Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised

I call BS on this. You mean to tell me he doesn’t know the play where we hand the ball to the running back and he runs straight ahead? That’s like 75% of our offense and we run it every first down.

Apparantly there are many nuances to our runs up the middle and throws to the sideline.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Text from Syracuse.com:

Dino Babers is tempering the postgame noise around freshman QB JaCobian Morgan, who led a touchdown drive late in Saturday's loss to Wake Forest: "I wouldn't put too much stock in that. That's like throwing 7-on-7. That's not a real football game." We'll have more from Babers on the QB position on syracuse.com later this afternoon.

So Dino’s insinuating that Rex would have driven the team the length of the field and scored 6 on that last drive? Because I’m pretty sure everyone with eyeballs knows that not to be true.

I’m not off the Dino train, but sometimes he tests the limits of credibility.

It’s amazing that Clemsons backup true freshman quarterback can beat BC, but a pitiful SU offense can’t prepare their freshman QB to get any meaningful minutes.
There may be some bigger picture stuff in relation to Clemson's talent and their backup QB's talent that you're overlooking.

Going to offer up a theory here on Morgan. I think Dino knows what he has and was hoping to not have to use him in this year - which I think he thought was lost and a rebuilding year going in.

I think we’ve (he’s) been crushed on QB recruiting because the perception was no one was going to unseat TD. I think he really wants another this year and doesn’t want the same perception out there again.

Isn’t that a self-defeating prophecy?

Very loose comparison but reminded me of Dungey walking in and making plays his first game.

It is a loose comparison IMO since Dungey came in early that year and showed he could be productive against competition that was still trying. He had a good passing day against this Wake Forest team early on.

I think I'd be way more concerned if Morgan came in and couldn't even get a garbage time touchdown against this Wake defense

It is a loose comparison IMO since Dungey came in early that year and showed he could be productive against competition that was still trying. He had a good passing day against this Wake Forest team early on.

I think I'd be way more concerned if Morgan came in and couldn't even get a garbage time touchdown against this Wake defense

Exactly. It says something is there and that really is t clear with Rex beyond a few times here and there. Given the season is lost why not roll with the former.
Also when is the last time a big play was made with a qb getting out of the pocket and improvising on the run. Forget situation or opponent quality.

Exactly. It says something is there and that really is t clear with Rex beyond a few times here and there. Given the season is lost why not roll with the former.
Also when is the last time a big play was made with a qb getting out of the pocket and improvising on the run. Forget situation or opponent quality.

Yeah I mean I absolutely want to see Morgan more this year and in actual game situations where the defense wants to still rip his head off. But I'm still concerned he gets hurt significantly like what happened to Dungey and it possibly threatens his career.

Dino's right, but it isn't good public relations with a starving fanbase.
This was a step forward for a true freshman, but it was against a lot of clean white shirts.

Yeah I mean I absolutely want to see Morgan more this year and in actual game situations where the defense wants to still rip his head off. But I'm still concerned he gets hurt significantly like what happened to Dungey and it possibly threatens his career.
So if we had a frosh named Joe Montana we shouldn't play him because he might get hurt? Or Lew Alcindor, or Gary Gait? Morgan has to play or ill read about the game after its over. Dino has lost me. The running up the gut on first and second (especially in the red zone) down is mind boggling. Walking out of the stadium after beating W Va. seems like it must have been dream. But the reality is this team is no better than the day Grob got fired. We stink that bad. In Dino we trust!!!!!

Going to offer up a theory here on Morgan. I think Dino knows what he has and was hoping to not have to use him in this year - which I think he thought was lost and a rebuilding year going in.

I think we’ve (he’s) been crushed on QB recruiting because the perception was no one was going to unseat TD. I think he really wants another this year and doesn’t want the same perception out there again.

Two years ago, a heralded redshirt frosh led the Orange to wins against FSU and UNC, displayed arm talent the likes of which we have not before seen, and certainly showed the four star rating he received was befitting, and offers from the likes of Texas A&M were justified.

The next season, he was tackled by the paint on the field a half-dozen times.

Let's not over think the kid who was a late add, who we beat out Austin Peay and Jackson State for, just because he showed-well against Wake's third-stringers.

Having said that, I hope Morgan turns out the be great!

So if we had a frosh named Joe Montana we shouldn't play him because he might get hurt? Or Lew Alcindor, or Gary Gait? Morgan has to play or ill read about the game after its over. Dino has lost me. The running up the gut on first and second (especially in the red zone) down is mind boggling. Walking out of the stadium after beating W Va. seems like it must have been dream. But the reality is this team is no better than the day Grob got fired. We stink that bad. In Dino we trust!!!!!

Did Morgan have an offer from Notre Dame like Montana did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom