It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Crowder's a fine role player, but Heyward is a legitimate all-star.
Heyward is a better player. Crowder is a better defender, and while he isn't the offensive player Heyward for what it will cost I will take Crowder and spend the money elsewhere.
Heyward is going to get the max Crowder is 7 million per for 2 more years after this one

He is a FA after the year. He wouldn't be acquired via trade.

Ah ok to sign him. Got it. Don't think he's leaving Utah, but fair enough.

Does Heyward have a chance to sneak onto the all NBA third team this year? Would make him eligible for the larger deal from Utah. Probably a tough sell though. Looking at forwards, you have Lebron, Durant, and Leonard. Anthony Davis can be either a F or a C. Draymond. Giannis if he's considered a F. Etc.

Ah ok to sign him. Got it. Don't think he's leaving Utah, but fair enough.

Does Heyward have a chance to sneak onto the all NBA third team this year? Would make him eligible for the larger deal from Utah. Probably a tough sell though. Looking at forwards, you have Lebron, Durant, and Leonard. Anthony Davis can be either a F or a C. Draymond. Giannis if he's considered a F. Etc.

You figure Heyward would have to be somewhere in the top 6 forwards to make it. He'd be competing with:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kawhi
4. Giannis
5. Kevin Love
6. Jimmy Butler
7. Paul George
8. Anthony Davis (might be considered a C though)
9. Draymond
10. Blake Griffin

If the season ended today, I'd say LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, and Giannis are for sure ahead of him. If Unibrow is considered a PF, I would assume he is as well. I'd put Heyward on roughly equal footing with Love and Butler for the 3rd team.

You figure Heyward would have to be somewhere in the top 6 forwards to make it. He'd be competing with:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kawhi
4. Giannis
5. Kevin Love
6. Jimmy Butler
7. Paul George
9. Draymond
10. Blake Griffin

If the season ended today, I'd say LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, and Giannis are for sure ahead of him. If Unibrow is considered a PF, I would assume he is as well. I'd put Heyward on roughly equal footing with Love and Butler for the 3rd team.
If the Jazz stay healthy they are going to win a lot of games. Right now they are two games behind the Clippers (w/o Paul) for 4th seed in the West so there is a good chance that they are going to get a home berth. That will bode well for Hayward's reputation and Gobert for Defensive POY. Also there is a good chance that with or without the Chris Paul injury, that Hayward will make the All Star game. He deserves but obviously the West is stacked.

Oh, and Crowder is definitely a nice player, but Hayward is more complete. One Boston player who is very impressive is IT. Very impressive.

Last edited:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kawhi
4. Giannis
5. Kevin Love
6. Jimmy Butler
7. Paul George
9. Draymond
10. Blake Griffin

Yeah I think it would be really tough. If you consider Davis a forward, he's screwed I think.

Blake hasn't played enough, so you can scratch him off I think. The top 4 on your list, there's just no way he's beating them out. Ditto for Davis is he's considered a forward. Draymond is a tough ask too, the Warriors are going to push 70 wins again.

If Davis is a C, then you have Love, Butler, George, Heyward for a spot. He could at least have a shot there. I was just looking at the old all NBA teams, just seems so weird that Durant hasn't made first team since 2014.

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kawhi
4. Giannis
5. Kevin Love
6. Jimmy Butler
7. Paul George
9. Draymond
10. Blake Griffin

Except that Love sucks.

I think George is on the downside of his career.

Butler's tough. Might benefit from being a big market player. He's very good though, no disagreement there.

Except that Love sucks.

Butler's tough. Might benefit from being a big market player. He's very good though, no disagreement there.
George is significantly better than Heyward. Heyward can score but he isn't in the defensive league of George.
Heyward is a nice player but he is barely a top 20 player if he is a top 20 guy.

I'm so glad they got NBA all star voting out of the fans hands. Now they are only 50%, 25% to the writers, 25% to the players...now we know this will be taken seriously...wait, I'm sorry, what's that?

"Among the player votes, James Harden received 149, good for second place among guards. Eric Gordon (8), Tyler Ennis (2) and Patrick Beverley (1) also picked up votes."

George is significantly better than Heyward. Heyward can score but he isn't in the defensive league of George.
Heyward is a nice player but he is barely a top 20 player if he is a top 20 guy.
Well, you're wrong.

Rankings are arguable, especially if you play in Salt Lake City. Hayward is one of very few players (possibly the only one) who has increased his scoring average his first seven seasons in the league. He is just a solid all around performer who has no weaknesses. Below are some of his highlights vs the Cavs last week that left Lebron crying about the refs after the games.

The players voted just as stupidly as they complained the fans did.

NBA fans you have your choice between Gordon Hayward or Paul George right now who are you taking?

Part of me wants Melo to get traded to a good team...and part of me wants him to veto everything and stay in NY just to stick it to smug Phil who is subtly trying to sabotage him IMO. Like when that company couldn't fire George Costanza so they tried to get him to quit, but he wouldn't. Crawled through the vents to get into his boarded up office and everything. LOL.

I cannot wait for the Thunder and Warriors to play again.

Also, Zaza Pachulia has most likely killed people in his life. That knock down/stare down was intense.

I cannot wait for the Thunder and Warriors to play again.

Also, Zaza Pachulia has most likely killed people in his life. That knock down/stare down was intense.

Doesn't reflect well on OKC that nobody did anything about that. Someone should've went after Zaza right then and there. We're losing recipes left and right.

On a positive note for Cuse players, Waiters had 33 points in a win tonight.
Ties his career game high, third time he's had 33. And the Heat won.

Spurs-Cavs OT game was fun, even if my team of choice lost. Leonard's sick.

Knicks issues are defense. People pile on Rose to much, IMO. It's not his fault the knicks traded for him, he's a guy that needs the ball to play his game as does Melo. He was 12/26 shooting not great but nit bad either. Again, very few players on the knicks can actually defend, including porzinigis

Doesn't reflect well on OKC that nobody did anything about that. Someone should've went after Zaza right then and there. We're losing recipes left and right.

Zaza and Draymond do the dirty work that allow the other 3 to play their game.

Except that Love sucks.

Chicago isn't big market for Butler? George and Hayward are same age, George is a much better defender and his offensive stats are just a bit better. Hayward is very good but George's knee injury will always get used against him but he's better than Hayward. George is really a hell of a player. Hayward has great hair though. Like I I said Hayward is very good player but I do think a George is better.

Kevin Love stinks? Interesting. He doesn't have a great situation in Cleveland but he's definitely still a very very good player and could be getting 25/10 somewhere else very easily. K love can play

Knicks issues are defense. People pile on Rose to much, IMO. It's not his fault the knicks traded for him, he's a guy that needs the ball to play his game as does Melo. He was 12/26 shooting not great but nit bad either. Again, very few players on the knicks can actually defend, including porzinigis

Rose is probably the worst defender of any of them!

26 points on 26 shots is not what they needed out of him. He's got to dial it back and adjust his game. He's not the same guy. He can't carry a team anymore. Maybe pass the ball more and then spend more energy on defense.

Rose is probably the worst defender of any of them!

26 points on 26 shots is not what they needed out of him. He's got to dial it back and adjust his game. He's not the same guy. He can't carry a team anymore. Maybe pass the ball more and then spend more energy on defense.

Ha yes to say defense is the Knicks problem and ignore the fact that Rose is a terrible defender is missing the point,

And if you need the ball in your hand to do your work you than you need to do better than 51% true shooting. Rose has a true shooting of 51% and a usage of 26.8%, he's one of 5 players this season who has combined a true shooting below 52% and a usage above 25%.