Jalen Carey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey

It looks his approach to the game is similar to Dions. I always thought Dion got a bit of a bad rap as being selfish. He wanted to win and really enjoyed making winning passes as well as shots.

He just thought he was the better scoring option most of the time. It looks like Carey has a similar mindset.
Agree.

Looks like he loves to push the pace and attack the defense before it can get set. It will be great to have a guard who is really fast and finishes brilliantly. We have had some problems finishing in recent years in unsettled situations.

In half court settings, he is used to having the ball a lot, which could be a problem. Will he work hard off the ball to get open? Can he hit 3s as a true frosh?

It will be really interesting to see how he and Frank play together. They both might need to adjust some for this team to play at its best. I wonder if they will share the point or not? I am guessing Jalen will often bring it up and then Frank will mostly run the offense if they need to play half court.

I'm a big fan of Carey's game. Silky smooth, high level athlete, and ultra quick. I think the quickness aspect of Carey's game is what will set him apart from any other player on the roster next season. That quickness with the ball in his hands, combined with his mid range game and ability to finish at the rim with either hand makes him a playmaker.

JB has historically given playmakers huge minutes. I expect that trend to continue with Carey.

I'm a big fan of Carey's game. Silky smooth, high level athlete, and ultra quick. I think the quickness aspect of Carey's game is what will set him apart from any other player on the roster next season. That quickness with the ball in his hands, combined with his mid range game and ability to finish at the rim with either hand makes him a playmaker.

JB has historically given playmakers huge minutes. I expect that trend to continue with Carey.

Agreed. One glaring aspect of last year’s team on offense was lack of quickness all around. Especially from the lead guard spot. We had a lot of length but not a lot of speed/quickenss. Carey is going to a a welcomed sight for sore eyes.

Reactions: 007
I see a Samuel Jackson from Pulp Fiction type of player until his near death experience and then turning into a Sean Connery James Bond type player...cool, calm and always getting the job done with a splash of panache while taking advantage of his many tools.
A Royale with Cheese, type player!

I hope you’re right, because Dion was amazing for syracuse. No one could stop his drive or fast break. One of the most underrrated Cuse players imho. Not to mention his swag...we’ve been missing a player with swag since Dion and devo before that.
I don't know that he was underrated. He just didn't stick around long enough to establish a legacy. The talent was obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom