It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers

I don't want Dino fired at all, but I still think the University doesn't support athletics the way they should be. HE needs way more support, more staff, better athlete housing and a new football facility.

New football facility?

The indoor practice facility is new and they are always doing upgrades at Manley.

This became an issue in the 90s when SU pretty much stopped spending money on football upgrades. It’s part of the reason why SU football slumped heading into this century.

Last edited:
The talent we have is inferior to fo along with bad coaching from the position coaches.

How many NFL draft picks have we had on offense this decade? 2010-2019?
Ryan Nassib-QB 4th round 2013
Justin Pugh- OL 1st round 2013
Zero RBs and WRs.

We don’t have game breakers.
Where are our Stefan Diggs, Leonte Carroo NFL picks at WR.

Our biggest problem is talent. We don’t get the 4 star talent at skill position. Dino has brought in some speed it’s just underclassmen.

Tutu Atwell’s make coaches look good.
They turn 30 yard plays into 90 yard TDs.
So does Jordan. Jackson
Uh, no. The Allies overwhelmed the Axis with men and material.
Tell that to Churchill.

New football facility?

The indoor practice facility is new and they are always doing upgrades at Manley.

This became an issue in the 90s when SU pretty much stopped spending money on football upgrades. It’s part of the reason by SU football slumped heading into this century.
Yeah, we can compete with upgrades to Manley when other schools are building stuff like this.

Having an IPF is just getting us to where everybody else was 5-10 years ago. It was a "me too" build when we should have had one before everyone else because of our climate, yet we were one of the last.

No foresight, no vision for the future...always playing catch up will always keep us in the bottom half of FBS football.

Which according to a lot of folks on this board is where we belong. I was told that I need to reset my expectations to not want them to be the best but just float around the middle and every decade or so have a great season.

Last edited:
Yeah, we can compete with upgrades to Manley when other schools are building stuff like this.

Having an IPF is just getting us to where everybody else was 5-10 years ago. It was a "me too" build when we should have had one before everyone else because of our climate, yet we were one of the last.

Rutgers still doesn’t have one. But they will if Schiano gets his way.

Man, if the menfolk weren’t the only ones addressed in the OP, I could talk about how ridiculous this is. Shucks.
1574608029716.png

;)

I dont buy that we are such a tough place to win. SU might not be able to hang with the elite schools but we can certainly be competitive. Getting embarrassed by Maryland, BC, Ville... Is 100% being out coached. It has nothing to do with a lack of talent.

We have to go 6 hours from campus to get kids. Maryland goes to a high school a scooter ride away.

I don't want Dino fired at all, but I still think the University doesn't support athletics the way they should be. HE needs way more support, more staff, better athlete housing and a new football facility.

The players live in University Village. That's new space. School is dumping stupid millions into more facilities. They get that part.

We have to go 6 hours from campus to get kids. Maryland goes to a high school a scooter ride away.
So what. Who cares. Stop making excuses. SU has more to offer than soooo many other schools. Lets hire some good assistant coaches. Hire some dynamic recruiters. Stop the CNY excuse half glass crap.

Dino is more than happy with the support he has gotten from the school. He’s gotten everything he’s asked for. He and Wildhack talk regularly to discuss the program and what needs to be done. And all the things that you want, don’t just happen over night. The housing will come for sure. Anything like a new facility will depend on donors such as yourself putting their money where their mouth is.

Babers has won 25% of the time. He had an OK win over Virginia Tech his first year. His second season he had a monster win over Clemson. His third year was a great year. I think the highlights were a 4 point loss to the eventual national champion and a bowl win over a very watered down West Virginia team. The rest of the wins last year were over teams very much like the teams in this years ACC, all mediocre. I have a feeling that if he doesn't perform next year, he will be gone. That may be a forgone conclusion with the talent (I think was over rated) we are loosing and the lower tier class he has coming in.

So what. Who cares. Stop making excuses. SU has more to offer than soooo many other schools. Lets hire some good assistant coaches. Hire some dynamic recruiters. Stop the CNY excuse half glass crap.

If you believe that there's no sense engaging in this.

Kansas State.

I will not and can not fault anyone who says a coach who has had 3 losing records in 4 years and has not seen an improvement in the quality of players we recruit should go. I will not get on a high horse and tell them they are wrong.

That being said, I am not there yet personally. I still like the guy and like what he brings and think that he has a chance to get this right. He needs to clean house and upgrade the coaching staff, AND absolutely needs to beat the war drum in the transfer portal and bring in someone who can be out new QB next year, or at the very least scare the living heck out of Tommy and get him motivated. These are not optional IMO.

If he finishes with a bad record again next year, and its 4 or 5 awful years, then I think we've hit THAT point where the seat is very hot.

Last edited:
The issue with this team is we aren’t stacked with a deep roster.
Our OL was awful for 9 games.
The coaching staff should have made changes earlier that is on Dino.
DeVito is young and honestly made a lot of mistakes that shouldn’t happen.
The holding onto the ball, the terrible picks the offense has been poor.
The DL has been underachieving.

Blame Dino for bad coaching decisions. If he had a roster with better talent he wouldn’t be the issue.
Devito hasn’t thrown a pick in like 4+ games though. They showed the stat yesterday, his streak I believe is 3rd in FBS (attempts without int). He’s a young kid he made some stupid mistakes early, but there’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger problems than TD. I think saying “he made a lot of mistakes that shouldn’t happen” is false. He’s a young kid who was given the reins and has the worst OL in all of college football in front of him. You go take 10 snaps and see how you do.

Devito hasn’t thrown a pick in like 4+ games though. They showed the stat yesterday, his streak I believe is 3rd in FBS (attempts without int). He’s a young kid he made some stupid mistakes early, but there’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger problems than TD. I think saying “he made a lot of mistakes that shouldn’t happen” is false. He’s a young kid who was given the reins and has the worst OL in all of college football in front of him. You go take 10 snaps and see how you do.

What percentage of his passes have been more than 10 yards beyond the LOS in that time?

He has not shown enough to not have, at the very least, a very good backup there to compete with him. No way.

Devito bad INTs were the Clemson game. Those legitimately killed our chances to beat them. Our D played well enough to beat Clemson our offense killed us that game.
Devito has upside but the guy has played poorly in the pocket with awareness and just not realizing negative play kill drives. Incompletions aren’t a bad for killing drives.

Devito bad INTs were the Clemson game. Those legitimately killed our chances to beat them. Our D played well enough to beat Clemson our offense killed us that game.
Devito has upside but the guy has played poorly in the pocket with awareness and just not realizing negative play kill drives. Incompletions aren’t a bad for killing drives.

I just do not see what you all do in him. It’s unfathomable to me that based on what he did this year we are not at least exploring other options for depth.

Only person it’s time to pull the plug on is Mike Lynch. he has single handedly taken 15 years off of my life with his play calling..
His not playing the most dynamic player on the team all year is stupid. Jordan at least should have returned kicks. Purdue last year found ways to get their freshman the ball, when they beat Ohio State.

Nonsense. I was at the game I think we win or its a 1 possession shootout if Riley doesn't fumble that punt.

Least surprising thing about the game though becuase he never catches it clean and hadn't lost one all year until yesterday. Our WRs are terrible other than Trish we need to pick up a grad transfer who doesn't suck and then we will be fine and should be a good team next year.

The talent we have is inferior to fo along with bad coaching from the position coaches.

How many NFL draft picks have we had on offense this decade? 2010-2019?
Ryan Nassib-QB 4th round 2013
Justin Pugh- OL 1st round 2013
Zero RBs and WRs.

We don’t have game breakers.
Where are our Stefan Diggs, Leonte Carroo NFL picks at WR.

Our biggest problem is talent. We don’t get the 4 star talent at skill position. Dino has brought in some speed it’s just underclassmen.

Tutu Atwell’s make coaches look good.
They turn 30 yard plays into 90 yard TDs.
We have a guy who showed on a bad screen play that he could be a gamebreaker. Jordan made a number of people miss, and ran by others. It was the coaches fault for not playing him more. The OC has to be gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom