hunt or not.

I think I'm on team tank right now. Their best bet for a PG solution is likely in the draft.

I'm developing a man crush on Joel Embiid. Philly's fun to watch again -- won 7 of last 10, including takin' down Toronto last night -- and Ben Simmons is about ready to make his debut.

I'm developing a man crush on Joel Embiid. Philly's fun to watch again -- won 7 of last 10, including takin' down Toronto last night -- and Ben Simmons is about ready to make his debut.

I Know you're talking about on the court, but if you really want to develop a man crush, follow Joel Embiid and Chandler Parsons off the court. They are hysterical.

Google Jae Crowder-Gordon Heyward Boston.
The Celtics had to deal with a white/black thing because of Heyward.
I want nothing to do with that.
That seems like a crappy reason considering it has nothing to do with Gordon Hayward. That seems a lot more like a Jae Crowder problem.

That seems like a crappy reason considering it has nothing to do with Gordon Hayward. That seems a lot more like a Jae Crowder problem.
Hayward isn't a good enough player to deal for me to want to deal with ith that crap.
He is a nice player but not that much better than Crowder that I would want to deal with the media bringing up the white/black in Boston.
Thus for chemistry reasons I as a Celtics fan would say stay away from Hayward. There would be other guys who can do similar things.

Hayward isn't a good enough player to deal for me to want to deal with ith that crap.
He is a nice player but not that much better than Crowder that I would want to deal with the media bringing up the white/black in Boston.
Thus for chemistry reasons I as a Celtics fan would say stay away from Hayward. There would be other guys who can do similar things.

Crowder's a fine role player, but Heyward is a legitimate all-star.

Crowder's a fine role player, but Heyward is a legitimate all-star.

I also missed how this came up, but why is Utah trading Heyward again?

I don't know how to quote stuff from another page, so I'm not going to bother, but Embiid is legitimately amazing. The Sixers get outscored by 12.2 points per 100 possessions when he sits. That's pretty terrible, no team has a scoring margin of -12.2 per game (roughly 100 possessions, close enough), the Nets are the worst at -9.6. When he plays, they are +3.9 per 100, the Jazz are +4.3, per instance.

Thats...I don't even know what that is. That's unbelievable

I also missed how this came up, but why is Utah trading Heyward again?

I don't know how to quote stuff from another page, so I'm not going to bother, but Embiid is legitimately amazing. The Sixers get outscored by 12.2 points per 100 possessions when he sits. That's pretty terrible, no team has a scoring margin of -12.2 per game (roughly 100 possessions, close enough), the Nets are the worst at -9.6. When he plays, they are +3.9 per 100, the Jazz are +4.3, per instance.

Thats...I don't even know what that is. That's unbelievable
He is a FA after the year. He wouldn't be acquired via trade.

I Know you're talking about on the court, but if you really want to develop a man crush, follow Joel Embiid and Chandler Parsons off the court. They are hysterical.
The Process is a hoot, love his off-the-court game, too. Funny, lotta personality, and he's in a great spot to flourish -- one of the world's top hoops towns.