It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

The Suns on the same day also gave up their 2017 Lakers pick for Brandon Knight.

I remember that day, there were like a million trades involving PG in the last hour before the deadline

I think enough time has passed where we can say the verdict is in on this trade

On the flip side, focusing on this trade hides the fact that Phoenix got Isaiah on an amazing contract!

Seriously though, as much as I still don't believe teams should max him out, it's incredible what he's turned into after literally every team passed on him multiple times. First, everyone passed on him once or twice in the draft, and then everyone passed on signing him as a cheap free agent.

While I was at lunch today, a TV in the background was on FS1 and Colin Cowherd and some radio guest were debating whether or not Isaiah is the best player in the NBA lol. That's extreme hyperbole on their parts but it still kinda sums up how much he's blossomed this year.

Isaiah is getting a max deal with the Celtics now. This playoff run has cemented it.

If they beat Washington and avoid a sweep with Cleveland. Boston will pursue Blake Griffin and Gordon Heyward in FA and Paul George in trade talks.

They will add another max contract this offseason and then offer IT the max deal after this offseason so they can maximize their cap space and then go over for Thomas.

IT isn't a top 5 player but he is a 10-15 player in the league.

Isaiah is getting a max deal with the Celtics now. This playoff run has cemented it.

If they beat Washington and avoid a sweep with Cleveland. Boston will pursue Blake Griffin and Gordon Heyward in FA and Paul George in trade talks.

They will add another max contract this offseason and then offer IT the max deal after this offseason so they can maximize their cap space and then go over for Thomas.

Heyward I can see, Blake just has so many injuries, I don't know why anyone would take the risk. Celts seems too smart for that at this point. Agree though, boston moves to compete for a title next year

On the flip side, focusing on this trade hides the fact that Phoenix got Isaiah on an amazing contract!

Seriously though, as much as I still don't believe teams should max him out, it's incredible what he's turned into after literally every team passed on him multiple times. First, everyone passed on him once or twice in the draft, and then everyone passed on signing him as a cheap free agent.

While I was at lunch today, a TV in the background was on FS1 and Colin Cowherd and some radio guest were debating whether or not Isaiah is the best player in the NBA lol. That's extreme hyperbole on their parts but it still kinda sums up how much he's blossomed this year.

Weren't there some chemistry issues with Isaiah? I don't think he and Boogie got along at least.

Not sure I agree. He's had an amazing year scoring, but it's a huge outlier, and he's a terrible defender. RPM has him as the second worst defender in the entire league, 467 out of 468. Maybe he's not that bad, but he gives back a huge amount on defense. RPM has him 58th in the league; you can go through many guys ahead of him and discount them because they are bench guys or whatever, but top 10/15 is a stretch, I think.

I think Deron Williams may be my least favorite basketball player. Watching him get his hand under the ball on EVERY dribble is nauseating. Then on top of it, he forces everything.

I think Deron Williams may be my least favorite basketball player. Watching him get his hand under the ball on EVERY dribble is nauseating. Then on top of it, he forces everything.
Olynyk's my least favorite, or at least in the top 5. Too bad Oubre lost his cool and knocked over Olynyk and got ejected because the Wiz are not deep up front, but I'm sure there are a lotta players applauding Oubre right now, including Kevin Love.

Olynyk's my least favorite, or at least in the top 5. Too bad Oubre lost his cool and knocked over Olynyk and got ejected because the Wiz are not deep up front, but I'm sure there are a lotta players applauding Oubre right now, including Kevin Love.

Majority are talking about how dumb he is. Young and mentally soft.

It was a legal hard pick. Oubre is a moron and should be suspended for that reaction.

Majority are talking about how dumb he is. Young and mentally soft.
Who's the majority? Has a poll already been taken.

Yes, Oubre, young kid, took offense to a raised arm to his face, but Olynyk walks a fine line, he's lucky most players have more discipline.

Who's the majority? Has a poll already been taken.

Yes, Oubre, young kid, took offense to a raised arm to his face, but Olynyk walks a fine line, he's lucky most players have more discipline.

Anyone with the brains to separate needless bs from the playoffs. They're down 2-0 and have a chance to win at home. He took a hard legal screen and acted like a baby. Mental softness. Put his team in a terrible position because he can't keep his cool.

Anyone with the brains to separate needless bs from the playoffs. They're down 2-0 and have a chance to win at home. He took a hard legal screen and acted like a baby. Mental softness. Put his team in a terrible position because he can't keep his cool.

I smell a Celtics fan(atic).

I smell a Celtics fan(atic).

I promise you if Marcus Smart or a Celtics hot head did that I'd be laughing at their stupidity just as hard.

Olynyk is dirty, but that play wasn't dirty IMO. Oubre got hit hard for the second time, by a dirty player who he probably already disliked, and lost his cool.

He should've been mad at his teammate for not calling out that screen too, because he didn't appear to see it coming at all.

I don't care Olynyk history.
Oubre was picked and took the biggest cheap shot I have seen on the court in a long time.

I don't care Olynuk history.
Oubre was picked and took the biggest cheap shot I have seen on the court in a long time.
Cheap shot? He didn't see Oubre coming? He pushed him.

Plus, I think he flopped. (I hate to insert smiley faces, but this is tongue-in-check -- kinda; Jalen Rose just said on the halftime show that Olynyk flopped.)

Last edited:
golden state is unreal. I think you could give the US the rest of the nba, and golden state could win gold in the Olympics. I watch the other playoff series, and I think to myself, these teams are good. but then you watch the warriors and there is no comparison.

I don't care Olynyk history.

I guess we disagree on the definition of "cheap shot". To me, a cheap shot is more like a sucker punch. What Oubre did isn't okay by any stretch, but he certainly didn't sneak up on Olynyk. Hell, Olynyk saw it coming and was able to flop to the ground to sell it even more.

Edit: Not exactly recent anymore, but when I think of modern day cheapshots, I think of what Bynum did to Barea.

Last edited: