James Young | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

James Young

I would love to land this kid, lets hope the Harrison twins go to Kentucky, even though Young said he can play with the twins I think it would help our chances greatly.

I would love to land this kid, lets hope the Harrison twins go to Kentucky, even though Young said he can play with the twins I think it would help our chances greatly.
great minds... and stuff

hes visiting UK this weekend, Im sure Cal will have his duffle bag ready. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I highly doubt we get Young...I feel more confident in Selden but hey, ya never know

The reason for the wait, I believe, is that some of the recruits we are going after are waiting to see what players on current rosters do in terms of declaring for the draft or staying aka Kentucky and the 4 or 5 that have the chance to leave. This is causing a real slow down in kids giving a verbal.It could be a few more months before we truly know who will be coming here.

@AdamZagoria
James Young is down to 4 schools, not 2: Syracuse, Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State. STory coming.

@AdamZagoria
James Young will visit Michigan State "within a week," his Godfather, Sean Mahone, tells @SNYtv

Flynn played 40min a game as a frosh through BE play. I'd hate to have to see any PG do that again let alone a freshman.
How did that season end?

James Young Enjoys Kentucky, Down to 4 Schools

James Young enjoyed his weekend visit to Kentucky and is considering taking an official visit there Oct. 12 for Big Blue Madness.

“James hasn’t narrowed it down to two schools and he certainly hasn’t narrowed it down to Syracuse and Kentucky,” Mahone said. “The remaining four are Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State and Syracuse.”

Visits to Syracuse and Kansas have not yet been planned.

“Over the next week we’re going to sit down and map out the next steps requiring official visits,” Mahone said. “We had an opportunity over this past week to visit Kentucky and then we’ll sit down as a family and really evaluate where we are with all the schools and map out the plan from there.”

Doesn't sound great to me.

For those who think the Harrison twins will have an impact, they're announcing Thursday at 5:30 on ESPNU.

If they go to Maryland that is going to make things real real interesting. Besides the one Harrison there aren't many real top point guards left that Calipari likes to get. I wonder if he'd go after Jordan.

If the twins choose UK, does Young cross them off his list? If so, Mich St. and Kansas are our competition. I'd still like to see Selden inOrange.

I agree with what a few others have said, I don't think that the Harrisons scare Young away if they choose Kentucky. They might even give Kentucky an even better chance. But if/when Wiggins reclassified and if he chooses Kentucky, then Young would possibly see that he would likely be a bench player and cross them off his list. Thursday will be interesting, because if the Harrisons pick Kentucky, that is one major step toward what could be the best class ever, with Julius Randle, Wiggins and perhaps Lee. Ok, maybe not the best ever, but four of the top six or seven players in the class is pretty darn good.

I agree with what a few others have said, I don't think that the Harrisons scare Young away if they choose Kentucky. They might even give Kentucky an even better chance. But if/when Wiggins reclassified and if he chooses Kentucky, then Young would possibly see that he would likely be a bench player and cross them off his list. Thursday will be interesting, because if the Harrisons pick Kentucky, that is one major step toward what could be the best class ever, with Julius Randle, Wiggins and perhaps Lee. Ok, maybe not the best ever, but four of the top six or seven players in the class is pretty darn good.

Wiggins, the Harrison twins, Julius Randle, and any member of this board would be easily the greatest class of all time. That's 4 of the top 5 or 6 guys in a really good class and Wiggins is a once in a generation type talent.

He is another lefty without a right hand but stated he is working on his right which is a good thing. JB loves having at least one lefty on the team. If a defender forgets the scouting report it's an easy 2pts.

We always do seem to have one or two in the lineup.

If the twins choose UK, does Young cross them off his list? If so, Mich St. and Kansas are our competition. I'd still like to see Selden inOrange.
Agreed. Land Selden and I'd be ecstatic calling it a class. Would need a 5star big for 2014, but that shouldn't be hard to sell with all the PT up for grabs at that point.

Agreed. Land Selden and I'd be ecstatic calling it a class. Would need a 5star big for 2014, but that shouldn't be hard to sell with all the PT up for grabs at that point.
Chris McCollough or Dakari Johnson would fit nicely.

Announcing tomorrow on espnu at 5-6pm

Well, hopefully that gets the dominoes to start falling.
Yea, can only help with Roberson. UK is running out of ships. I also believe we will get rysheed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom