JAB appreciation thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JAB appreciation thread

It's not the assistants job to close.
We're not even making the preliminary cuts for some of these kids anymore.

Hop himself wasn't bringing in much his last couple years.
It had a lot to do with the JB and Hop not being on the same page and Hop checking out.

We're not even making the preliminary cuts for some of these kids anymore.

It had a lot to do with the JB and Hop not being on the same page and Hop checking out.

We were on the final list for Akok, both Jacksons, and Isaiah Stewart. Those are names just off the top of my head. Not fair to throw the assistants under the bus IMO when they are meeting players and other schools are sending their head coaches. That has happened a good amount the past few years.

That’s the problem with hiring alumni. They won’t get fired if they’re not effective recruiters. Look how long it took Orr to get replaced.

He was only here four years and left to take a head coaching spot. So he did something right.

That's the downside of having assistants that are former players. You have an emotional attachment to them because you're so familiar with them, and its harder to be critical of their job performance.
There is no reason we shouldn't be landing better talent. Bras, Marek, Edwards, JBA. All kids with potential but all B listers at best. Goodine, Guerrier, Joe solid recruits but not the talent level we need to get back.
I watch a ton of college basketball. Watching teams like Texas or other unrated teams like us makes me realize how small we are and how we lack athleticism. When you really compare our talent to other teams its a miracle we have won as many games as we have.
At this point we just need to hope that we catch lightning as JB isnt going to start recruiting any harder, gmac isn't going to ever become a top recruiter, and Red can only do so much. As to Grif he seems to be a ghost. I never here anything about him. Ever. Its almost like he doesn't exist.
This staff needs new blood but it isnt going to happen so just hope we squeeze out a bid because that is our ceiling.
Hoping to get a bid. Sad.

There is no reason we shouldn't be landing better talent. Bras, Marek, Edwards, JBA. All kids with potential but all B listers at best. Goodine, Guerrier, Joe solid recruits but not the talent level we need to get back.
I watch a ton of college basketball. Watching teams like Texas or other unrated teams like us makes me realize how small we are and how we lack athleticism. When you really compare our talent to other teams its a miracle we have won as many games as we have.
At this point we just need to hope that we catch lightning as JB isnt going to start recruiting any harder, gmac isn't going to ever become a top recruiter, and Red can only do so much. As to Grif he seems to be a ghost. I never here anything about him. Ever. Its almost like he doesn't exist.
This staff needs new blood but it isnt going to happen so just hope we squeeze out a bid because that is our ceiling.
Hoping to get a bid. Sad.

Your're confusing talent with athleticism. Should we have more athletes. Sure, but when they have no skills that's why our offense stunk in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom