It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I can't help but crack a smile for KD. Perhaps I'm not so bitter after all.

The guy made a decision. Who cares. People are salty just because he didn't go to their team and now it's going to be basically impossible to stop them from getting to the finals the next couple of years.

LeBron teamed up with Bosh and Wade on a team that wasn't good and then had no money left so we're stuck with Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony/Ilgauskas filling out their starting line up in the NBA Finals. Durant went to a team that won 73 games the year before and had 3 top 12-15 players in the world waiting for him. The same team that beat him in the WCF the year before. Completely different.

You're very mistaken if you think OKC was some group of misfits and bad news bears. They made WCF 4 of last 6 years and only missed it when they had injuries and had GS down 3-1 last year.

Either way, congrats to him he got his ring and probably will end up with a few more. Accomplishment every kid who plays basketball dreams of and few can ever actually do.

Westbrook and Harden are the most ball dominant players in the association. Playing with other great players limits them or the other great players because they are at their best being ball dominant. They are great players but it is what it is. Yes LeBron started the super teams. He knew Miami would clear contracts and build a team around the three of them.

I was a big love fan in minny. Averaged like 25 and what, 16 boards one year? I don't care if his team didn't win. You don't avg that and be an average player. He's playing with 2 ball dominant players and is expected to just hit 3s. But his strength is rebounding, except that is Tristan's ONLY quality.
See, I thought he was overrated. I'm still not convinced that he isn't a big numbers on a bad team player, and that's it.

See, I thought he was overrated. I'm still not convinced that he isn't a big numbers on a bad team player, and that's it.
You can be overrated and still not just be an average player

You can be overrated and still not just be an average player
are-you-a-wizard.jpg

Just to be clear Cavs were never gonna win this series, warriors are way to strong of a team. Didn't matter what LeBron would've done in this series, he could've averaged 50, 20, and 15. And they still would've lost.

I believe probably half those fans in Oracle arena don't give a damn what the Warriors do, they just wanted to see Lebron lose.

lets play a game...
Rosters
Warriors
1 curry. Or 1 Irving
2 Thompson. Or 2 JR
3 Durant. Or 3 Lbj
4 green Or 4 love
5 Zaza. Or 5 TT

Make the best team by position. How many cavs or how many Warriors make the team.

I only watched the last 5-6 minutes. I hope the rest of the game was better basketball than what I watched.

I'll be back in four months (if I live that long...ha!) to start another season-long thread, Ryan. Mind-boggling, but it'll be LeBron's 15th season.

Looking forward to Warriors-Cavs IV.
How you holding up?

Hahaha for real he didn't do jack in the finals, and the cavs bench blowssssss. Jefferson can't do jack. Shumpert is D and that's it. Korver is a couple 3s and that's it, can't do anything else. Didn't see anyone else come off that bench. And let's look at this, how many guys did the cavs even play off the bench...korver, dwill Jefferson and shumpert...did anyone else play meaningful minutes???

There is no higher level ball. The game as a whole was high level IMO.

Yeah, I feel like people take for granted or for some reason ignore the overall skillsets of pretty much like 8 of the 10 starters on both teams. There are like 5 or 6 future HOFers playing in these finals? Warriors bench just outclassed CLE. Too many turnovers and poor/lazy transition D. I freaking marvel at Durant's game and I love LeBron.

Last edited:
Just to be clear Cavs were never gonna win this series, warriors are way to strong of a team. Didn't matter what LeBron would've done in this series, he could've averaged 50, 20, and 15. And they still would've lost.

I believe probably half those fans in Oracle arena don't give a damn what the Warriors do, they just wanted to see Lebron lose.

lets play a game...
Rosters
Warriors
1 curry. Or 1 Irving
2 Thompson. Or 2 JR
3 Durant. Or 3 Lbj
4 green Or 4 love
5 Zaza. Or 5 TT

Make the best team by position. How many cavs or how many Warriors make the team.

Pretty much agree. I'm a CLE guy with NE Ohio roots. Love LeBron but I'm going with only Kyrie and TT as the ones I would take VS the GS counterparts. I can't stand Green but I would take him over Love. LBJ can't go wrong with. Right now though as an offensive force it has to be Durant for me.

Chris Paul or Deron Williams was a legitimate argument for a few years.

Coach K used to tell his point guards that he wanted all of them to watch Deron Williams tape over any other point guard because of how skilled he was and high his basketball iq was. He told them guys like Paul are great but benefit by being incredible athletes where Williams was mediocre athletically but was so effective because of how skilled he was and his understanding of the game.