It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Pretty crazy that Barea, an undrafted 6 foot guy that's pretty limited, from Northeastern, is still in the league while Bynum...a super talented 7 foot lottery pick has basically been gone for half a decade. A lot of these big guys' bodies just can't hold up. Bynum would've been so good if he stayed healthy.
689416562.gif

Pretty crazy that Barea, an undrafted 6 foot guy that's pretty limited, from Northeastern, is still in the league while Bynum...a super talented 7 foot lottery pick has basically been gone for half a decade. A lot of these big guys' bodies just can't hold up. Bynum would've been so good if he stayed healthy.

Barea is probably so happy you called him 6 foot...

It's a shame about Bynum. The guy was an incredibly talented player

Nice win for Cavs: Dahntay Jones plays the final two minutes of garbage time and doesn't get T'd up once.
To boot, Cavs outscore Toronto 36-17 in the 4th quarter to win by 21 with Irving and Love -- and I think JR -- on the bench. I thought Ray Allen was sick when I watched him with LeBron and the Heat, but Korver may be even sicker.

Looking forward to Cavs-Celts or Wizards. Either one would be fun matchups.

Last edited:
Nice win for Cavs: Dahntay Jones plays the final two minutes of garbage time and doesn't get T'd up once.
To boot, Cavs Toronto 36-17 in the 4th quarter to win by 21 with Irving and Love -- and I think JR -- on the bench. I thought Ray Allen was sick when I watched him with LeBron and the Heat, but Korver may be even sicker.

Looking forward to Cavs-Celts or Wizards. Either one would be fun matchups.
They will steamroll either in 4, maybeeee 5. The East has got to get better quick because this isn't a fun watch for anybody (aside from Cavs fans). The West is another story.

They will steamroll either in 4, maybeeee 5. The East has got to get better quick because this isn't a fun watch for anybody (aside from Cavs fans). The West is another story.
West seems pretty locked in too, but this Houston SA game is fun.

West seems pretty locked in too, but this Houston SA game is fun.
Probably, and I immediately stopped liking Golden State when front-runner Durant showed up. If they smoke the West than I'd almost hope the NBA would step in unless they only care about the Finals and screw the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Woj on twitter
The NBA is suspending Washington's Kelly Oubre for Game 4 vs. Boston for altercation with Kelly Olynyk, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Korver on this Cleveland team is like unlocking a cheat code.

The Cavs gm, David Griffin, is so, so good. Great move shipping Dunleavy, who was a dud in his brief time in Cleveland, to Atlanta and picking up Korver. Adding Deron Williams a strong move, too.

Griffin's contract's up, there's been scuttlebutt the Magic want him to run the team, I gotta believe Dan Gilbert'll pony up to keep him, unless they don't get along. I have no clue. I know nothing.

BTW, I see three players -- LeBron, DeRozan and Tucker -- all played 46 minutes today. Not sure how common that is, but I'm impressed. NBA players, best athletes on the planet.

Thanks for finding this. I was at work until after the Oubre ejection and the one that finally got him to shove Olynyk was everywhere but I couldn't find this first screen at all.

I simply don't understand what is or isn't an illegal screen in the NBA. Absolutely makes no sense. And no wonder kids who watch the pros can't figure it out when they are playing AAU either. Seems like anything short of a tackle is okay. And tackles are also okay occasionally.

I simply don't understand what is or isn't an illegal screen in the NBA. Absolutely makes no sense. And no wonder kids who watch the pros can't figure it out when they are playing AAU either. Seems like anything short of a tackle is okay. And tackles are also okay occasionally.

I think the illegal screen is like 3 seconds; they have a quota on it. You may get 1 3 second call per game, and maybe 2 illegal screens called, and it's just a matter of when they decide to call it.

Nene done. No TP for the Spurs. Feels like this series will go 7 with the teams beating each other up just to get crushed by GSW.

image.jpg

Gotta throw up the cow signal on this one.

Other Players can call Olynyk dirty. Draymond Green is one of the few players who can't.

I'd argue that Draymond is very familiar with what a dirty player looks like, so if anyone should be able to call dirty players out, it is him.