Jakob Phaup Appreciation Post | Syracusefan.com

Jakob Phaup Appreciation Post

sulax

Walk On
Hey guys, I just wanted to take a moment and recognize one of the single greatest performances I have ever seen in SU lax history. What Jakob Phaup did yesterday by dominating face-offs against Virginia was truly amazing! He’s had a rough year, he’s been the easy scapegoat for this team (although the D is, by far, this team’s weakest link, and they still almost lost the game for us yesterday, despite his masterful performance and very few Virginia offensive possessions ), was the huge undergdog going up against Paul Carcaterra’s top face-off man in the country, and it was for huge stakes for the team because our season was literally on the line! He’ll remember that his whole life. Good for him.

Unfortunately, unless our D gets significantly better (I don’t think we can expect that kind of face off domination again), then I don’t know if we’ll make much too much noise in the postseason. Should we just wave the white flag on our man to man D and just go to a full time zone defense?

Also do you guys think that Carcaterra could ever become SU’s coach? I agree with almost everything he says in the broadcast.

Thank you so much for letting everyone know! Great interview:
Interview starts at 22:10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom