It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

This game makes me feel better about Boston.
Golden State can't stop Cleveland either they just have a ridiculously better offense than Boston.

This, ladies and germs, is basketball. Feel a little bad for all the supposed basketball fans who limit themselves to college ball and pooh-pooh The Association.

No need. College basketball is a tremendous spectacle, with a very different vibe. Not sure what's so difficult about that to understand.

Some would even argue that the energy / enthusiasm is better in the college game, even though the quality of play might not be. Really, it is all just a matter of personal preference.

This, ladies and germs, is basketball. Feel a little bad for all the supposed basketball fans who limit themselves to college ball and pooh-pooh The Association.
If the NBA can get 2 teams in each conference to have even a 25% chance of taking down the two juggernauts in a series, the league would be incredible right now.

If the NBA can get 2 teams in each conference to have even a 25% chance of taking down the two juggernauts in a series, the league would be incredible right now.

I really think the Spurs could take down GS. They had incredible bad luck in the first game of their series.

Boston is in position to get there. Already strong team with the #1 pick.

I don't see anything on the horizon that can challenge GS out West though.

No need. College basketball is a tremendous spectacle, with a very different vibe. Not sure what's so difficult about that to understand.

Some would even argue that the energy / enthusiasm is better in the college game, even though the quality of play might not be. Really, it is all just a matter of personal preference.

I may be wrong but what I think he's trying to say is that the old NBA stigma won't die on this forum no matter what anybody says while the people spewing the nonsense refuse to watch an NBA game.

Clevelands defensive gameplan:

Let Durant beat you.
272b82c92c10ec2d9bde7406edb3077811b29ef205a7c5432a51f77c0665f840.jpg

I may be wrong but what I think he's trying to say is that the old NBA stigma won't die on this forum no matter what anybody says while the people spewing the nonsense refuse to watch an NBA game.

That's fine -- but there's also a dopey stigma on this forum about "everybody" on the forum not watching NBA basketball, only college.

I certainly won't dispute that there is a bunch of idiotic assessment of the NBA game, NBA draft prospects, etc. expressed on a perpetual basis.

Boston is in position to get there. Already strong team with the #1 pick.

I don't see anything on the horizon that can challenge GS out West though.
If the Jazz can keep Hayward and continue building, they may have the best chance due to Gobert.

Quick take at the half. To many good offensive players to stop either team. I think Cleveland's starters can play Golden State Straight up. In the end the difference will be the bench. Cavs can't sit Bron much while State can get away with sitting Durant and Curry at the same time.

A joy to watch both teams IMO.

I don't think the Cavs can be too upset being down single digits at half time against this team on the road.
Korvers missed a few he makes 75% of the time. He hits that last wide open three and it's a five point game.

Cavs will need "closer" Kyrie to ball out if they can keep it close entering the 4th.