It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I don't think you can call this series yet. The way Green and Thompson shot and the Warriors still cruising is a bad sign for Cleveland though. Even if game 2 is another blowout you have to see what happens in game 3 in Cleveland before jumping the gun.

It's not like running your offense through Dray and Klay is bad, it just doesn't seem like a great allocation of resources.

I don't get it either. I think you rest one at the end of the first and through the break and one at the beginning of the 2nd. It is a back breaker though when he sits them both and the other team doesn't make up ground. Liv and Igy have a lot of experience and are good enough to help Drey and Clay but you have to think that with either KD or Stef out there you have that much less of a drop off offensively. That said the guy has yet to lose a playoff game of course he has a loaded roster as well.

I was messing around with the warriors team game logs, some random stuff I saw.

They had a 3 game losing streak on March 8, 10, and 11. Since then, they have played 28 games. They're 27-1. 6 of those 28 games (including their loss) have been decided by single digits. They've won 7 games by 25 points or more. So, they've won more games by 25 plus than they've had games decided by single digits. They've averaged 116 points a game. They've scored more than 120 points 10 times.

Just completely ridiculous.

I really think the Spurs could take down GS. They had incredible bad luck in the first game of their series.

Bad luck being their Euro goon doing the electric slide under a Kawai jumper

I was messing around with the warriors team game logs, some random stuff I saw.

They had a 3 game losing streak on March 8, 10, and 11. Since then, they have played 28 games. They're 27-1. 6 of those 28 games (including their loss) have been decided by single digits. They've won 7 games by 25 points or more. So, they've won more games by 25 plus than they've had games decided by single digits. They've averaged 116 points a game. They've scored more than 120 points 10 times.

Just completely ridiculous.

The Warriors are 28 or 29-0 when Klay plays since the day he autographed a Redditor's toaster lol

I wouldn't say the series is completely over, but last night only reinforced my feeling that Golden State wins in 4 or 5 games. I just think they're a lot better than everyone else.

It'll be interesting to see what they do when Klay and Draymond are up for new contracts in a couple years. I'm not sure their owner will be willing to pay all 4 of them max money at that point. Could easily see Klay getting shopped for a trade at some point in the relatively near future.

The Warriors are 28 or 29-0 when Klay plays since the day he autographed a Redditor's toaster lol

I wouldn't say the series is completely over, but last night only reinforced my feeling that Golden State wins in 4 or 5 games. I just think they're a lot better than everyone else.

It'll be interesting to see what they do when Klay and Draymond are up for new contracts in a couple years. I'm not sure their owner will be willing to pay all 4 of them max money at that point. Could easily see Klay getting shopped for a trade at some point in the relatively near future.

I definitely Klay is the most expendable of the big 4 guys. It's hard to project where the cap is going to be and all that stuff, but Thompson is signed for 2 more years and Dray 3. Kevin Pelton has an insider article kind of covering this posted today

It's all about assists. 15-31 in the Warriors favor last night.

LeBron doesn't have enough decent players around him to pass to, or he'd likely have much higher numbers. KD had 8 assists last night. Steph had 10 and Klay had 4. It's amazing to see how much the Warriors share the ball. That's fun basketball to watch.

The Cavs have 3 top 25 players. Including the best in the world.

The Warriors have 4 top 25 players.
Including 2 of the top 5-6 in the world.

The Cavs bench is a lot better than it was last night. Korver/Frye/Jefferson/Williams are solid.

It was an awful game plan by Cleveland last night. Dunks are easier than 3 point shots. Make them make 3's over straight line dunks.

The Cavs bench is a lot better than it was last night. Korver/Frye/Jefferson/Williams are solid.

It was an awful game plan by Cleveland last night. Dunks are easier than 3 point shots. Make them make 3's over straight line dunks.

Kyre for sure but not sure Love is a top 25 guy anymore.

He's definitely towards the tail end of it, but I think he probably squeezes his way in still.
Was the use of the word squeeze a subtle fat joke about Kevin Love?

Your answer doesn't matter, I've already chosen to interpret it that way.

I think this years version of Cleveland is worse off when it comes to matching up with Golden State because they've sacrificed some defense for offensive players who can't play D in Korver and D. Williams. I think their best chance of winning is yucking it up, playing Shumpert more, and less Korver/Williams, but they've changed their identity a bit this year to go more up and down.

Did Frye even play?

Philip Jackson wants to acquire Ricky Rubio.

So I guess he doesn't want a PG in this draft.

He must want Isaac, Collins or Markannen.

Philip Jackson wants to acquire Ricky Rubio.

So I guess he doesn't want a PG in this draft.

He must want Isaac, Collins or Markannen.

Hmm...I want Melo to get out for his own good, but I've always wanted to see him play with a good PG that looks to pass and set people up, because he pretty much never has other than one year with a 39 year old Jason Kidd...a year that Melo won the scoring title and his team won 54 games.

Hmm...I want Melo to get out for his own good, but I've always wanted to see him play with a good PG that looks to pass and set people up, because he pretty much never has other than one year with a 39 year old Jason Kidd...a year that Melo won the scoring title and his team won 54 games.
Melo needs a fresh start but we know he doesn't want to leave.
Best thing for Knicks fans this summer is Charles Oakley's trial in August.

He refused a diversion deal so he could get Dolan into open court and risk stiffer penalties. As I don't see the Knicks turning it around till Dolan is gone or you guys win the draft lottery.

Melo needs a fresh start but we know he doesn't want to leave.
Best thing for Knicks fans this summer is Charles Oakley's trial in August.

He refused a diversion deal so he could get Dolan into open court and risk stiffer penalties. As I don't see the Knicks turning it around till Dolan is gone or you guys win the draft lottery.

I guess that is all that Knick fans have to look forward to.:bang:

For a second, I forgot how good healthy Curry is and thought Kyrie might push him for 3rd best player in this series.

Nope. Healthy Steph is a Top 5 player in the world.

This is kind of sad to watch. Cleveland is a super team and it seems they have to be absolutely perfect, not to win, but just to avoid getting embarrassed by Golden State.

Watching Golden State on offense and see how easy they are scoring. When Boston struggled to score against Cleveland just tells me the gap between elite teams and just good solid teams.

Golden State is flithy. I do expect Cleveland to dominate at home.