Jake (others feel free): | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jake (others feel free):

Especially if he can coach the bigs. Would’ve great if he has had extensive pro experience both oversees and NBA. If he understands G League as an option too. Including the Ignite program. Maybe a couple of years of coaching experience so he isn’t looking for the first promotion out of town but has some experience working with young players. And if his Jersey hangs in the Dome that would’ve a plus…..
Can I play? Especially if he has "go go gadget arms" and once upon a time dunked on the entire ND team?

Seriously would love for this to happen.

If you surround Jessie with those teams, he gets about as many touches as Forth in 2003.

I just don’t see it. Nice player who had a great year on a terrible team.

Those other players were key cogs in some of the best teams we’ve ever had.

If they were force fed the ball as much as Jessie their stats would have been eye popping too. Their rebounding numbers would be better to because our forwards were terrible.

I will say that I think Jessie is an elite rebounder. But he’s not the physical presence necessary to be an elite center. And his offensive game is easily stopped when you force him to move 8 feet from the basket.

You couldn’t move Arinze or Fab.

You had me til the last line. Chief knock on Arinze, IIRC, was that he got gobbled up by Thabeet, Blair, Hibbert when they played. Physical, yeah, but limited to the point of being totally ineffective against the most physical competition.

Obviously that's a much bigger problem with Edwards. Not shocking, given his build. What surprises me more is how meekly he presents on the pick and roll. He's got such good footwork and touch, seems like he should be making a living in space when he's pushed off the block but too often even that seems to be a struggle.

and AO shouldn't have played in that game that was essentially meaningless, I know hindsight is 20/20.

I mean, a Big East tournament game against Georgetown is a tough one to sit.

What always made me shake my head was a November game against Oakland (I think?), he'd banged up his knee the game before but then got sent out to play some really limited minutes when he obviously was favoring it. Always wondered if that sort of extra usage hurt him in the long run.

and AO shouldn't have played in that game that was essentially meaningless, I know hindsight is 20/20.
The only thing in hindsight that I feel strongly about is we should’ve let Fab (RIP) play in the tourney in 2012. We still got screwed in the end and all along the answer was very clearly win the Natty then hide the trophy with the 90 lax one.

I don’t know why everyone keeps saying this like it’s a forgone conclusion. I think it’ll be all hands on deck, including GMac and Griff, to support Red. I think Red will hire an experienced former head coach or an up-and-coming superstar recruiter as the other assistant. Obviously if GMac can get a head coaching job at a mid-major, then he should absolutely take it and start building his head coaching career. But will he be able to? We’ll see.
Like maybe a former Syracuse coaching legend? I heard that by the time Red takes over the 2nd all time winningest coach might be looking for an easy spot to spend a couple years as he eases into retirement

/s

Someone less polite than I can now insert a Royal Ivey reference. But I get the assist.

Somebody over on Nunes ages ago did an amazing photoshop for this -
using the format and style of Newman's Own packaging, only it was for:

WARRICK'S OWN TEA BAGS.

With the iconic pic of Hak giving Royal Ivey a cupful fresh from the source.

94cd6777b7f26f1d6e8fbf671bffec0b.jpg

The expressions of GMac, McNeil, and especially Pace are the BEST.

I am going to open a really hot box here, but I am dead serious. I would love to see Devo slotted into an assistant coaching position. Several reasons. He will totally understand the younger players with a chip on their shoulder. No one is more passionate than he is. He can be a great teacher. He is very close with our main NIL guy. He has some experience, and was with the strength team at one point. He is a changed man, and that is very important to show the players how to be a man. (hate to say that, but no other way to really put it)

I am going to open a really hot box here, but I am dead serious. I would love to see Devo slotted into an assistant coaching position. Several reasons. He will totally understand the younger players with a chip on their shoulder. No one is more passionate than he is. He can be a great teacher. He is very close with our main NIL guy. He has some experience, and was with the strength team at one point. He is a changed man, and that is very important to show the players how to be a man. (hate to say that, but no other way to really put it)
If there's two slots (if Gerry left) Devo could take a spot but they would very much need a former HC in the other spot.

First let me say I love Eric. I loved his fire on the court and I love his love for SU and the community. But I just don’t know as a full time coach. You would think he’d be a good choice. But, when he decided to get into coaching JB and JW created a new position on the staff for an asst strength coach. He was always around the players. After 2 years he took a position at Detroit Mercy as a special asst to the HC. He was there for a couple seasons but since, nothing. Except for that very short stint at Liverpool. As we know the last couple years he’s done his podcast as well as training some players during the summer. But what happened to his coaching path?

First let me say I love Eric. I loved his fire on the court and I love his love for SU and the community. But I just don’t know as a full time coach. You would think he’d be a good choice. But, when he decided to get into coaching JB and JW created a new position on the staff for an asst strength coach. He was always around the players. After 2 years he took a position at Detroit Mercy as a special asst to the HC. He was there for a couple seasons but since, nothing. Except for that very short stint at Liverpool. As we know the last couple years he’s done his podcast as well as training some players during the summer. But what happened to his coaching path?

I'm not saying I am advocating him as an assistant coach, but like a lot of peoples careers his family got in the way. That is why he moved back.

I’d expect Devo to align with Gmacs future plan but don’t disagree with your point.

You had me til the last line. Chief knock on Arinze, IIRC, was that he got gobbled up by Thabeet, Blair, Hibbert when they played. Physical, yeah, but limited to the point of being totally ineffective against the most physical competition.

Obviously that's a much bigger problem with Edwards. Not shocking, given his build. What surprises me more is how meekly he presents on the pick and roll. He's got such good footwork and touch, seems like he should be making a living in space when he's pushed off the block but too often even that seems to be a struggle.
Fair take…however, I’m not sure Jesse scores much against the three you mentioned.

I fear that the #Me Too folks would be all over that, no matter who he (appears to be) is now. I would love the passion.

I’d expect Devo to align with Gmacs future plan but don’t disagree with your point.
Curious if GMAC future plan includes JG3 and his 5th yr. Can’t see him playing M2M at Cuse if Red moves in that direction.

Ok ill retract Soph fab but then we must add Senior AO, dude was video game automatic in the paint.. We were winning it all that year until...

Best Syracuse TEAM, ever, including the championship team. Not debatable in my book
Still want to cry, when AO went down so did the title hopes ( no mistake, they were going to win it).

Yep. Big time.

SU basketball was my first favorite sports team. JB has quite literally been a part of that my whole life. I have never had a day where my #1 favorite team didn't have JB at the helm.
I moved for 1 year to Cuse in JB’s4th year- the love for the program absorbed me and I’ve been in love with Cuse hoops since. It’ll be terrible to see him go but a new era will dawn with me still 100% bleeding Orange.

Weren't you advocating for Langel last week? Or was that in case it was a external hire?
Yes he was my outside the family choice. If you read my post on this i was adamant that Red or G Hop replace JB for many reasons. Read my post. When it seemed apparent that Jim had blown that and there was the post about " who" my first outside guy is the Gate coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom