Ivy canceling spring sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ivy canceling spring sports

For regular schools, I think it's prudent to shut them down for maybe even for a month as a firebreak to spread, distance learn as much as possible, and extend the school year
Go to SUNY-Oswego's facebook page. They are closing down but sounds like if you have labs you still stay up there so it looks like the dorms and dining halls stay open. Everything else is online. Then people start asking questions and they have no answers to the questions. They really need to think this out better.

Thoughts are with the seniors on these teams. It is really sad to see so many careers end like this. Cannot believe we will never see legends like Sowers, Teat, and Ierlan every play another college game. Tufts may have been one of the best D3 teams of all time this year. We'll never know what could have been. I hope the players will be granted an additional year, but with the Ivy rules and jobs lined up it will be impossible to tell what could have been.

I dont necessarily disagree, but in NY, in public schools, there are lots of considerations that make this very difficult to pull off, and if it does happen, it will be highly disruptive.

yeah I get it, because schools are day care. If that's the case, then from the labor side treat this as a force majeure and enact some emergency job security and income protection.

Everyone is going to take a haircut on this, investors, business, government, individuals. The idea is to not panic and think that there is a way to prevent the disease or the impacts entirely.

In a couple of months things will be back to normal.

one interesthing thing is that all the ivy league kids really have a yr left since they cant RS.. Who knows what that will bring

I didn’t mean feel good about the chances. I meant feel good about winning a diluted championship
We can only play who they put in front of us.
1583962767718.gif

Season just feels stupid with arguably the best and deepest division not playing. Cornell, Princeton, Penn, and Yale all have final four potential. Would feel weird even celebrating if we win it all. And once again, these are not the last canceled seasons. Nowhere near the same considerations for lax as there would be for football or basketball.

Keep the season, no crowds. Just my 2 cents. Barring underlying conditions the kids are not in at risk populations. Allow any staff/employees/refs with underlying conditions/wrong age group to bow out with pay. Coronavirus needs to be taken very, very seriously, but canceling the season is over doing it imho.

19000 people have already died of the common flu virus. Hardly a whisper. Millions contract it every year. Crickets. Now we are closing vital institutions throughout the country. Ridiculous. Lacrosse will survive as disheartening as this. Its this country's sanity I wonder about.

I do think they are not really solving a problem by removing these kids from sports. many will still be on or around campus anyway.

dont think the IVY didnt have this discussion with the NCAA before they decided as well what to do.

the Lax kids only played 4-5 games of the season fball allows 4 of a 12 game season to get a RS so they will actually play less of a % than what allows FB players to get a RS>

dont think the IVY didnt have this discussion with the NCAA before they decided as well what to do.

the Lax kids only played 4-5 games of the season fball allows 4 of a 12 game season to get a RS so they will actually play less of a % than what allows FB players to get a RS>

If they can give every Duke kid an extra year, they can give every Ivy kid an extra year.

In a week, the NCAA could pull the plug on the whole LAX season.

If they can give every Duke kid an extra year, they can give every Ivy kid an extra year.

In a week, the NCAA could pull the plug on the whole LAX season.
Who is going pay the tuition of $60,000?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom